Chapter 15

My Everything

The next morning, I woke up by the sound of knocking on my door. I blinked my eyes a few times and walked towards the door. As I opened it, I saw my brother was standing by the door, already dressed up, smiling at me.

“Good morning.” Kyungjun said, smiling at me. “Mom and dad are waiting downstairs.”

I merely nodded my head and went inside to took a shower. When I’m done showering, I get dressed up and fixed my hair as I saw myself in the mirror. With one last look, I went downstairs. As I reached the dining room, I spotted my parents and Kyunjun are already seated and is talking about something. I cleared my throat as I came in and took a seat beside Kyungjun. He greeted me with a smile, which I return it with another smile. As I took a bite of the food, Dad and Kyungjun are talking about the government of the nation, which I found the view quite familiar. Both my dad and brother have been interested on political and never missed a chance of having a talk about it whenever they are together. However, my dad became a business man out of wishes, instead of becoming a politician.

“When will they ever stop talking about politics?” My mom said in frustration, glancing at the two boys who seems very amused while talking about how the differences of the South Korea’s government and United States’s government. Or whatever it is.

I chuckled at my mom’s hilarious comment but nodded along as I could not agree more. “I know right”

“Should we talk about something else?” My mom suggested, glancing at them with desperate gaze.  “How about the event tonight?”

With the mention of the event, my dad quickly darted his attention away from the political talks. My mom smiled in victorious and I couldn’t hide the smile on my face seeing how playful my parents can be.

“I invited Kim Jonghyuk” My dad said, taking a sip of his coffee.

“Who is that?” I asked, curiously. I’m not a business-kind-of-girl so I don’t know anything about CEO or president or whatever they are called.

“The owner of your school.” My dad explained, he then continued. “He’s the second best business man after me.”

“Why did you invited him?”

“Simply because I want to build a friendly rivalry with him. And one of the reasons why I invite him is because he’s the chairman of your school.” My dad explained, glancing at me. The second he looked at me, he asked me, “Since when you become so interested on the family business?”

Hearing him saying that, make me realize that I’ve never asked him about how his business is going or what is going on with his business or something else. I’ve never have a thought of having a conversation with him about his business, eventhough, his business is what have kept me alive. Even my mom, she’s the vice president of the company, so she must be involved in everything that is going on in the company but I never asked her about it nor I’d ever have a thought about it.

“Just now, I guess?” I smiled and he nodded his head, smiling.

Later that afternoon, me and Kyungjun went out to buy some clothes for the event tonight. When he looked at my wardrobe, he realize that I don’t have any dresses that matched his tuxedo so he forced me to buy one that matched his tuxedo.

Kyungjun bought me a dress which is very pretty. It is a strapless thigh-length black dress. At first, I was hesitating to buy it because it wasn’t really my style although it looked pretty and Kyungjun said that I looked pretty when I wore it but the dress was just too...different from the other dresses I had. But in the end, he buy it and forced me to wear it for the event tonight. So, I have no chance but to wear it.

When we got back to our home, we only have 4 hours to prepare for the event so we immediately went to our rooms and prepared ourselves. I took a quick shower and when I’m done, I put on the dress Kyungjun bought me. I took a look of myself in the mirror, and I thought it wasn’t my style at all but, who didn’t want to try something new?

I put on some light make-up on my face and curled my hair. Also I put on some perfume. When I opened my drawer, I saw a necklace and took it. I finally remembered that Jongin gave me this necklace as a gift when he want to apologize to me. I smiled at the thought and put on the necklace. I take a look on the mirror and examine the necklace. I just realized the necklace’s pendulum was wings. It was beautiful. Once again, I find myself smiling.

 “Soojung, are you ready?” Kyungjun said as he knocked my door, softly. I quickly put on some final touches on my face and went outside. Kyungjung was wearing a tuxedo that is very matched with my dress.

 “You look handsome.” I said, eyeing him from head to toe.

 “And you look gorgeous.” He said, winking. “As always.”

I chuckled at the statement and quickly dragged him outside. When we were outside, the driver was already waiting for us and as he saw us he opened the back door and we both climbed inside. After a couple of minutes, we finally arrived at the event’s venue. It was already packed by guests—which I assume is very important in the business world.

Kyungjun and I reached the open rooftop of the hotel. As we stepped into the scene—it was genuinely breath-taking. Little bulbs were hanging from above, and tables are scattered through the whole area. There were little paper lanterns along the pathway. There’s also a pool in the middle but it was covered with something so it turned into a dance floor for the guests.

The guests were busy talking to each other, the whole place was echoing with laughter and chatter. We finally spotted our parents, they were talking with another couple, probably someone from another company and we walked towards them. My mom look exceptionally beautiful—she was wearing a long black evening gown, similiar to mine and her hair was in French twist, my dad, on the other hand, was just as handsome as Kyungjun. It took me a moment to realize that Kyungjun and my dad actually resembles each other a lot. They both smiled as they saw us coming towards them.

“This is my oldest son, Choi Kyungjun.” My dad said, gesturing towards Kyungjun.  “And this is my daughter, Choi Soojung.” He said, introducing me. The lady in front of them smiled as she glanced towards me.

“Isn’t she a student in Shinhwa?” The guy in front of my dad said, pointing at me.

“Yes, she is.” My dad said, and side-hugged me. “She’s one of your students.”

“Well, hello there. I’m Kim Jonghyuk.” The guy—which turned out to be Kim Jonghyuk—said and offered me his hand and it was my pleasure to return the gesture.

“I heard you brought your son here. Where is he?” My mom asked.

“He must be here somewhere,” The lady—which I assume is Kim Jonghyuk’s wife—said and looked around to find her son, which I don’t know if I know him or not but he must be schooled at Shinhwa. “There he is!” The lady said as she spotted her son and gestured him to come , which make all of us turned our head towards the direction.

As I turned my head, I squinted my eyes at the familiar figure and widened my eyes as he got closer. I blinked my eyes a few times as if I can’t believe what I am seeing now. Kim Jongin was walking towards us.

“Hello everyone.” He said as he joined us. He took a quick glance at me and then smirked.

“This is my son, Kim Jongin.” Kim Jonghyuk said, patting Jongin’s shoulder.

Jongin then bowed at my parents. “Hello Mr. And Mrs. Choi, I’m Kim Jongin.” He said, politely.

“You’ve got a handsome son, right here.” My mom said, smiling at Jongin, which he return it with a smile.

“Well, actually, we have also two daughters but they couldn’t come.” The lady said, who I assume must be Jongin’s mom said.

“That’s a shame.” My mom said.

“You two must know each other since you both go to the same school.” Kim Jonghyuk suddenly said, glancing at me and Jongin.

“Yes, I know her. She’s pretty popular.” Jongin answered, without even thinking. He then secretly winked at me.

“She is?” My dad asked, raising an eyebrow at me. 

“Yes, sir. She’s got a lof of secret admirers.” Jongin said, pointing out the ‘a lot’

“And are you one of them?” My mom suddenly asked, earning chuckles from everyone who was listening.

“Probably.” Jongin said, shrugging his shoulder.

After the conversation, Jongin make a fake excuse that he want to get to know me better and steered me away from them. We both went back into the corridor, away from the pool party, and went downstairs. When we reached the landing, Jongin lead me to a cozy-looking balcony.

The balcony was quiet, beautiful and empty which was really relaxing. I looked up at Jongin who was standing over me, staring at me rather softly but keenly. “Aren’t you cold?” He started to say as he sat next to me.

“No—“ I was cut off when he suddenly put his coat over me.  “Thank you.” I smiled at him and glanced down at my heels.

“You look different today.” He said and I looked at him. “It’s a good different”

“Thank you?” I said, rather hesitatingly.

“I see you wearing the necklace I gave you.” He said, pointing at the necklace that is hanging on my neck.

“This is beautiful.” I said, and reached over the necklace.

“I designed it by myself” He said, glancing up into the sky.

“You did?”

“Turned it around.” He said, pointing at my necklace.

I did as he told me. As I turned the pendulum, at the back of it, it was written ‘Kim Jongin’. I merely chuckled as I saw it.

“Anyway,” I said, changing the subject, “I saw you in the mall the other day.”

“Me?”

“Yes,” I said, glancing at him. “With a girl.”

“Me?” He said, rather quite confused as he pointed at himself.

“Yes, you.” I said, pointing at him.

He furrowed his eyebrows, trying to recall the day where he went to the mall with a girl and as he remembered, he smiled. “So you were stalking on me?”

“I don’t. I saw you by accident.” I said, and rolled my eyes.

“Remember, tragedy was a destiny.” He quoted and grinned at me.

I merely shook my head. “So, who is the lucky girl?”

“What?” He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“The girl with you was your girlfriend, right?” I asked.

With that, he chuckled. “Stop!” I hit his arm lightly.

“She’s not my girlfriend. She’s my sister.” Jongin said, pointing at himself. After that, He chuckled one more time. So what I thought was wrong. The girl I saw with him was not his girlfriend but she was his sister. Now I couldn’t stop laughing mentally at myself.

“Ah, I see.” I couldn’t hide my embarrassment as I glanced away from him.

“Perhaps, are you jealous?” Jongin said, teasingly as he glanced at me – smirking.

“I am not!” I said, defending myself.

“Okay, whatever you said.” He said, shrugging.

Silence falls between us, it was a comfortable silence. We watched over the night sky above us as the night breeze brushes our body. Today’s sky seems so bright, stars scattered everywhere through the whole sky, it was beautiful. It was genuinely breath-taking.

“I never knew your father is Kim Jonghyuk.” I suddenly said, making him glancing at me.

“I never told you, yeah. But, at least, you found out today.” He said, shrugging.

I nodded and again silence filled the atmosphere.

“Can I ask you something?” Jongin suddenly said, breaking the silence. I looked up at him, and tilted my head. “You promise me something, right? Do you still remember it?”

I nodded my head, still glancing at him.

“The showcase is a week from now,” He said, and I nodded my head. “My father will come”

“Did you told him that you’re going to perform?”

“Not yet. But I’m going to tell him.” He said as he heaved a sigh.

“Don’t worry. I’ll stay by your side.” I said as I patted his shoulder. 


Thank you for the 400 views!!!! :D