Chapter 25

My Everything

“There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept; things we don’t want to know but have to learn; and people we can’t live without but have to let go.”

Jongin’s POV

I always loved Sundays. It’s the most serene and peaceful of all days for me. When my mom was healthy and my sisters was still here, and when my dad was not so caught up in his works, we used to have this family gathering at our private villa in the country side to spend some quality time together. No phones. No works. No other things aside from me, mom, dad, and my sisters. It’s pretty fun and entertaining but whenever I’m reminiscing, I can’t help but to feel like everything’s falling apart.

I guess it’s true when a person is gone, the things that keep us from letting go are the memories that were left behind. Time heals but the scars remained there. I wanted the old times back so bad. But I guess I need to let go. The past is the past.

Now I need to focus on what makes me happy. 

This Sunday seems so blue. I am all alone in this big mansion, with just the maids. I don’t even want to walk around the house, there’s too many memories. My feet won’t move an inch.

All of the sudden, my phone ringed. I immediately thought of Soojung. My lips formed into a smile as I thought about her. She is definitely my happiness source. I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen but it wasn’t Soojung who’s calling. I frowned as soon as I know who it is. Lee Hyunjoo.  She just makes this Sunday more blue.

“What?” I said as I answered the phone call.

“Jongin-ah!” Hyunjoo screamed through the phone, making me flinch. She never sounded this scared before. “Please help me!”

I widened my eyes. “What? What’s wrong?” I don’t like her, I really don’t but she was my best friend. I have heart too.

“I-I think I b-broke my leg,” She answered and then started crying. “Help me please”

“Where are you?” I quickly grabbed my car key and started towards the garage.

“The park near my house. Please hurry.” She said and then I hung up.

I went inside my car and started the engine and drive towards the park she mentioned. The park used to be my favorite place but I never went there anymore when Hyunjoo said she liked me, afraid that I might accidentally met her. But now I’m going there to help her. How stupid.

As I arrived at the park, it looked empty. Could it be that she is just messing with me? To get a revenge? If so, this girl is so dead. I went out from the car and looked for her. I ran towards the park.

“Jongin!” A familiar irritating voice screamed. I turned my head and saw Hyunjoo sitting on the street while holding her ‘injured’ leg. I immediately ran towards her.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I went beside her and touched her leg. “Is this hurt?”

She doesn’t react. What the heck?

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Don’t tell me all of this was just a joke?” I clenched my jaw as I look at her, who is now smirking.

“Not a joke. Just a test.” Hyunjoo said as she stands of her feet. What the ? This girl is seriously a dead meat. I can’t believe I actually fall for this girl’s ty acting. What I want to do right now is to punch her but she is a girl so I have to hold my intentions.

“I’m leaving.” I said as I turned around to leave but as I was about to walk, Hyunjoo hugged my from behind.

“Don’t leave me. I love you.” She said. How many times I’ve actually heard this?

I throwed her hands away and faced her. “I have a girlfriend.” Ouch that would hurt her feelings so bad.

“I know but that doesn’t change anything.”

“Yes, it does. You should change your heart.”

“I tried but I can’t.”

“Try harder.”

“I can’t”

“You can”

“Can’t”

“Can”

“Stop!” Hyunjoo screamed, I flinched. “You’re so mean, Kim Jongin. How could you do this?! I’ve loved you for 5 ing years and all you have for me is that cold stare and hateful words! I can’t get over you, I can’t. I tried so much but I can’t. How can I make you understand?!”

“How can I make you realize that there’s still a lot of guys out there who will actually love you and take care of you better than me, huh?” I said gazing at her. Do I actually feel bad for her? Yes, I do. How can I not?

“Honestly, you’re pretty and smart. You just don’t realize that. I realize that eventhough I don’t like you.”

“You hate me, don’t you?” Hyunjoo asked.

I sighed. “No, I don’t. I don’t hate you. I just don’t like you.”

“How is that different?”

“If I hate you, I wouldn’t even came here in the first place. I still get worried about you, didn’t  I? That means I don’t hate you.” I told her, that was sincere. I swear.

She sighed. “C-can you help me move on?”

Finally!

“Yes, how can I help you?” I asked, grinning ear to ear.

“Make me frustrated.”

“What?” I raised an eyebrow

“If I’m frustrated, probably I can start staying away from you.”

Okay, a hug always worked whenever I want to make a girl frustrated. So I guess I should just hug her, right? Without hesitation, I pulled her into a hug and she gasped, and should I say that she is frustrated? Jackpot!

I pulled away and see her face is turning as red as a tomato. But then suddenly, my phone ringed. It was Soojung. I smiled as I saw her name.

“Hey babe!” I said as I answered the call

“Don’t babe me” She said through the phone. Strangely, I felt like she just gave me a slap in the face.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked anxiously

“Turn around and you’ll know” with that she hung up. Now I’m the one who’s frustrated. I anxiously turned around and you probably know what to expect.

She was there.

“” I cursed under my breath.


Updated! Enjoy! :)