Chapter 17

My Everything

“Everytime we talk, I fall a little harder.”

~*~

Jongin’s POV

I walked my way towards the homeroom as I was done eating with the boys. At lunch, I was expecting of seeing Soojung around but she was nowhere to be found. Probably she’s still in the class—sleeping or probably drowned in her thoughts. As I was just a couple inch away from the class, I saw a very unwanted scene happening right before my eyes. I walked my way towards the scene with my fist clenched. I cleared my throat as I approached these two unlikely friends. They both looked at me and one of them gasped in surprise, as she widened her eyes. “Am I interrupting something?” I said as I raised an eyebrow.

“J-Jong..I mean.. K-Kai!” Soojung shuttered as she smiled, sheepishly.

“Kim Jongin?” The person—to be more exact, the boy beside her said. He looked at me with a very stunned expression as he scanned me from top to bottom. This dude knows me?

“Who are you?” I asked, confusedly. I took a quick glance at Soojung who seems confused at the scene she is witnessing now.

“I’m Lee Daehyun” The boy, which turns out to be Lee Daehyun, said. But still, I can’t seem to remember I’ve ever meet somebody like him.

“Do you know me?” I asked.

“I’m Lee Hyunjoo’s cousin. Lee Daehyun.” That Daehyun boy said. Now everything make senses. I can remember who he is now. He is Lee Hyunjoo—the girl who is obsessed with me—cousin. He was the one who introduced Hyunjoo to me, making her fell for me at the same time. We attended the same kindergarten and there we became friends but after he introduced me to Hyunjoo, I lost my interest on hanging out with him as Hyunjoo kept on bothering me.

“That girl.” I scoffed.

“Let’s talk somewhere, shall we?” Soojung finally speak a word. I glanced at her.

“I’m done talking.” I said as I took her wrist. “And you’re done talking too.” I looked at her intensely as she couldn’t stop blinking her eyes at me as she was confused at my sudden action. “Now, if you’ll excuse us.”

“Who are you to take her away?” Daehyun said as he held the other hand of Soojung, preventing her from leaving. With that contact, I was completely pissed off as I released Soojung’s hand from mine and grabbed Daehyun’s shirt collar. He was taken back by my suddent outbrust. Meanwhile, Soojung gasped at the scene before her.

“Don’t touch her. Don’t even think of landing a single touch on her.” I said as I released his shirt. I grabbed Soojung’s wrist again, this time I held it tighter. As I walked pass him, I turned back at him, only to answer the question I haven’t answered. “She’s mine. That’s why I can take her away.” With that a smirk crept on my face. I dragged her away to a deserted hallway.

“What was that?!” Soojung said as we were meters away from the class. “What the hell was wrong with you?! and why did you said that I was yours?!”

“He pissed me off” I said tonelessly as I leaned my back against a locker. Soojung is looking at me furiously as if I have done something terrible. It’s not wrong for a boy to protect his girl, right?

“Well, he pisses you off and you have to grab his shirt like that?” She said with her adorable hand gestures. I chuckled at her adorable scolds. Don’t get me wrong, I’m being serious now but seeing her like this making me lost control of my smile. “Are you laughing at me right now, Kim Kai?”

With that I couldn’t hold it any longer as I moved forwards and cupped her cheeks with my big hands. Her face compared to my hands were the same. Her face was so tiny that it can fit perfectly in my big hands. I took a glance at her eyes, that’s when I realize that her eyes weren’t black, like most Koreans would have. Her eyes were brown, to be exact hazel. The most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Her nose was in the perfect size and shape. And last but not least, her beautiful curved lips—that everytime I looked at it, I have to try my best to stop myself from attacking it with kisses.

“What are you doing?” Soojung said, sheepishly with her face still in my hands. I smiled at how cute she looked now. And also that’s when I notice her cheeks were as red as her lips.

“You’re blushing” I said, still hasn’t released her face from my hands.

“I’m not!” she shoved my hands away from her face as she held her redden face with her hands. According to me, her hands are as small as her face.

“Can you do gwiyomi for me?” I suddenly asked, changing the subject. Her jaw dropped as soon as she heard me.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” she asked out of frustration, “first you attacked Daehyun, and then you attacked me with your big hands and now you want me to do gwiyomi?” she put her hands on her waist—her tiny waist. Looking frustrated than ever. Like a frustrated girlfriend to her boyfriend.  “And what in the world is gwiyomi?”

“You don’t know gwiyomi?” I asked, in disbelief.

“No. Am I supposed to know it?” she said, raising an eyebrow.

“You don’t know this?” I asked. With that, I started to do the gwiyomi song.

While I was doing it, Soojung’s expression was priceless. She was speechless at how I’m acting now, for sure. This is the first time ever I’ve showed something cute in front of someone and the first person that saw it is her. As I’m done, I couldn’t hide my embarassmentt as I hide my face in my hands. After a few seconds, I heard Soojung chuckling a little, that’s when I thought she liked it but that thought disappeared when suddenly I heard her laughing hard. I looked at her, she was holding her stomach as she laughed harder. It kinda iritates me but I was glad that I can make her laugh like this. It was the first time I’ve ever see her laugh happily like this. If I knew this would happened, I would’ve do this everytime, just to see her smiling and laughing freely like this. Unknowingly, a smile—the most sincere one—appeared on my face.

“Is it really that funny?” I asked her, glancing at her who is now dying from laughing. Her face turned as red as a tomato because she laughed so hard. “You should see your face”

With that, she stopped laughing and looked at me with a widened eyes. Embarrassed, she quickly covered her face with her long hair. “Stop staring at me” she said as she take a peek by uncovered one of her eyes.

“I can’t.” I said, smiling cheekily. “You’re too irresistible.”

“Whatever” she said, walking away from me. I chuckled at her and followed her silently, watching her as she walked in a slow pace. Even her back view is gorgeous, I thought.

-

As I reached the parking lot, I take out my phone from my pants’ pockets. I went through the contact list until I found the person I wanted to call. Happily, I pushed the call button and placed my phone on my ear. After a few rings, she picked up.

“Hello?” a soft voice ringed through my phone, which send me a wave of butterflies in my stomach. “Why are you calling?”

“I think I need more practice for the showcase” I said.

“I thought you only practice once?” she said. I swear, she’s now raising her eyebrow at me.

“I know. But it’s different now. The whole thing. I think we still need another practice. Can you lend me your place?” I asked—more like pleading.

She was silent for a few seconds until she chuckled, “Of course! Tomorrow you will practice again?”

“Actually, now we’re waiting for you at the parking lot” I said, smiling. “Come out now”

“What?!”

And with that she hung up. After a few moments, she come out through the front door. From what I see, she must be running so hard that she have to catch her breath as she reached outside the school. “Soojung!” I called her out and gestured her to come. She looked at me, gave me a simple nod and then she walked towards me.

“You—“ she heaved a sigh. “You’re a bad guy. bad boy. You’re bad.”

“Why?”  I looked at her with grin plastered on my face.

“You make me run” She pointed at me. “When running is the last thing I want to do in my life.”

“I did?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes!” she said, glancing at me.

“Let me recall our conversation three minutes ago---“ I said, putting my index finger on my chin as if I was thinking of something. “I never asked you to run, did I?”

She gasped. “N-no” she shuttered as she glanced away from me. “But still, you called me and then you told me this and that and then I just run. I don’t even know why.”

“That must mean something.” I shrugged

She scoffed. “Let’s just—“ she dragged me to my car, opened the driver’s seat and shoved me inside. She walked towards the passanger’s seat and shoved herself inside. “Drive”

I chuckled. “Okay, you bossy”

“Look who’s talking, now?” she said with sarcasm.


A short update~ :( 

Keep reading! 

Luv y'all~ <3