Chapter 10

My Everything

Kai’s POV

During the class, I was still wandering about how I should prepare for the showcase in just a month, and how should I make this work and how should I do this without failing. I have millions of things going on in my head now. I’m also thinking about the suggestion by Soojung earlier. She said we should do a ‘werewolf’ concept and that it would suits us but how?

“How?” I mumbled to myself and burried my face in my palm

Just then, the bell rings. I throw my bag over my shoulder and walked out from the class. I fasten my pace on the hallway and found myself already standing in front of Soojung’s locker. I rested my head on the locker and sighed. I turned around and rested my back against the locker. I closed my eyes for a little while.

“What are you doing?” A soft voice said. I opened my eyes and saw the angel-like figure beside me, “Are you sick? You look pale”

“Me?” I said while pointing at myself.

“Look” she said and opened her locker. She pointed at the mirror inside her locker. I looked at the mirror and saw my reflection. Yes, I do looked pale.

“I’m not sick” I said

“You do look like you are” she said while putting her books inside her locker. “Or are you stressed out?”

“It looks like I am” I said and rested my back against the locker beside her locker, “I’ve been thinking about the showcase, all the time”

“You are stressed out because of that?” she asked and closed her locker, “Aren’t you like the best peformer ever?”

“It was a long time ago” I said, “And I told you, right? I have a trauma of performing after that incident”

“I know you can do it” she said and smiled, “So today after school?”

“What?”

“Didn’t you said you will start praticing today?” she said.

“Oh, right” I brushed the back of my neck, “We will wait you at the school lobby, okay?”

She nodded and then the bell rings.

We parted ways and went to our classes. I couldn’t wait this class to over, though. I’m excited to practice again with my buds and also the fact that Soojung will be there while we are practicing, also make me more excited.

During the class, Sehun just kept on telling me how excited he is to start dancing again. Suho said the news about us participating the showcase again had spread and somehow it makes me nervous. I heard the girls beside my seat giggling at themselves and I turned my head towards them. They looked at me in surprise and quickly looked away. I scoffed. Typical fangirl.

As time passes by, the bell finally rings for three times. I screamed in joy inside and quickly tossed my bag over my shoulder. “Let’s go” I said to the boys and they nodded at me. I walked outside with the boys following behind. We went to the school lobby, only to be greeted by the crowd of girls. I looked around to find Soojung, but it is impossible to find her in this ocean of girls. She did stood out for me but there’s a lof of girls with wavy hair, I can’t different them.

“Oppa! Do you really going to perform in the showcase again?” one of the girls said and suddenly come out from her group and wrapped her arms around my arm. I instantly shoved my hand away from her.

“Don’t touch me” I said to her and send her the coldest stare ever. She looked at me in horror and surprise, and her eyes starting to get teary. She then covered her face and run away from the crowded lobby.

I kinda felt bad. But whatever.

“Can you be more friendlier with your fans?” A voice said behind me. I turned around and saw the girl I was looking for.

“There you are” I instantly pulled her and the boys followed from behind. I could hear some girls are gasping in shock after they saw me with Soojung. As we reached the parking lot, I took out the keys from my pockets and unlocked the car.

“You guys brought your cars, right?” I asked and they all nodded, “Just follow me, okay?”

“Okay” Suho said and gave me an ‘okay’ sign

“Get in” I told Soojung and she immediately shoved herself into the passanger seat.

-----

“Wow, this is great” Chanyeol said as we entered Soojung’s dance studio. They looked around the studio for a while, looking every corner. Baekhyun spotted the big stereo and let out a big ‘wow’ from his mouth. Sehun was just admiring his ‘so-called-beautiful-self’ on the mirror. Chanyeol was taking selcas. Suho and Kyungsoo was talking about something. Meanwhile, me and Soojung just stared at them blankly.

“What should we do now?” I asked her. She looked at me in disbelief.

“How come you didn’t know?” she said.

“I don’t really know where should we start” I brushed my face with my palm, “We used to have choreographer so our stage is usually already planned beforehand, but now I should do it myself, it’s kinda burdensome”

“I see” she nodded, “let me help you then”

“How?” Baekhyun suddenly spoke up, he was already in front of us.

“I can help you with the songs or costumes or whatever, but not the dance moves” she said

“I know that” I said and chuckled

“So Jongin told us that you want us to do a ‘werewolf’ concept?” Suho asked while looking at Soojung

“Yes” she nodded, “I thought that would be nice”

“Do you have any songs recommendation?” Kyungsoo asked

“There’s a song called ‘Beauty and The Beast’, I listen to it often and I think it would be perfect for you guys” she explained. She is definitely a big help.

“Can we hear it?” Sehun asked.

Soojung nodded and headed to the music player, she searched for the song and then pushed the play button. The song started, we all listen to it. It is a dance songs and while listening to it I got some ideas on the choreography, the others I think also enjoyed the song.

As the song ended, “how was it?” Soojung asked, anticipation in her eyes.

“It was—“ Baekhyun paused for a while, earning a little frown from Soojung, and then he continued, “GREAT!”

I could see the joy in her face. “Don’t do that! Oh my gosh, you’re going to give me a heart attack” and playfully smacked his arm

Is it me or my heart feels bitter?

“I think I’ve got some good choreography” I said and walked towards the center of the studio, “can you play the song again, please?” I put on my snapback.

Soojung nodded and quickly played the song again. As the song started, “First on this beat, we’re going to be a tree” I said said and then streched my arms like a branch, “and then one by one we will come out”

------

“How was it?” I said while trying to catch my breath after done practicing for the dance moves.

“Is it me or you all just started praticing, exactly four hours ago, and now you all already remembered all the moves, how is that possible?” Soojung asked in disbelief, she has and eyes wide opened. “It took me two days guys! TWO DAYS! You guys just took four hours!”

I chuckled at her priceless expression and reaction. It was too cute. Too cute.

“Don’t do that face. I might get a heart attack” I said and placed my hand on my heart playfully. The others pretended to vomit at my cheesy comment.

“Anyway, are you guys hungry?” Soojung asked and suddenly the boys lit up joy in their eyes.

“YES!” they all shouted at once.

“It’s my treat!” Soojung said and pulled out her wallet.

All of them cheered in joy. She pulled out her phone and ordered jjajangmyeon, ddeokbukki, mandu, kimbab, and more. Thirty minutes later, the foods came. Soojung stands up and was about to pulled out her wallet when I handed the money to the delivery guy first. “Hey! It’s my treat!”

“Shouldn’t the boyfriend always pay for the girlfriend?” I joked and winked at her

“I am not your girlfriend” she said with a stunned face

"Soon you will be” I said, looking at her giving her a meaningful looks

“In your dreams” she said and brings the foods to the hungry boys.

-------

The sun rises, as I did. I run my hand through my messy hair and slowly bring my senses to life. I reached over the clock on my nightstand and saw it is still 6.00 am in the morning. I pushed away the blankets. I went to the bathroom for a shower and when I’m done, I pulled out the uniform and wore it. I took out one of my jackets and wore it on top of the uniform.

I looked over the nightstand as I saw my phone buzzed. I reached over the phone and pressed the button. I looked at the caller ID

Lee Hyunjoo.

I widened my eyes at the name. I scoffed. The last name I wanted to see in this planet.

I smashed the red button and throw my phone into my bag. I went outside only to be greeted by the chilly air in the mansion. I shivered a little but luckily I brought my jacket.

I started the car engine and quickly drove away from the mansion to the school. During the ride, I hummed to the song we’ll be performing on the showcase and doing some moves that is already decided. I felt myself slowly, but surely, falling in love with dancing. Not that I’ve ever left out dancing, it is a part of my life, but for three years, I’m completely outcasted dancing from my life.

When I arrived at school, my body still felt like dancing. I couldn’t stop humming to the song and dancing to the song. I looked around and saw people are staring at me as if I’m crazy, I stare down at them and they looked away awkwardly. I took a deep breath and smiled like an idiot at myself.

I walked down the hallway and saw Soojung in front of her locker. I smiled and run over her. I leaned against the other locker. “Good morning” I smiled and she looked at me, weirdly and it was replaced by the smile I wanted to see.

“Good morning to you too” she said and closed her locker, “So I suppose that you are happy today? Not stressed out like yesterday?” she raised an eyebrow

I chuckled and turned my gaze at her. “Yes, I am”

“Good then” she said after giving me a meaningful look, “Anyway, I have something to tell you”

“Are you going to confess?” I , she gave me a look

“No, silly!” she said and then hit my arm playfully, and went quiet for a moment, “I think I might join the dance club”

I sized her up for a moment. “You?” I said.

She nodded her head and smiled at me. “I’m still thinking, though” she said, “You should re-join too!” she gave me a smile.

I gave her a smile. “I don’t know”

“What—“ I was cutted off by a voice calling for my name. I turned my head to the side and saw a girl running towards me.

“Who is that?” Soojung said and furrowed her eyebrows while looking at the girl who is running towards me.

“Jongin!” the girl shouted again. I widened my eyes at the scene I was seeing now.

“I thought I’m the only one that knows your real name?” Soojung said and raised an eyebrow at me. Is it me or she looked a little jealous?

The girl was soon close enough to me, and I immediately recognize the face. The last person I wanted to see on this planet, is now standing right before me. I couldn’t even think straight now.

“I missed you!” the girl pushed away Soojung and wrapped her arms around my neck. I was too suprised to react, but after a while, I pushed her away.

“You didn’t miss me?” she gave me that face, the face that everytime I see it, I want to punch the hell out of her, but I can’t since she is a girl.

“What do you think?” I said coldly and crossed my arms on my chest

“Do you know how much I missed you?” she gave me a frown, “I’ve been dying to meet you and I’ve been calling you, but you never pick up. I’ve visited your house but were never around. Do you know how much I’m going through without you?”

So cheesy. “So?” I gave her the coldest stare ever.

“Can you, at least, be more friendlier at me?” she said, desperately wanting my affection, “I know you have someone you love but at least be kind to me?”

“You do?” Soojung suddenly asked and I turned my gaze at her. She gave me a serious look.

“I do” I said and smiled at her, “She’s now standing beside me”

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked over to my other side and saw no one, she looked at me and then realized that I’m talking about her. She pointed at herself while looking at me, as if she’s asked ‘me?’

I nodded at her and gave her a smile, “Yes, it’s you” I looked at the girl in front of me, Lee Hyunjoo, who is now covering with her hands. She’s about to cry.

“Who is this girl?” Hyunjoo asked and pointed at Soojung

“My crush” I said and smiled.

“Don’t tell me—“ she paused for a while, “she’s your first love?”

I looked at Soojung and gave her a smile, while she gave me a slight frown. “Yes, she is”


P.S Soojung and Chrystal is the same person :)