Chapter 9

My Everything

Kai’s POV

“I’ve got a nice place” I simply gave them an answer.

“Where?” Baekhyun asked

Without saying anything, I pointed at Soojung who’s sitting far away in the corner. Not knowing what I meant, they all gave me a confused but serious looks. “She got a nice place for us to practice” I said

“Her?” Chanyeol said pointing at her

“Yup” I nodded, “and for your information, she dance”

“What?” Sehun suddenly blurted out

“How do you know?” Kyungsoo asked

“I’ve seen her dance before” I answered, “She took me to her dance studio”

“She owns a dance studio?!” Sehun shouted.

Suho immediately covered his mouth preventing him to shout anything else. I turned around and saw everyone was staring at us as if we’re crazy. I gave them the ‘glare’ and they all stopped staring.

“She owns a dance studio, it’s not that big but not that small. It’s the perfect place for us to practice” I said, “It’s just that, I don’t know if she will allow us”

“You ask her” Baekhyun said and the others nodded along.

“I will” 

----------

As the class went by, finally the bell ringed for three times, signaling us to come home. I throw my bag over my shoulder and headed out of the class to find Chrystal.

I went to her locker but she’s not there. Right when I was about to turn around, I spotted those three girls who were talking with Chrystal earlier. I walked over them. I cleared my throat to caught their attention.

They turned their heads, at the same time, at me, showing a shocked expression. They blinked a few times and then one of them pinched herself. “A-are you talking to u-us?” one of them said, without blinking staring at me

“Yes” I said and then rubbed the back of my head, “Do you know where is Chrystal?”

“I think she went to the park” the brown-haired girl said

“Thank you” I thanked them before I run towards the park outside.

Chrystal’s POV

I feel my phone vibrate. I fumble to open the pockets of purse and pull out my phone. I glance the caller ID and widened my eyes.

Dad.

Should I answer him? Why did he call me, anyway? He never calls me, unless it’s necessary. It’s never been his way to initiate conversation. I’m not picking up his call. I smashed the red button with my thumb and throw my phone into my purse.

Once again, I feel my phone vibrate, this time, I got a message. I pulled out my phone and read the message.

Come home now. –Dad

I throw my phone into my purse again. With a sigh, I stand up, and about to walked away when I felt someone touched my shoulder. My body freeze in the air, and my heart hammers in anticipation. I shoved away the hand and turned around to face the hand’s owner.

It’s Kai.

“Hey” he greeted me and gave me a smile.

“I need to go” I grabbed my bag and throw it over my shoulders, only to be stopped by Kai.

“I want to ask you something” he looked at me while his hand on my shoulder, preventing me from walking away. I looked at him for awhile, before sitting down on the bench again. He smiled and followed my action.

“Spill” I said, crossing my arms

“You know the showcase, right?” he said. There is a tremor in his voice. I nodded, telling him to continue. “Me – no – we decided to take part in it” “We?” “Yes, me and the boys” he said

“So, what is that have to do with me?” I asked him

He smiles. “Since we are no longer in the dance club, we have no place to practice and the showcase is a month away” he says, “we need place to practice” I nodded at him.

“So?”

“I need your studio” he says, “can you lend it to us?”, he asked softly

He said it sofly, also sincerely like he really needed it. I don’t know what to answer. Should I lend it to them? I’ve never trusts someone enough to show them my ‘little heaven’, though. But Kai, I’ve shown him, not that I trusts him, but I feel like he needed some motivation.

“If you don’t want to, it’s okay” he trails off. He bites his bottom lips, glossing over his words. “I can find another place”

“No—“ I said and looked at him, “When will you starts praticing?”

He smiles. “Tomorrow, maybe?”

“Great” I said and smiled at him.

I feel my phone vibrate. I got another message from my dad. I pulled out my phone from my purse and read it.

Where are you? Come home now. –Dad

With a sigh, I stands up. “I need to go”

“Need a ride?” He says and stands up.

I smiled. “Yes” 

“Thank you” I said and unbuckled the seatbelts. I was about to get out when Kai pulled my hand. I looked at him, confused.

“Thank you” He said and sweetly smiled at me. He then released his grip at me, sending me the warmest gaze ever. I smiled at him and get out from his car. As I reached the front gate, I turned around and saw his car still hasn’t move an inch. I gestured him to go  but still he hasn’t moved an inch. “Go!” I shouted.

He rolled down the window. “You go first”

“I’m already at my destination” I said loud enough for him to hear me

“Okay, okay” he says and rolled up the window. With a honk, he drove away from my house.

I smiled and entered my house, only to be greeted by my furious father. He was here for the whole time? I bites my bottom lips, knowing what will comes next. Scolds.

“Where were you?” he says, crossing his arms. “and who’s that guy with you?”

I’m bad at making fake excuses, and even if I make one right now, eventually, my dad will notice that I’m lying. He’s my father, after all.

“I got detention” I mentally slapped my face. That was one bad lie.

“You can’t lie” he says and chuckled at my innocent-self

“Okay, okay” I says, giving up on lying at him. “I was wandering around in school and that guy just gave me a ride, that’s it”

“Okay” he said. What? Where’s the scolding? I looked at him, weirdly. “See how easy it is if you would just tell me the truth?” he said.

“You’re not going to scold me?”

“Why should I?” he smiles, “You’re being honest with me, right?”

“Y-yeah” I nodded

“Good” he says and then wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Now, let’s go inside”

---------

I wake up with a start. From my bed, I look out my window and realize that the sky is tinted in an overcast color of grays and blues. With a sigh, I sits up, rub my eyes, and are about to stands up when I heard my phone vibrate, on the nightstand. I grabbed my phone and glance at the caller ID.

Unknown

I decided to not answer the call, since it’s an unknown number. I walked to the bathroom and take a quick shower. As i’m done, I pulled out my uniform and wore it. Once again, my phone vibrated. I looked at the caller ID, it’s the same unknown number. I sighed and answer the call.

“When are you planning to come down?” I was greeted by this familiar voice as I pressed the green button.

“Who are you?”

“It’s Kai” I looked at my phone and the caller ID says ‘unknown’

“Why is your number unknown?”

“Because you never asked for it”

“Oh”

“Anyway—“ he says, “When are you planning to come down, princess?”

“Why?”

“It’s gonna rain soon. I’m already at in front of your house” he said

“What?!” I said. I walked towards the window and opened it. I looked at the front gate and saw Kai’s car parked right in front of the gate.“Don’t come out. I’m coming down now” I said and hung up immediately.

I shoved my phone into my bag and then run downstairs. I went to the dining room, fortunately, my parents are already gone. I put on my shoes, took an umbrella and went outside. “I’m going with my friend today” I said to my driver before he was about to greet me.

I run to the front gate and opened it. I immediately opened the passanger door of Kai’s car and climbed inside. “Wow, catch your breath” Kai says as I closed the door. “Why are you running?” he asked and buckled the seatbelt for me

“I don’t know” I said, still trying to balance my breathing. “Can we go now?”

“Okay, okay” he says. He pressed the gas pedal, softly and the car run slowly. I looked out the window, it’s gonna rain soon, luckily I brought an umbrella with me.

“So, about the showcase” he suddenly spoke out I looked at him, not saying a word. “Do you have any ideas on how we should perform?” he says, I gave him a frown. “I couldn’t come up with something” I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking deeply. What concept would matched these boys? I flicked my fingers as I got a brilliant idea.

“How about werewolves?”


Thank you for reading and subscribing~ This is my first fanfic, so forgive me if there's a mistake :)

Feel free to give me feedbacks~! xoxo