Chapter 4

My Everything

“We need to talk” The voice seriously sounded. He sighed and nodded casually as he dropped himself on the soft couch. He looked up and saw the other five boys are looking at him – glaring. “You said you wanted to talk to me, spill” Kai said and motioning them to say that they wanted to say.

Suho sighed and the others rolled their eyes. “You’re changing” Kyungsoo managed to say in the tense atmosphere. Kai looked at him with that poker face of his, not saying a word to him. He nodded telling him to continue with his words. “for a girl” Chanyeol finished Kyungsoo’s words. Kai sighed and nodded.

“What’s wrong with changing for a girl?” Kai said as he looked up to them with an annoyed eyes. He’s definitely in love with that girl. The others sighed and burried their face in their hands. “You don’t even know who she is” Kyungsoo said and shook his head, with that he left. Kai looked at them slowly, one by one, leaving him. But, luckily, he managed to caught Sehun’s wrist.

“Tell me who she really is” Kai said while looking at Sehun. Kai only knows her name, besides that he doesn’t know a thing about her. Kai pleaded with his eyes, finally Sehun gave in. Sehun sat down beside Kai and told him everything he knows about the girl. “She’s the daughter of Choi Sooman” Sehun said and Kai widened his eyes.

With only the mention of his name - Choi Sooman - probably everyone will have the same reaction of Kai’s.

Choi Sooman, the owner of Empire Company The biggest and most successful company in Korea. Choi Sooman, you can say, is the richest people in Korea in this generation. Besides that, he also owned Empire Elite School and three shopping malls in South Korea.

Right below Choi Sooman, there’s Kim Jonghyuk. Kim Jonghyuk, the owner of Kim Company and Shinhwa Elite School. The second biggest and most successful company in Korea. Kim Jonghyuk is the second richest people in Korea after Choi Sooman. He is, after all, Kim Jongin’s father.

“Listen, your father and her father hate each other and if you’re going to date her, your father won’t allow that. I’m sure” Sehun explained. Now he knows why the boys are worried for him. He’s falling for the wrong girl, at least, they thought. But for him, he’s falling for the right girl. Kai sighed.

“I’m not going to allow him to destroy my dream again” Kai said and clenched his fist. “Even if your father allowed, what about hers?” Sehun said, shrinking Kai even more. “Choi Sooman is a big deal” he said pointing out the ‘big deal’.

Everyone knows that Choi Sooman is a big deal. He’s the richest person in Korea, who would think that he’s an easy deal, right?

“I know” Kai said and burried his face in his hands – frustrated. Sehun patted his back. "Good luck" with that Sehun left Kai alone in his deep thoughts

----------

She opened the white curtain – revealing the cloudy clouds outside. Slowly, she forced herself to the bathroom, washing herself up and then get dressed. She pulled out a hair tie and tied her hair into a ponytail. When she’s done, she approached the door and went outside. As usual, it was dead silence in the big mansion.

She sighed and went downstairs to have breakfast. Unexpectedly, she was expecting that her parents would be gone by now, but no. She saw her parents there, on the dining table, having breakfast.

She raised an eyebrow and then frowned. It is weird for her to see her parents at home, peacefully, having breakfast. They usually would talk about business, even at home, when they’re supposed to get rest. uhm good morning” Chrystal said and sat down beside her mother. For some reason, she felt awkward having breakfast with her parents. She’s used to having breakfast nor dinner alone, so now having her parents around is a different thing for her.

“Good morning” both her father and mother said. She looked at them and smiled, awkwardly. She ate a slice of bread and then drink a glass of milk. “I’m done” she said and bowed to her parents. As she stand up, her mother caught her wrist – sending weird feelings to her veins.

“Let your father take you to school” her mother said. Chrystal was taken by surprise. What on earth is happening?

“Uh no, i’ll just—“ before she can finish, her father aka Choi Sooman, grabbed her bag and went outside with the car key. “Get your bag, kiddo!” her father shouted, telling her to get her bag.

Meanwhile, Chrystal was overwhelmed. She doesn’t know what to do or what to say, it is the first time her parents have ever talked or acted like this in front of her. Especially, her father, playing tricks on her. It was new for her. Unknowingly, a smile crept on her face.

“You heard him” her mother said and then smacked Chrystal’s , motioning her to get her bag. “Oh? Oh yes” Chrystal chased her father who’s already inside the car while swinging her bag back and forth. She runned and again, a smile crept on her face. She have been waiting for this moment since forever, playing around with her parents.

“Thank you for the ride, dad” Chrystal said and went out from the car. Her father nodded and then drive away. Again, a smile crept on her face. That was one loveable memory.

With light steps, she entered the school. Passing each students who looked at her as if she’s a clown, but she couldn’t care less. She’s here to study not to make friends, that’s what she thought. She unlocked her locker and took out everything she needs for today.

As she closed her locker, three girls approached her. She flinched back as she saw them. They were glaring at her with their hands crossed on their chest, with chewing bubble gums. From the way they looks, their parents must be rich. But not as rich as Chrystal’s parents.

“We’ve been eyeing you from the day you got here” the first girl said. Well, that’s scary.

“Who are you? Whose daughter are you? Which company?” the second girl said

“Who’s your parents?” the third girl said.

“Are you a scholar?!” the first girl shouted which makes Chrystal flinched.

The other girls widened their eyes and mouth. Chrystal looked at them weirdly.

“Don’t tell me you got here because you’re smart” the second girl said while pointing at her head.

“What’s your name?” the third girl asked while eyeing her from head to toe.

“Choi Chrystal” Chrystal said. Her real name actually is Choi Soojung but she’s hiding it incase, it will smear her father’s name.

“Never heard of that name before” the first girl said and the others just nodded.

You know, Chrystal is now thinking that she’s somewhat in a drama. These three girls are the girls that is always bothering the female lead and the admirers of the male lead.

“Hey don’t bother her!” a voice shouted from behind. Making all the girls turned their heads to look at the voice’s owner. A ridiculous oh-my-gods and squeal came from the three girls as they recognize the voice owner.

Kai

“Are they bothering you?” Kai said as he wrapped his arm around Chrystal’s shoulders. The three girls in front gasped in horror and let out a big oh-my-gods and whats.

“Nope” Chrystal said and removed his arm from her shoulder. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go” she then walked pass the girls. Kai followed Chrystal and then gesturing an ‘I got my eyes on you’ on the girls, warning them to not bother Chrystal.

“You really shouldn’t do that” Chrystal said as Kai caught up to her. “What?” Kai asked confusedly.

“You think that everyone who’s talking to me is bothering me and then in the end, you’ll scare them off. It’s not good for me and for you” Chrystal said. “I’m not going to have many friends and you will be feared”

“I love to be feared. It’s an amazing feeling” Kai said proudly

She sighed. “You know, sometimes it’s better to be scared then be feared”

With that, Kai stopped. Why is her words are so affecting to me?...He thought

-----------

The bell rang and everyone went outside to have lunch. except for Chrystal who's looking outside the window, with thoughts going on in her head. "Can I ask you something?" a voice suddenly said which startled Chrystal. She looked beside her and saw Kai sitting beside her. 

"Sure" she said and looked at him while she rested her chin on her palm. Kai took a deep breath as if it was nervewrecking to ask something from her. "Are you really that nervous?" she chuckled.

"Are you Choi Sooman's daughter?" Kai managed to ask. Chrystal widened her eyes and immediately covered Kai's mouth. Chrystal looked around and saw no one so she released her hand from his mouth. 

"How do you know?" Chrystal said looking at him, her face turned cold. 

"My friends told me that you're his daughter" Kai said 

Chrystal sighed and rested her head on her table. No one was supposed to know that she is Choi Sooman's daughter. She's afraid that she might get used if everyone knows that she is Choi Sooman's daughter. "Who else know about this?" Chrystal asked Kai, who's looking at her - guilt in his eyes.

"Just me and my friends, I swear" Kai said and put his hands up as if he was really swearing. Chrystal smiled and felt a little relieved that only him and his friends know about this. 

"Please don't tell anyone about this" Chrystal pleaded with puppy eyes. "Or I will ignore you for the rest of my life" she said threatening Kai. He gasped and then pretended zipped his mouth. Chrystal chuckled.

At least, I got Kai as a friend..Chrystal thought. 

I'm going to do anything for her...Kai thought.