Chapter 6

My Everything

Soojung’s POV

Maybe I am still the best dancer or maybe I am not.

That statement,

I didn’t really get what he meant earlier by stating that, by the way he said it, it seems like he is – or was – the best dancer in his ‘time’. Just looking at his face, you can tell that he used to – or still – loves dancing, just as much as I love dancing.

For me, I have been dancing since I was five. My parents supported me since I got nothing to be proud of back then other than dancing. At that time, my parents enlisted me to one of the most popular dancing class in Seoul. They told me , at least, to have something I’m confident in and something that they can brag to the others because seeing the other billionare’s children, some of them even can play music instruments, while all I can do was reading. Since then, dancing had been a part of my life.

-----------

As the sun rises, I woke up. I ran my hand through my messy hair and forced myself to the bathroom. Carelessly, I showered myself with cold water. When I’m done, I immediately put on my uniform and headed outside.

Unexpectedly, it was dead silence. I was expecting to see my parents, again, at the dining table – peacefully having breakfast, but sadly, I can’t set my expectation to high. I sighed and prepared breakfast for myself. Quietly, I enjoyed my breakfast and when I’m done, I went outside only to be greeted by my personal driver. I smiled at him and let him take my bag.

On the way, I was thinking about finding some information about Kai. We’ve been hanging out but it’s not like, I know a lot about him. Truthfully, I know nothing about him. Only him know everything about me. It’s now time for me to know the Kim Jongin. 

I grabbed what I needed from my locker and locked it when I’m done. I looked around to found Kai but he was nowhere to be found. I bit my lips, still looking around, hoping he would show up but no. He’s not here.

I sighed and walked to my class. It’s not a good start for me. How am I supposed to find an information about him?

Just when I walked into the class, I spotted those three girls who were bombering me with questions. They glared at me as if they wanted to rip me apart, I just smiled at them and sat down beside one of the girls. The girl beside me looked at me weirdly.

“What are you doing?” the girl asked me while crossing her arms on her chest.

“What do you think I’m doing?” I asked back the girl and rasied an eyebrow. I chuckled at the girls and they still looking at me weirdly.

“Why are you laughing?” one of the girl said

“Can we all just be friendly and not being so tensed up?” I asked them and they looked at me surprised. They looked at each other, just like twins. “I have something to ask”

Once again, they looked at each other, as if they’re confirming something, after that they nodded at each other. “I’m Han Seohyun” one of the girl who turned out to be Han Seohyun introduced herself.

“I’m Kim Soyeon” the girl beside Seohyun said

“I’m Jung Aerin” the girl beside me said

“I’m Choi Chrystal but you guys can call me Soojung” I introduced myself. At last, I finally made friends.

“So what is it you wanted to ask?” Seohyun asked and rested her chin on her palm.

“About Jong—I mean Kai!” I said. As I said it, they all started to squeal as if there’s the real Kai in front of them. “I know you all know a lot about him”

“Of course we are!” Aerin said proudly, “So what is it about him?”

“Is he, actually, a good dancer?” I asked hesitatingly

“Good? Are you kidding me?” Soyeon said, she raised an eyebrow.

“He is probably the best dancer” Seohyun said. With that, I widened my eyes. What I thought was right, Kai, after all, is a good dancer.

“He is or he was?” I asked making sure that I heard correctly

“For us, he is still the best dancer we’d ever seen” Aerin said. I glanced at them confusedly.

“Why?”

“Because for these past few years, we haven’t see him dancing anymore. I think he had given up in dancing since that day” Soyeon said and frowned. Her face showed sadness and regrets.

“That day? What day?”

“Since the day his father showed up during his performance and drag him out forcefully” Seohyun said, “His father never agreed on his son dancing. He thought it’s just a waste of time”

“That day, the day where I think he has lost his passion on dancing” Aerin continued, “Kai never showed up for dancing classes nor showcases after that day”

The looks on their faces clearly showing disappointment and sadness, just by the way they told me the story, I could sense that they are truly upset about the thing happened to Kai.

With that, I wanted to make Kai dance again. I want to see him dance again. I want to make him erase the memory away and go back dancing, but I don’t know how. To be honest, just by hearing his story – eventhough it’s not from his own mouth – I can feel the pain because I know exactly how it feels to have something you really love being taken away from you. I don’t even know how he can deal with that, but now I know that he had been too strong for long enough.

I want him to dance again...I’ve made my mind to make him dance again. No matter how hard it is, I will convince him.

Deep inside, I know he still have that little sparks for dancing.

-----------

It’s finally recess time. I decided to look for Kai.

Looking left and right, he was nowhere to be found. I went to the parking lot and saw his car parked there. His car is here but where is the owner?

“Where is your owner, car?” Unknowingly, I spoked to a car. I sighed and finally gave up on finding the owner. I sat down on the bench nearby. I put on my earphones and closed my eyes for a while.

“Looking for me?” a voice said. I turned to my side, the person I was looking Kai was sitting beside me. He looked different and it’s not because he’s not wearing a uniform. I sized him up and realized that it was the hair colour He changed his hair colour. He used to have black hair but now he dyed his hair dark brown.

“I caught you talking to my baby” Kai pointed at the ferrari in front of us, “and shall we recall what you said?”

I looked at him, not caring if he’s now in his childish mode. Wondering, for how long he will be able to hide those painful memories

“W-why are you looking at me like that?” he shuttered, “Is there something on my face?”

“Can you dance?” I managed to asks. He was a little bit taken back with my sudden question. He was hestitating to answer the question, a frown appeared on his face. “Why?”

“I just wanted to know. You said you ‘was the best dancer in your time’” I said quoting what he said

“I haven’t danced for ages” Kai said and looked down, “I don’t know if it still there”

“What?”

“The passion” He said with sadness in his eyes, “I have a trauma of performing”

“Why?” I asked him with curiousity.

He was hesitating at first, but finally gave in and ready to tell his story.