01 - Holding hands

30 Day OTP Challenge - Henber

"Amber unnie you held hand with Henry oppa again!! I saw it!!!!" Luna smirks while making this comment to Amber after their SMTown concert, the other fx members are minding their own businesses in the changing room, but Amber is 200% sure that they are listening. Amber sighs and grabs her bag. 
"Luna I have held hands with LOTS of people, or if you like, LOTS of male artists." Amber takes out her clothes for change.
"But Amber unnie..... it's .....different when you were holding hands with Henry oppa." Sulli joins in with Luna. 
"How?....." Amber asks coolly.
"I....ur.... don't know....." The two lost their speech, Amber smiles and gets up.
"You guys read too many fanfics recently huh?Just get over it, you guys are still kids!" Amber laughs while the other two rejects angrily that they are now officially grown ups, she takes her clothes and slips into the shower quickly before they come and get her. 
Now that she is alone, she looks at her hand, and she immediately recalls the brief moment that they were holding hands together on stage, his sweat and also wramth seem to stay on her palm. Sulli was right, Henry is indeed different to the other male artists that she also holds hands with, that didn't appear on the way they hold hands or how lond did they hold it for; but simply the fact that 1) Amber let Henry to hold her hands, she hates people doing skinship on her but she likes to be the one to take the initiate; and 2) Henry is different to her. 
Amber shakes her head and walks into the shower, forces herself not to think of what Luna and Sulli joked about. 
"What do they know......" She murmurs and losts in her thought.


Henry loves the SMTown concerts: not only he could travel around the world, he could also perform different things and have collaborations with different artists, make new friends and takes a lot of selfies.
And has he mentioned he could show how close he is with the other artists (Amber) publicly?
He enjoys the concert so much, that everytime he doesn't even want to leave the stage watching the glowsticks and the plushies being thrown onto the stage, from time to time he would look for snoopy and then he would pick it up, and share it with Amber. The two of them would be doin crazy things on stage at the end of the concerts, and naturally when they are at the last scene to thank all their fans, they would hold hands naturally.
See that's the thing Henry is not happy about in the SMTown: he is always close with Amber, having so much skinships and cute moments; but he is never sure how he is different from all the other male artists that Amber is close to.
Sure they have held hands, but Amber also held hands with almost any other male artists, and some of them even held longer than he did. 
He was too busy to control his fast beating heart than to notice the very slight difference on Amber.


"Yo man tomoroow is going to be the last day of your 1-4-3 performance you know?" Geneo asks while they are having their fried chicken for dinner. 
"So? Henry asks with his mouth full of chicken, he has been keeping fit for a long time, now that he is going to eat all of that chicken he could take in.
"Dude it's your last chance to have performance with Amber! You're not going to do anything special?" Gen takes away the bucket in front of Henry, forces Henry to respond him seriously.
"What should I do?"
"Like saying 1-4-3 lalalala~~~ Say I love you to her!"
"That song was not for her....and she also knew about it"
"Well yea true.... but....."
"Gen you seriously think that I'm special to her?" Henry suddenly asks seriously. Looking into his eyes, Gen is certain that his best friend loves his other beset friend very much, Henry treasures about her.
"Definitely, I could feel it....."
"How? She acts close to the others just as she does to me, some maybe even closer." Henry pauses. "She does not only hold my hands."
"I don't know... just a feeling...." Gen shrugs, Henry has a point but he is certain that Amber has a thing for Henry, just that he doesn't know how he could put it in words.
"Thanks for your tips man.... I'm going to shower now." Henry losts his apetite thinking about this.
"You know, although 1-4-3 was not written for Amber, you could have always make it as the one and only song for you and her." Gen says suddenly when Henry leaves the dining table for his room. "Afterall this is your and her first ever longeset collaboration. Make 1-4-3 as your own song, mr composer!"
"Thanks man, I'll think about it." Henry turns and gives him a tired smile.
"If you don't feel anything special about her holding your hands, than just show her how to hold hands properly, tell her the difference yourself!" Gen shouts with his mouth full of the chicken after Henry gets into his room.
Henry stares at the snoopy doll they picked up together in one of the SMTown concert and asks it, "can I actually do it snoopy?"


Amber tells her in English that she has caught a cold when Henry goes to visit her in her make-up room, he goes over and sits next to her, checking that she is ok.
"But seriously thanks Amber, your support meant a lot to me as being a solo artist." Henry looks at the side of Amber, who is staring straight into the mirror in front as she is still doing her make-up, her face looks paler than usual.
"Don't be silly snoopy! We are best friends!" She jokes, but he could hear the change in her voice.
Henry wants to hug her, and tells her that he wants more than just being best friends.
They walk onto the stage to practice after greeting and joking around with his fans. A sudden sentiment washes over Amber, maybe it's because of the cold, or that the lights are too bright, or she is just lack of sleep; but she doesn't want this day to pass, she wishes she could stop the clock from running.
Henry turns when he feels the emptiness behind him, usually Amber is just one or two steps behind him, but he couldn't feel her presence this time at all. He turns around and sees her walking slowly, her expression is not the cheesy Amber. He stares at her, then thinks of what Gen has told him yesterday, he holds out his hand for her.
Amber looks at the hand in front, instinctly she takes it, without thinking about it.
"Just tell her how special she is to you." That's the only thought on Henry's mind when he reaches out his hand for her.
"You are special to me." That when Amber puts hers into his.
Because of the sudden sentiment, they have forgotten to hide their thoughts, their most inner secrets that were being kept for long.
A brief moment, than he let go, realizing that there are still people watching.
But Amber's hand left in the air, she could feel it, the one thing that Henry wants to tell her.
The major difference that defines Henry from other of her boy friends.


Henry walks into Amber's changing room, he stares at the llama who is taking a nap on the small sofa, arms crossed in front of her chest.
He carefully takes the arm on the outside and holds her hand, it feels cold; his hands cover hers to warm her up.
"Henry....." Amber opens an eye, feeling the sudden warmth sent from her left hand.
"Shhh....." He crosses his fingers with hers, and puts their linked hands into his coat pocket.
Amber smiles sweetly and leans on his shoulder, her hand relaxes in his.
The proper way of holding hands.
This time no one is going to let go soon.