Chapter 2

My Everything

With the door slammed open wide, the ‘rich boys’ aka EXO walked into the class gaining attention from the students eventhe teachers. Without words, the boys walked towards their usual tables, even the teacher didn’t say anything to the boys eventhough she knows that they’re dead late. Every teachers in this school were taught that the boys are ‘invincible’ – they have no rights to punish or scold them because their parents are the owners of the school. That’s why the boys are thought that they’re powerful more than anyone else in the school.

“Hi” the bronze-skinned boy said as he sat down beside the new girl. The girl stayed quiet while listening to the teacher’s every words, she’s not even thinking of talking to him. “Aren’t you going to talk to me?” the boy said. He rested his chin on his palm while looking at her but she’s not even interested on talking or even facing him even once. “Hello? Earth to Chrystal!” the boy waved his hand in front of the girl’s face.

That’s it.

Chrystal finally looked at him, annoyed. She gave him her cold stare, warning him to stay quiet. “So this is how to get your attention” the boy said while nodding his head.

During the class, he kept on bothering the girl – poking, pinching, tickling, etc – he does it all but it’s not enough to gain her attention. She was too focused on the lessons, which makes her not even wanting a piece of the hot guy who’s currently sitting beside her. Every girls noticed how the kingka is trying to get the new girl’s attention and shot their death glares towards the new girl as if they’re trying to let her know that the kingka is theirs. He poked her cheek once more.

With that, Chrystal exploaded. “Can you stop that?!” Chrystal said quietly but sounded mad. She looked at the kingka with her death glare. “I’m telling you, Kim Jongin, i’ll just tell you one time. Don’t mess with me” The kingka smiled in victorious. Suddenly, someone from behind pulled both the kingka and the girl together making them pinned backwards.

“How does this girl know your real name?” the boy who pulled them said. The kingka and Chrystal both turned around and saw the blondie boy from yesterday, Sehun. “Real name?” Chrystal asked and furrowed her eyebrows “Kim Jongin. It’s his real name” Sehun said while pointing at Jongin. “In public, he used the name ‘Kai’ and he didn’t tell anyone except us and his family”

“Kai?” Chrystal even got more confused “Yeah, no one in this school has ever called him Jongin, EVER!” Sehun said pointing out ‘ever’. “Except for us” he continued. Chrystal then looked at Jongin and raised an eyebrow. She didn’t say anything, instead, she continue to focus of her study.

Jongin aka Kai knocked the blondie boy aka Sehun’s head and told him to shut up.

As the time goes, finally it’s time to go home. All headed outside but only Chrystal stayed in class while writing something on her notebook. As everyone goes outside, Kai walked in and sat down beside her. “So, are you going to tell me your real name?” Kai said as he rested his chin on his palm. He waited for her answer but nothing came out. He decided to rested his head down.

He looked at her face from down. “What do you want?” finally Chrystal spoke up. She put down her pencil and put in her notebook to her bag. She looked at him with that cold stare of hers “I want you to tell me your real identity” Kai said while crossed his arms

“Why do you so eager on knowing me?” Chrystal said and rested her chin on her palm. She waited for his answer but nothing came out. “See? You don’t even know why” she said and stand up but he caught her wrist first.

“Because I want to know if you’re really her or not” Kai said looking at her intensely, burning holes into her eyes. She blinked a few times and get her mind back. Kai pulled her down gentley sitting her down again.

“Who is she?” Chrystal said confused Kai sighed. He told her about his first love he met 10 years ago.

“I met this girl during an event that my father created 10 years ago to make some business partnership. She approached me saying what I was exactly thinking” Kai said, Chrystal nodded at him signaling him to continue. “So, she was so bright and cheerful unlike me but I saw something in her that reminded me of myself. She was wearing a mask, what I saw was fake. It was totally like me. At the same time, I fall for her.” Kai ended his flashback. He then rested his head on the desk, not facing her.

Chrystal opened in disbelief. She finally remembered about him, the boy whom she met 10 years ago. She then,took out her notebook and ripped a piece of paper. She wrote something and slipped it through Kai’s hand. with that, she left. Kai noticed the paper she slipped. It says “open it when you put yourself together”, he chuckled and opened it.

"Dear Kim Jongin, whom I met 10 years ago.

It is nice to finally meet you again, Jongin. I’m sorry if I couldn’t notice that it was you because you’re so different now. If you could just tell me earlier, I would’ve treated you nicely. But at least, I remembered, right?

Thank you for not forgetting me.

Love, The girl you met 10 years ago, Choi Soojung."

Kai widened his eyes and was about to say something but saw no one beside him. The girl, after all, like he thought is his first love – whom he still loves until now. Choi Soojung, the girl he admired, finally appeared in his life once again. But now, he’s not going to let her go.