Chapter 18

My Everything

You can’t be “just friends” with someone you fell in love with.

~*~

Two days passed since the time Soojung, I, and the other boys praticed for the showcase again. It was a good thing that I decided to pratice twice because no matter how much we are experienced, the past is the past. We were good by only praticing once in the past. It is now Saturday and I just realized that the showcase is near, yet, I’m still in a dilemma. To be honest, I’m scared—afraid—that incident three years ago will happened again, but I can’t just back off and told the other that I’m afraid so I can’t do the showcase, they’re going to hate me. I’m not a coward, it’s just that, whenever I want to do something against my dad’s will, I feel scared. I feel like I have to do this but I’m not.  I’ve never, ever, do something against my dad’s will.

If possible though, I want to join a talent agency. I have been offered to be a trainee in some of the biggest talent agencies around here but I always declined the over. I know how much my dad would hate the idea of me being an artist, possibly an idol. But never in my wildest dream, I can imagine myself going on stage and just perform there with all my heart, in front of my fans, screaming my name. That will never happened to me, ever.

It was already nighttime, I plopped myself on the queen-sized bed. No matter how much I tried to get my dad out of my head, he will always appear. I heaved a sigh as I burried my face in my palm, I reached out to my phone on the nightstand. I unlocked it and scroll down on my contact lists. As I found the person I wanted to call, I pressed the green button.

After two rings, she picked up. “Hello?”

“Hey” I said, smiling a little.

“Jongin? W-why are y-you calling?” She said, shuttering.

Why is she shuttering? I swear, I know her, she never shutter whenever she talked to me. “Are you alright? Are you with someone? Why are you shuttering?”

“Eh? No! I’m alright. Why are you calling, though?”

“Do you have time tomorrow?” I asked.

“Why?”

“We need to pick out the costumes for the showcase. Can you help?”

“Oh, sure! Are you going to buy it?”

“I think so but I want your opinion”

“I think we should just make it”

“Can you? I’m not good with scissors tho” I said, chuckling.

“Leave it to me” She said.

-

The alarm on the nightstand ringed and I immediately throws myself into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, probably the quickest shower I’ve ever had. As I’m done, I went to my closet and pick out some comfortable clothes to go shopping today. Anyway, I’m going to shopping with Soojung, also with Kyungsoo who is good at finding something, Chanyeol who is number one when it comes to shopping, and last but not least, Suho who have the money. While the others are going together, I’m going to pick Soojung up. After I was done, I grabbed my car keys and went outside. As I climbed down the stairs, my mom was already waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. I smiled as I looked at her. “What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Good luck” She tapped my shoulder lightly as she flashed a me a bright smile.

I know what she meant. “Thank you, mom.” I said and kissed her right cheek. As always, my mom always knows what I wanted, unlike my dad.

I shoved myself into my car, started the engine off, and drived out from the house. After about a couple of minutes, I arrived at Soojung’s residence. From outside, her house looks nothing but gloomy, it doesn’t feel like home—more like a prison. Unlike my house, her house was pretty dark considering that she lived in a mansion, it must be really scary—for her. I dialed Soojung’s numbers and told her to come down and with that I hung up. After a few minutes, she come out from the front gate.

“Hey” She said as she sat on the passanger’s side. She glanced at me and all of the sudden, she cleared . “Won’t you drive?”

I chuckled at her. “Of course.”

The whole car ride was nothing but silent. I would asked Soojung a few random things but she would just ended our conversation too quick. There’s definitely something weird with this girl. But I just shake it off, she probably just got a morning sick, that’s why she is not making any conversation now. 

“I hope you will be on the front row when we performed tomorrow.” I suddenly said, making her glancing at me.

“I will,” She said, smiling at me and then she continued, “Remember I promised you to stay by your side, right?”

I nodded. “You still remember that?” I felt a bit touched.

“I do.” She said while nodding, “When I promise something, I never, ever break that promise.”

As she said that, I suddenly stated. “Well then, promise me you won’t leave me. I need you. Promise?”

Soojung narrowed her orbs at me but still she offered me a small smile. Fortunately, we hit the traffic so I can clearly look at her face when she was answering. She pursued her lips, probably not knowing what to answer. She glanced at me once again. “Promise.” She said and then flashed a sweet smile at me.

-

I pulled Soojung closer to me as we entered the mall. Eventhough it was in the morning, a mall is a mall, it is always crowded. We’re not a couple, yet, I acted like a over-protective boyfriend. And I like it.

We spotted Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Suho at the Starbucks waving at us. They were drinking their coffees, making Soojung whined. “Why?”

“I’m Starbuck addicted” She said, pouting at me.

“I’ll buy you one, later” I said as I patted her shoulder.

“Really?!” She widened her eyes in excitement and grinned at me.

“Anything for you.” I said

We approached the boys and sat down on their table. I sat beside Kyungsoo while Soojung took a seat beside Suho.

“Are you guys dating or what?” Chanyeol suddenly asked out of nowhere. It sure caught me off guard.

“No. We’re just friends.” Soojung said as I was about to open my mouth. Somehow, that words that came out from was like bullets to my heart. I felt a strike of pain in my heart as I heard her saying that. ‘Just friends’, that phrase kills me.

“Yeah, just..friends.” I said brokenheartedly.

After the chit-chat, we started to shop. Me, Kyungsoo, and Soojung went to buy our clothes while Suho and Chanyeol are going to buy the accessories—such as shoes, caps, gloves, etc.

-

As the car skidded to a stop, I saw two different wheels parked along the driveway outside of Soojung’s house. As I remember, when I first got here I didn’t see any of those cars in front of her house. I glanced at Soojung who is also now looking at the cars, which seems familiar to her, because she heaved a sigh before glancing at me.

“Thank you for today,” She smiled, half-heartedly. “I had lots of fun.”

“Me too.”  I said smiling at her.

“Good luck for the showcase.” She said as she patted my shoulder, then unbuckled the seatbelt. As she was about to go out, I reached out my hand and grabbed her wrist, which makes her turned to me.

“Remember your promise, okay?” I stared at her deeply. “You will be on the front row so that I can see you and that would ease my nerves.”

 She smiled at me lovingly. “I will and I promise.” She stated


This is a short update :( but, Hope you enjoy it~ 

Please comment what do you think about the story up until now cause' i'm dying to know ;)