Chapter 8

My Everything

Chrystal’s POV

I plopped my body on the queen-sized bed as I got into my room. I smiled at the thoughts of spending time with Jongin, I had never imagine that I would be so immersed into someone else’s life after the lost of my first love. I frowned at the thought of my first love. It is impossible for a girl to forget her first love, right?

I sighed and went to the living room. It was dead silence. This is a mansion, but for me it was more like a graveyard. The atmosphere was just too cold and a little bit scary, since this is a big mansion and only, approximately, six people live in this mansion.

My parents. They’ve gone to Paris, for a whole month, leaving me here alone with only maids and driver. “I want to go to Paris” I said to myself as I was thinking how fun it would be to visit Paris. 

----------

As the sun rises, I woke up and slowly approached the bathroom, I went inside and then took a quick shower. I put on my uniform, tied my hair into a ponytail and then went outside. Every one of my maids are busy cleaning every parts – corners of the mansion. As they saw me, they stopped what they were doing and quickly bowed to me. I bowed back and then went to have breakfast.

As I’m done, I put on my shoes and went outside. “Good morning” my driver greeted me and I smiled at him. I got into the car and he drive off to the school.

I thanked my driver and as I got off, he drive off.

I walked to the front gate, only to be greeted by that familiar face.

Kai.

He waved at me as he saw me, I waved back and walked faster. “Hi Kai”, I said as I was close enough to him.

“Call me Jongin” he said

“Why?” I asked

“I feel awkward for you to call me by my ‘public’ name” He said quoting the ‘public’

“Okay—“ Pausing for a while and looked at him, “Jongin”

He smiled at me and pulled me inside.

“So, am I the only one that allowed to call you Jongin?” I said as I opened my locker. Waiting for his answer, I pulled out the books I needed for today and then closed the locker. I leaned my back against the locker as I waited for his answer. “So, there’s another girl that had called you Jongin, before?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He panicked. “No—“ he quickly stand in front of me as if he’s going to explain something, “it’s not like that” I chuckled at his reaction.

“Nah, I was just joking—“ I patted his shoulder, “it’s not like we’re an item or something. You don’t need to explain anything, Jongin-ah” once again I patted his shoulder and slowly walked away.

“Soon we’re going to be” he suddenly blurted out of nowhere.

I turned my head to Kai, raising an eyebrow. “what did you said?”, I asked making sure if what I heard was correct.

“Nothing” he said and running away from me, smiling like an idiot. 

----------

A few classes pass by easily enough. Once lunch rolls around, I head down to the school’s cafeteria, although I’m not used to be eating in the cafeteria. After picking up delicious entrees and sweets, I find a seat on the corner of the cafeteria. Trying to ignore the judging stares, I walked with my head down to the table at the corner. I sat down and quietly enjoyed my lunch.

Just when I was about to took a sip of my drink, a screaming voice startled me. I almost chocked on my drink and turned my head. “Typical fangirls” I rolled my eyes at the scenary behind me. I turned back to my foods, hiding my face so Kai wouldn’t notice me. It’s not that I don’t like it when he’s around me, he’s nice but I just wanted to enjoy my lunch quietly.

With EXO just entered the cafeteria, and they already caused a big fuss. They’re not idols or something, so why all these girls are so obsessed by them? I mean, yeah, they’re all handsome and talented – from what I heard – especially Kai. From all of them, for me Kai is the nicest. It’s because I’ve never talked informally with the other boys except for Kai, so he seems the nicest to me. The other boys just seems so careless, that’s why they looked so scary.

“Hey” a soft voice suddenly said.

I turned my back and saw the three girls from the other days – Seohyun, Aerin, and Soyeon. I smiled at the appearance of them. “Hey” I greeted back.

“Can we sit here?” Aerin asked

“Of course” I said excitedly and scoot over to make some room, and Aerin took it while the other two sat down across from us.

“Can we ask you something?” Soyeon suddenly asked while I was eating my soup. I quickly nodded.

“Are you dating Kai? Because we always saw you together with him” I almost chocked on my soup.

“No, I am not dating Kai” I answered which gained a big sigh of relieve from the girls. “What? Do you think I’m really dating Kai?”

“Of course” Aerin said, “We always saw you together with him and he always smiles at you like you’re the best thing and by the way he is so protective over you at the day we first met, it’s just weird to see him like that”

“Did he ever like a girl before?” I asked out of curiousity

“I don’t think so—“ Soyeon answered, “but he was once known as the school’s casanova”

“What?”

"He dated a lot of girls. At first, he did showed interest in those girls but he always ended up breaking their hearts” Seohyun said. That kinda pisses me off.

“Before that accident in the showcase, he was a playboy” Aerin said, “but he suddenly just stopped looking at girls after that accident”

“But after you showed up, he suddenly changes” Soyeon said and took a sip of her drink before continuing, “I think you change him for some reason”

I take a deep breath, trying to control my anger. I really couldn’t stand when I heard there’s some casanova in a school, because I was once played by them. Thanks to these girls, I finally know that I can’t trusts Kai fully. My thoughts of him about being nice is shattered.

“Thank you”

“For what?” Soyeon asked confusedly

“For telling me who he really is

I never thought that Kai would be that kind of guy, well, he’s handsome and hot, I admit it and who wouldn’t fall for that charming guy, right? But the fact that he played with girl’s hearts is just too bothering me. I was once played by a casanova, that’s why I hated the fact that Kai was – or still a casanova.

“You don’t know?” Seohyun asked and I shook my head.

“You should be careful—“ Aerin warned me, “he seems nice now but he probably, just may be, will ended up breaking your heart”

“I know” I nodded

------------

Kai’s POV

I spotted her talking with those three girls who bothered her the other day . It seems like she’s fine with having them around and those girls are fine with her around. Not that I don’t like it that she have friends but it’s just weird seeing her to hang out around my ‘admirers’ or whatever you called them.

“Stop staring at her” a voice suddenly said. It was Sehun.

“I am not” I denied and then bring my attention back to the food.

Sehun let out a small chuckle and then scoffed. “You really can’t lie”

I gave him a stern look. “Whatever”

As we all enjoyed our foods quietly. Everyone was in their silence mode when it comes to food.

“Oh” Suho suddenly blurted out. We all looked at him. “For your information, the showcase is going to be held next month”

“And what makes you think we’re going to participate it?” Chanyeol said with a face that showed sadness. Obiviously he wanted to participate the showcase.

The others just nodded along. I sighed not knowing what should I say. I burried my face in my hands – thinking and thinking. Should I shoved away my fear and be brave to face the fear? In fact, I really do want to participate the showcase again. For three years, we’ve been hiding – not actually we, it’s me who have been hiding for the whole time. Now thinking of it, it’s really selfish of me. How could I just out of the sudden stopped dancing making the others also stopped because of me. We’re a group, pratically we’re best friends even brothers, we should’ve supported each other but all I did was crushing their dreams. I shouldn’t have done that because knowing that their dreams would be crushed along with mine’s.

I’ve made my mind.

I smiled, “We are going”

They all gave me a serious looks. “What?”

“I said, we are going to the showcase” I smiled tightly to the boys. At first they were confused by the sudden statement I made but then they showed me a smile of joy and happiness. I guess I did the right thing. Did I?

“Are you sure?” Suho grabbed my hand, making sure that I was at the right state of mind

“Yes, hyung” I said and then pushed away his hand from mine.

“Why made you changed your mind?” Baekhyun asked with a smile plastered on his face.

“Guilty” I said

“For what?” Kyungsoo asked as he shoved his bread to his mouth

“I don’t know” I shrugged, “I just feel guilty all of the sudden”

“Uhm but, what about your dad?” Sehun suddenly mentioned my dad.

“I don’t know where he is” I said showing zero interest on my dad. “What I know is that he’s gone overseas” The boys nodded.

“Wait a second” Chanyeol suddenly said, “Now that we want to participate the showcase and we’ve only got a month to prepare—“ his face showed a little bit nevousness, “we’re no longer in the dance club anymore, so we don’t have place to practice”

Suho finally got the main point of this preamble. “Where we should pratice?”

“Do you have any idea, Kai?” Sehun asked

I looked down, having a deep thinking with my own brain. I couldn’t think of any places that we could pratice in. Until, I turned my head around and saw her. “I’ve got a nice place” I said and smirked