Chapter 12

My Everything

Silence filled the atmosphere right after and we spent the next few seconds staring at each other – me and Myungsoo. While Jongin just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what do to. “Myungsoo...” I said, stunned by his sudden appereance.

He chuckled, “You still remember.”

“How could I forget you” I said with sarcasm and rolled my eyes at him. “What are you doing here, anyway?”

“I was just—“ Myungsoo said, there’s a pause before he continued, “wandering around”

“Here? Why?” I asked curiously.

“This place have a lot of memories...” Myungsoo said, gazing softly into my eyes, “of me and you.”

A little surprised, I squinted my eyes at him. He was smiling at me, his eyes wearing that familiar soft twinkle and I find myself lost in it, once again. Not wanting to fall for him again, I shook off the good thoughts about him and replace it with the not so nice thoughts about him. The thoughts about how he left me for.....another girl.

I frowned at the thought and looked back at him. “I have to go” I said, grabbed Jongin’s wrist and wordlessly pulled him with me. Without looking back, I kept on dragging Jongin until we were out of the park. I released my grip and took a quick glance at Jongin, he was looking at me with a worried look on his face.

I burried my face in my hands.

“Are you okay? Who was that?” Jongin asked and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“No” I simply gave him an answer, and smiled at him.

“Want to talk about it?” Jongin asked, leaning towards my face a little. “You know, I can be a pretty good listener”

“No, thanks” I said, “I’m good”

Are you sure?” Jongin asked and I nodded.

-

The next day, I woke to the sound of my phone viberating, it was Jongin who called me, he told that he’s already outside my house, waiting for me to come out, while I just woke up and still half-asleep. What has gotten into this kid?I quickly took a shower and after I’m done, I put on the uniform and my shoes and immediately went outside.

As I was outside my house, Jongin rolled down the window and greeted me. I crossed my hands on my chest, “You don’t have to pick me up”

“But I want to” Jongin said, smiling at me. I scoffed at him and quickly get on his car.

“You look beautiful.” He said as I get on his car. Is he teasing me? I don’t even put a single touch on my face.

“Are you kidding me?” I said, rolling my eyes at him.

“No, seriously. You look beautiful today,” Jongin said, gazing softly at me, “No. You always look beautiful.”

“Yeah, whatever” I said. He chuckled and rushed to the school.

-

“Soojung!” Aerin, Seohyun, and Soyeon said at the same time as they saw me walked into the class. I chuckled amusedly at them, and smiled at them as I walked towards them.

“What’s up?” I said as I sat down beside Aerin, while Seohyun and Soyeon sat behind us.

“So, there’s this rumour about you and Kai—“ Aerin said, staring straight into my eyes, “are dating”

I widened my eyes. “What? Me and Kai?” I chuckled at the nonsense rumour.

“So, you’re not dating him?” Seohyun asked with a hopeful eyes, probably hoping that I’m not dating Jongin.

“Yup” I said, pointing out the ‘p’.

They all sighed in relief. “I thought he’s really dating you because you two looked so close.” Soyeon said.

Before I could say another words, the teacher came in and suddenly the noisy class become quiet. “Listen up, we have a transfer student” the teacher said and then geastured someone to come in. The door slowly opened, making all eyes turned towards it. As the door opened, it revealed a quite handsome boy, making all the girls interested.

I squinted my eyes at the new student. As he turned his face towards us, I finally recognize him.

“Hello everyone, I’m Kim Myungsoo,” the new student is Kim Myungsoo. My ex-boyfriend.

Myungsoo who was looking straight, suddenly turned his head towards my direction and spotted me. He smiled as he saw me. The teacher then told him to sat on the seat in front of my seat. How great.

“Hi” Myungsoo said, turning his head towards me as he sat down.

“Hi” I said, faking a smile.

As the class goes on, I couldn’t help myself but to stare at the backview of Myungsoo. His backview was still the same, nothing much of him changed. His smile was still the same as before, the way he always gave me that ‘smirk’ when he saw me. He’s still the same Kim Myungsoo, I know – or at least, I thought.

Finally the bell ringed, time for a break. The others start to come out one by one from the class while I’m still here resting my head against the cold table. I didn’t like the thoughts of eating today. I looked up and saw Myungsoo still sitting on his chair. Thinking that he was just going to sleep, I rested my head against the table again.

But, Myungsoo suddenly stands up and pulled out his chair, sitting facing me. A little surprised, I widened my eyes and he chuckled. “Still the same Choi Soojung I used to know” He said, gazing softly at me.

“So do you” I said tonelessly. For a moment, his eyes wander around my face and I realized that his face was actually closer than I thought. “I miss you” he suddenly said, peering into my eyes.

“You do?” I said, a little puzzled.

“Of course. How come I didn’t miss this beautiful lady who used to be my lady?” Myungsoo said. His words are still the same. It may sounded cheesy but for me, once it was a loving words that come out from his mouth. I used to answer with another cheesy words but now I don’t know how to answer it because we’re not a couple anymore. “It sounds cheesy, I know. You know that I love to make cheesy words” he said as if he can read my mind.

“No. I’m used to it” I said, smiling a little at him.

Myungsoo laughed out loud. “God, I want you back so bad”

Thinking I misheard him, I asked him, “I’m sorry?”

“You heard me,” Myungsoo said, his voice a little raspy, “I want you back.”

“We can’t.” I said sternly.

“I can wait for you” Myungsoo said, gazing softly into my eyes.

“No, you don’t have to,” I said, standing up from my seat, “You don’t have to wait for me.” I gave him one last look before heading out from the class.

After school, I went looking for Jongin and the rest of the boys to ask them when will they start practicing again. As I walked down the hallway, I spotted Jongin and Sehun talking beside the vending machine and I approached them.

“Soojung!” Sehun said, waving his hand at me as he saw me. With that, Jongin turned around and as he saw me, a grin appeared on his face.

“Hey” I said, smiling at them.

“What’s up?” Sehun asked “I was just wondering, when will you guys starts praticing again?” I said, looking at them.

“We’re all set!” Sehun said, excitedly. “No more practice!”

For a moment, I was a little puzzled. “No more? I thought you only praticed once?”

“We only praticed once” Jongin said, making me glanced at him. “We never practice twice”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because we already memorized it in our heads” Sehun said, tapping his head. “That’s why we never practice twice”

“But, how?” I asked them confusedly.

Jongin chuckled. “When we used to attend the dance club, our teacher always told us that we can only pratice once, so that we could save time,” Jongin explained, “That’s why we’re used to have just one practice.”

“So, it’s kind of a habit?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Maybe.” Jongin said, gazing softly at me.

“Are you sure?” I said. “I mean, you haven’t participate the showcase for a long time, right? Is it stil there? I mean, that habit of yours?”

“I hope so.” Sehun said.

“That’s why—“ I was cut off by Jongin who suddenly chuckled.

“Don’t take him so seriously” Jongin said. “It’s still there,” he added, smiling sweetly to me. “That habit of ours.”

“Alright if you say so.” I said. Actually, I’m not sure that they can do the performance after only practicing once. It’s nearly possible for any dancers to do that.

Will they pull this off? I thought nervously.


Here you go!.

But short chapter, sorry :(