Chapter 5

My Everything

I never knew love can be this tough...He thought. 

He stared blankly at the white ceiling as he plopped himself on the queen sized bed, for a while he relaxed his mind and get rid of the twisting thoughts. Kai’s life is not always on the top, he had his ups and downs, just like everybody – it’s just that he doesn’t show it to everyone.

Everyone thought that he’s that rich boy who live his life happily without even a single problem. But truthfully, his problems are more complicated than theirs. They just never know how much he had struggle for these past few years.

Now with the addition of his first love, one more problem showed up in his life. Beforehand, he thought that love would be simple and it would cover up all the problems he have been going through but no. It is making him happy but at the same time, he fell for the wrong girl, at least, that was what his friends thought. He never knew that love would be that complicated.

He sighed as he closed his eyes with the back of his hand.

Knowing that his life had been planned even before he was born, making him more stressed out. Everyone in the world would have think that being a billionare’s child is a fortunate. But for Kai, he never wanted this life, he even swear to himself that if he got the chance to reborn, he would rather be a normal people’s son rather than a billionare’s son.

Being a billionaire's son is not necessarily happy

“Jongin?” a soft knock landed on the wooden door. He stands up, pratically shoved his thoughts aside. He approached the door and opened it slightly, there stood his favorite hyung, Kyungsoo. He smiled and opened the door for him.

“What’s on your mind?” Kyungsoo said as he sat down on the couch across from Kai’s bed. Kyungsoo probably is the best when it comes to counseling. He will know that something is going on with just looking at your face, eventhough your face shows nothing.

Kai smiled as he plopped himself on the bed, once again. He didn’t know what to answer. “Love is tough” He managed to find an answer. “Life ”

Kyungsoo frowned at Kai’s words. He is definitely not happy with it.

“You should be grateful that you met her again. You should be happy that you have enough money to live your messy life” Kyungsoo said. “Don’t get offensed but your life is kinda messy”

He is right, Kai thought. He knows that his life is a huge mess. He’s literally at the very bottom of his life now, he never knew when will he will be at the top of his life.

“Cheer up, bro!” Kyungsoo unknowingly already stands by the side of his bed and patted his stomach, making him groaned in pain, “Life will get better before you even know it”

Will it?

------------

 “Let the sun shines!” Kyungsoo opened the curtain widely making the sunlight shine through the window, buring Kai’s body. He opened his eyes slowly with his hand covering his eyes. “Get up lazybutt!”

He pulled his blanket and throws it on the floor, before Kai reacts he forced Kai to stands up and push him into the bathroom, allowing him to wash himself up. “Get out after you’re done. Breakfast on the table. Me and the others will go first”

He earned a ‘hm’ from Kai and with that he left. Kai showered his body with the cold water, not caring if he will get a cold. When he’s done, he pulled out the uniform and put it on. He took his bag and place it over his shoulder.

He started his car’s engine and drove off to the school. Within fifteen minutes, he arrived, turning off the engine, put the key in his pocket and got out. As he went out, he immediately gained attention from the girls at the parking lot.

Kai with the messy hair, and how he dressed up even makes him look more attractive than he already is. Squealing can be heard as he passed the girls one by one, without even looking at them. He just shook his head and ignored them.

As he walked down the hallway, he spotted that girl in the huge crowd. Even in this crowded place, he still managed to spot that girl that has stolen his heart, from the beginning. Sometimes he even wondered, how can he manage to only look at one girl when there’s a lot of hot girls surrounding him.

“Morning” he said as he approached the girl, Chrystal. She glanced at him and then turned away. “Aren’t you going to greet me back?”

“Why is that necessary?” Chrystal said, she got three books wrapped around her tiny arms. Immediately, Kai with that quick move of his, he took the books from her hands and carried it himself.

“Hey!” Chrystal tried to get the books back but Kai refused and insisted that he wanted to take it for her. She sighed and let Kai get want he wanted. “Where to?” Kai asked

“History” Chrystal said, Kai smiled widely. “We have the same class” he winked and walked faster than she is. He led her to the history class. By a spilt of a hair, the arrived at the class on time, before the bell rang.

“That was close” Chrystal said as she closed the door behind her. She looked at Kai who already sat down on the corner of the class, she saw her books already putted on the table in front of his table. She smirked and noticed how he wanted her to sat in front of him, while there’s a lot of empty seats around.

She sat down and felt that Kai was moving. She turned around to see what is he doing, he was resting his chin on his palm, admiring her back view. She rolled her eyes and chuckled at his childishness. 

------------

The bell rings, signing recess time. She gathered her things and throws them to her bag, looking around and saw no one, everyone had left the class. It is only her, she turned around and saw Kai still sitting behind her. “It’s you and me again” Kai said as he stands up and pulls out the chair in front of her, sitting facing her. “What do you want to do? I know you don’t like to eat here. Should we eat outside?”

How did he know?

“Are you a stalker or something?” Chrystal raised an eyebrow, making Kai brust out laughing. She looked at him weirdly and furrowed her eyebrows. “Stop it”

He stopped laughing and looked at her amusedly. “I’m not your stalker. I just know everything about you”

“and what makes it different from stalking?” she asked raising an eyebrow

“I’m not stalking you but i’m learning about you” Kai explained, making things even worse.

“Learning me? it’s more scary” she said and chuckled

“Anyway, shall we eat outside?” Kai said and winked at her. “It’s too boring to eat here”

“Is that even allowed?” she said and gave him a ‘what are you thinking’ face. Kai smirked and then forced Chrystal to stand up and pulled her outside.

Looking side to side, checking if there’s anyone around, as he feels that no one’s around, he run outside with Chrystal in his grip. Unknowingly, Chrystal accepted Kai’s offer to eat outside, or should we say, skipping class?

“You’re a good runner” Kai said as they arrived on the parking lot, without a single notice from the teachers. They would be dead by now if one of the teachers spotted them.

“I thought you’re not scared of the teachers” Chrystal said as she sat on the passanger side. Kai insert the key and the car roars to life. He chuckled and then put his hands on the steerwheel. “I’m not scared” he said and the radio. “I’m just scared that they will see you as a bad girl”

“So you were just protecting my image?” Chrystal asked, a little bit touched by his actions. He nodded and then drive off. “I don’t trust your driving skills”

“Seriously?” Kai said and rolled his eyes. He smirked and suddenly took an abrupt left turn, which earned a slight shriek from Chrystal. As they were on the right rode, he slowed down and matched the pace for Chrystal.

“Jerk!” Chrystal shouted as she punched his arm. Kai groaned in pain but a smile crept on his face. Unknowingly, Chrystal also smiled at his action. She never knew that Kai has this playfull side. Unknowingly, the got closer. 

-------------

“The food was delicious” Chrystal said and wrapped her arm on Kai’s arm. “Thank you” she thanked him and smiled. Kai slightly blushed at the sudden skinship and rubbed the back of his neck. She released her arm from his arm.

“Can’t you just do that for a while?” Kai said and Chrystal looked at him confusedly. “You know, uhm, wrap your arm in my arm?” he said and intertwined his arm with her tiny arm. Chrystal blushed with the sudden action but quickly gained her senses. But, she’s not complaining about the sudden skinship, instead, she is accepting the skinship they’re making, eventhough they’re not in relationship.

They walked side by side, looking just like those couples on dramas. As they walked, the people around them always turned their heads and showed a little interest on them. Girls would point their fingers on Kai, while, Boys would point their fingers on Chrystal.

With the boys starring at Chrystal, Kai somehow feels uneasy. He securely pulled her close to him to prevent the other guys do something to her. As they walked, they walked pass an adivetisement board. They walked passed it but then Chrystal quickly walked backwards.

The board it says, ‘Seoul International Dance Competition 2014’

“I really wanted to enter this” Chrystal said while looking the sign up and down. Noticing, every words written.

“You dance?” Kai asked her as he watched her reading every words on the board.

“I've been dancing since I was five, you?” Chrystal said as she turned her face to Kai

“I was the best dancer in my time” Kai said, earning a slight confusion from her.

She furrowed her eyebrows. “You dance?” Chrystal asked and he nodded.

“I told you, I was the best dancer in my time” Kai said and smiled.

“Was or YOU ARE still the best dancer?” Chrystal asked and Kai jus shrugged.

“Maybe I am still the best dancer or maybe I am not” Kai said.