Chapter 23

My Everything

“You’ve got that smile that only Heaven can make.”

Jongin’s POV

“Sir, whether you believe it or not, I could, I will make your daughter happy. She is the one.” I said sincerely while looking into Mr. Choi’s eyes. Clearly he wasn’t pleased that I had to be his daughter’s boyfriend because he will always be my father’s frenemy.

“I believe you, son. I really do,” said Mr. Choi, “It’s just your father is the one I am worried about.”

“You have nothing to worry about, sir. I will take care of my father.” I said. I extremely understand what he was talking about. My father will do anything to get rid of anyone who is in the way of me being the ‘next CEO’ of his company. Eventhough it is my girlfriend or best friends, he will simply get rid of them so that they wouldn’t bother my life. And it is something that I don’t and I won’t let happen again.

He sighed. “I wished you good luck, then” He said as he tapped my shoulder and then turned around, before he could took another he stopped and turn his head to me. “Take care of my daughter.” He said gesturing the ‘I am watching you’ with his fingers.

“I will.” I said. As he entered his office, I sighed in relieve. That was nervewrecking.

I walked into the kitchen where Soojung and her mom was in. Soojung was sitting on the stool, swinging her feets while Mrs. Choi was sitting on the dining chair. They turned their heads as they saw me walked in and I could see a little bit of relieve in Soojung’s eyes. She run to me and hugged me as if I just came back from a war. I did tho.

“Glad you made it.” She teased as she pulled back from the hug. I chuckled.

“Glad you are here.” I said as I pinched her nose making her flinched back. That phrase came out of no where. “That was so cheeky, I swear” I pointed it out and we both laughed.

“You lovebirds.” Soojung’s mom said as she walked past by us with a drink in her hand. But then she stopped her tracks and turned her head towards us, or more like, me. “You take care of my girl.” And with that she disappeared to her office.

“You got a really great parents, right there.” I stated. My parents were never like Soojung’s. They were more like someone who was just taking care of me. Not once I’d ever felt their affection on me or even my sisters. They raised me to be that cold-hearted boy who don’t give a damn about anything but myself. I was that cold-hearted boy but now, I am changing. Because of her.

“I know. They are.” She said and smiled. That smile that I will never get enough of.

“You know, you’ve got that smile that only heaven can make.” I said.

“Continue.” She demanded as she crossed her arms on her chest.

“You also have—“ I said eyeing her up and down, “That perfect face. And body” with that she raised an eyebrow. “Don’t blame me. You told me to go on.” I shrugged. “Don’t forget that laugh, though.”

“And you just officially started to make me sick.” She said jokingly and then chuckled.

----

Soojung’s POV

I put on my uniforms as I finished blow-drying my hair. Today would be a chaos. Everyone in the school must have known that I’m now dating Jongin, who they know as Kai. Those girls probably will send me those scary glares as if they want to tear me apart. I will get lots of hate from now on from his obsessed fangirls. I just sighed.

I got to school and pulled into the parking spot, right next to Jongin’s car. If you didn’t know, I have a car, my dad gave me as a gift on my birthday last year. It’s that kind of ‘I’m sorry for not being there’ gift. It’s a white BMW M4 or whatever it is called. They told me that it is one of the lastest model but I don’t really give a damn about the brand or price, I just need a car basically. This is actually the first time I drived to school with my car, I used to use my family’s private driver.

I got out from my car and started to walk into the school. As I was expecting, everyone was talking about me and girls were sending their death glares to me but they didn’t do anything to me since they knew what my boyfriend is capable of, and that relaxed me a bit. I walked to my locker and grabbed my books. And then Aerin comes down the hall walking towards me. She has a sad look on her face. I assume she already knows about me dating Kai. Well, who am I kidding? The WHOLE SCHOOL knows!

“I know what you are going to say,” I said as I closed my locker and faced her. “I don’t need hear it now.” I snapped. Well, that was kinda harsh. “I’m sorry, I’m just—“

“No. It’s okay. I’m happy for you. But obiviously the others aren’t.” I didn’t see that coming but I’m glad that she is okay with me dating Kai. Aerin was a huge fan of Kai, she adores him. “I don’t like him anymore, anyway. You can have him. Oh, you already have.” She teased me as she cracked a smile.

“What do you mean you don’t like him anymore?” I asked confused. “Isn’t he like your prince charming or something? Is there something I should know?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

She looked away and chuckled. “There is this boy. His name is Kim Myungsoo.” I furrowed my eyebrows at the name but nodded. “His not as famous as Kai but still, he is super cute.”

He is cute, I admit it. “So, you like him more than Kai now?”

“Like? More like I love him.” She replied and bit her bottom lip. “But my best friends, Seohyun and Soyeon, they wouldn’t like the idea of me not liking Kai anymore.”

“Why is that?”

“We became best friends because of him. He is the reason why we are all together. I don’t want to disappoint them by saying that I don’t like him anymore.” She said and looked down. I could see tears began to build up in her eyes. I never thought someone could love someone this much, she must’ve loved Kai so much and now she love Myungsoo just as much as she loved Kai, or maybe more.

“They will understand if they are really your best friends. Trust me.” I said and hold her hand.

“I hope you were my best friend.” She said as she looked up and I smiled. I never had a best friend before.

“Are we not?” I asked and a smile appear on her face. “Having a best friend wouldn’t hurt anyone, right?”

She nodded and chuckled.