Chapter 16

My Everything

“Falling in love with him was never in my plan. Until one day...I woke up loving him so much.”

~*~

The scene from yesterday crossed my mind as I closed my eyes. Jongin and I was talking something—randomly, and before I knew it, I’m slightly feeling something for him, but I don’t know what it is. As if I couldn’t believe it, I laughed mockingly at myself. Jongin’s smiling face appeared at times I closed my eyes. This weird feelings I had when I’m near him or when I knew that he’s somewhere near me, always get me everytime. I’m pretty sure this feelings had gone through me, but this time around, I’m sure it’s way more powerful that the last time I experienced this kind of thing.

“I must be crazy.” I mumbled to myself as I hide my face in my palms. I swear, everytime I closed my eyes, he will appeare. He’s just everywhere—in my mind. I heaved a sigh as I saw him again, this time, I heard his voice as well. This feelings, I can’t control it. I have to tell someone about it, I need to let it out.

I reached my phone on the nightstand. I unlocked it and scroll down the contacts list. As I scroll down, I passed Kim Jongin, and find myself calling Choi Hana. My cousin, more like sisters. We are close since we were a little.

“Hello?” She picked up just after two rings.

“Hana? It’s me, Soojung.” I said, biting my lower lip.

“What’s up?” She said, casually.

“Can we meet somewhere? I need to talk about something.” I said.

“I’m pretty sure it’s about boys,” Hana said, chuckling. “You always come to me whenever you want to talk something about boys.”

That’s so true. “That’s right.” I said. There’s a few seconds of pause before I spoke, “I’ll meet you at the Hollys, okay?”

“Okay! See ya!” Hana said, excitedly. With that I hung up and throw my phone on the bed. Once again, I heaved a sigh as I throw myself on the bed.

-

I looked around to find my cousin as I entered the almost empty cafe. On the corner of the cafe, I spotted my cousin—Choi Hana—she was exceptionally beautiful. She waved at me as she saw me walking towards her, a smile crept on her face. I gave her a nod and sat down on the seat in front of her.

“So, who is the lucky guy?” Hana said, as she take a few sips from her Americano.

“Hhm..You probably know him,” I said, a little bit hesitating. “Kim Jongin.”

As I said Kim Jongin, Hana chocked on her coffee as if I just said something very surprising. She chuckled at herself as she wiped with a handkerchief.

“I’m not blaming you.” Hana said, grinning at me. “Everyone will eventually fall for him.”

At her words, I couldn’t agree more. I mean, who wouldn’t fall for that hot guy? He’s handsome, rich, and talented. Not to mention, he actually got some manners. It’s just that he doesn’t show it to anyone, only for the ones that is really close to him. Am I counted?

“Do you like him too?” I asked, curiously.

“Of course. Who wouldn’t?” Hana said, glancing at me. “But now I have a boyfriend so, yeah.”

I merely nodded my head.

“Soojung, do you even know what you’re feeling for him?” Hana asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

“I...don’t know.” I said, glancing at her.

“You must, at least, find out what you’re feeling. If your heart says that he’s the one, then he is. But if not, you must listen to your heart if you want everything to worked out.” Hana said, taking a sip of her coffee. “Because the heart wants what it wants.”

“I know. It’s just weird that—this feeling—everytime I closed my eyes, he will crossed my mind. It’s just....overwhelming. I'm afraid of falling in love. I'm afraid I'll fall in love with the wrong person, again.” I said, glancing away from her.

“I know. Take your time, let your heart decide. If you listen to your heart, I’m sure everything will worked out.” Hana said, smiling at me.

 

-

 

I got up from my bed and looked at my digital clock, 6:00 am, it indicated. I streched my arms and let out a big yawn as I rubbed my eyes. I commenced my way towards my bathroom and did my morning rituals. I wrapped a towel around my body and headed towards my walk-through closet. I put on my school uniform and fixed my hair in front of the mirror.

As soon as I finished readying myself, I got my backpack and went outside my room. I went downstairs with a slow pace as I held the marble railings. As soon as I reached the last step, I was greeted by a luscious smell. I briskly and carefully made my way towards the kitchen—putting my bag on a stool—where I found my brother cooking breakfast for the both of us.

“Good morning.” He greeted as he turned towards me, collinding his hazel orbs with mine.

“Good morning.” I smiled as I went beside him, looking over his delicious cooking. Kyungjun is a great cook, anyway. “You’re seriously the best good-looking brother who can cook. Seriously!”

“The best good-looking brother who can cook? What does that mean?” Kyungjun looked at me, raising an eyebrow at me.

“I don’t know” I shrugged.

“You silly.” Kyungjun said as he messed up my hair and I slapped his hand. “Breakfast is ready!”

As we both sat down on our seats, I started to eat the breakfast that he made joyfully. Nobody can beat my brother’s dish, eventhough it was made by a professional chef—i’d rather eat what my brother makes me. I glanced at Kyungjun as I took sip from my drink, he was busy texting with someone.

“Dad want me to visit the company,” Kyungjun suddenly said as I took the last bite of my food. “Do you want me to take you to the school?”

“Sure.” I said, smiling at him.

I unlocked my locker and took out the books I needed for today. Just when I slammed the locker shut, someone appeared by my side. As I turned my head to the side,  my heart skipped a beat  and my stomach starts to felt weird when I saw that someone. When our eyes collided, I gazed away—awkwardly.

“Hey” He greeted my, smiling softly.

“H-hey” I said, glancing at him rather awkwardly.

“Are you alright?” He seems to notice my weird action.

“I’m alright yeah” I said, brushing the back of my neck as I glanced at him again. He was looking at me with concern in his eyes, he’s not buying what I said.

“Are you sure?” He said, moving his face closer to my face. So our faces was now pratically just a few inches away. Not knowing what to do, I stared at his eyes for a while—getting lost in his eyes—and slowly pushed his head with my finger. What the hell is wrong with me?!

Wordlessly, I walked away from him to my class. He followed my steps from behind, I was so sure that he’s burning holes into the back of my head. I can feel it. As I stepped into the class, I slumped into my seat and burried my face into my folded arms. I sighed heavily, committing to the weird feeling I had earlier when my eyes met his eyes. I closed my eyes as I steadied my heartbeat. Just when myself started to calm down, the person who is responsible for this to happened,  sat next to me.

“Are you really alright?” He said that, for the third time.

Once again, that weird feeling hit me again. This time around, it was more strong. “I’m alright, Kim Jongin. As you can see, I’m smiling.” I said and faked a smile in front of him , then burried my face into my folded arms again.

“You—“ I heard him, as I felt him touching my forehead. A wave of electricity stung through my whole body. “Are you sure?”

I looked up at him and rolled my eyes at him. “How many times I should repeat the same answer?”

“Okay okay.” He said, smiling at me. “Just tell me if you’re sick or if you need anything, alright?”

I merely nodded at him. I don’t feel like talking to him or even facing him. I’m afraid I will feel those feelings again.

As a few of the classes passes, it’s finally time for a break. Everyone got up from their seats one by one and starts leaving the class. I heaved a sigh as I stand up, I walked towards the door and crashed into someone. I almost tripped myself when a hand caught my waist. The person I bumped into was clearly not a girl, that person was strong enough to hold me. I looked up and saw a boy staring at me—worriedly. “Are you okay?” the boy said concernly.

I stand on my feet and smiled at him. “I’m okay. Thank you and I’m sorry. I should’ve looked where I’m going.”

“No, I am sorry. I didn’t looked straight while I was walking.” The boy said and then smiled at me. I admit it, this boy is quite handsome. But I’ve never saw him before. “You’re beautiful. As always.”

At a moment, I was puzzled. But then I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows at him. “What?”

“I just realized that you’re really beautiful.” The boy said, smiling sweetly at me.

“You know me?”

“Choi Soojung. Of course I know you. I know you very well.” The boy said.

“H-how do you know?” I shuttered.

“I’m Lee Daehyun” The boy named Daehyun said. Surprisingly, I found this name quite familiar. Like I’ve heard it somewhere.

“Daehyun?”

 “You don’t remember?” Daehyun asked, making sure if I really forget about him.

“I’m sorry” I said, frowning.

 “Ouch!” Daehyun pretended to dramatically put a hand over his heart as if he was really in pain. “You always have your ways to hurt me.”

 "I’ve hurt you before?” I asked, curiously but confusedly.

 “On 9th grade, do you remember the boy who confessed to you in front of the whole class?” Daehyun asked, glancing at me softly. I pursued my lips trying to remember my 9th grade memories. When I remember about that time, I immediately nodded at him. “That boy was me.”

 “What?!” I said and widened my eyes.


Thank you for reading! please keep reading!

Comment and subscribe! :)

xoxo