Chapter 2

Yesterday,Today & Tomorrow- Completed
The ending song vibrated in Hebe's ear,as her thoughts came back to the present.Angela's voice crooned in a high note as the ending of her song."You and I" was the song that Liza have chosen. She loves that song but it seems it has been used a thousands of times to almost all the wedding she have attended.I have to think a different song if ever I got married,Hebe thought.Something new and something spunky,she thought.

They piled up in a line,as she hook her hand again to his partner's arm.She looked up at him when she did that and she felt her face heated up.He looked back to her with amused eyes.

Thousands of light bulbs flickered in her face and a thousands smiles after.The picture session of the wedding is finally over.She have to massage her cheeks after,for she felt numb.Her partner looked at her and laughed as he came near her.

"Is it that bad?"he asked."I am Jiro,I don't think we have been introduce yet.I am Ron's college buddy as you can see.And your name?"

"I am Hebe,I am Liza's friend in college." she said."Anyway all the bride's maid are all her college friends."

"So you are also a nurse like her?" Jiro asked.

Hebe nodded."Yeah we just graduated a few weeks ago."Hebe said.

"And you are also a lawyer like Ron then."Hebe said.

"Trying to be lawyer,I still have an exam to pass before that will happen"Jiro said.

"You have a ride to the reception,I can give you a ride if you need one?"Jiro asked.

"Oh ,no thank you I am riding with Ella" Hebe said."And come to think of it,where is she?"

"I don't see anybody around anymore that has something to do with the wedding" as Jiro looked around.The park where they have their photo shoot is now empty. It seemed that they are the only two people left and everyone have gone to the reception place which is in a big five star hotel."I guess you are riding with me then,that is good."as he smiled.

They were the last pair to reach the hotel ,They found themselves seated together with the other pairs.She excused herself and pull Ella with her to the bathroom.

"Ella why did you leave me with him?"Hebe asked."I was looking for you."

"Chun said,you know my partner told me that Jiro is going to give you a ride and he went with me."Ella said."So how is he?" as she gave her a wink.

Hebe blushed."You are crazy,what are you thinking?" Hebe said."No don't you dare do this to me."

"Hey it is about time you get a boyfriend,you don't have an excused now."Ella said."All of us have already have a boyfriend except you,What are you holding yourself for?He is cute and hot, and a lawyer to boot and he looks like a gentleman,if you know what I mean."

"He might have a girlfriend already."Hebe said."With his looks ,it is impossible that nobody dared to hook him."

"Liza said that he is a very free man,no wife and no girlfriend,that is why we paired him to you,you know Liza want to act like cupid sometimes..."Ella said."Relax if you liked him and he liked you then it is good and if you don't like him ,you can give him to me."as she laughed out loud.

"Ella I am not kidding."Hebe said."Don't push me to him,he might notice it,it is embarrassing."

"I think he likes you too."Ella said"Don't worry we will just push you slowly for you really need a lot of pushing.If not you gonna end up a and that gonna be too bad."

"Yeah,but don't make it too obvious,or I will look like I am desperate to have a boyfriend."Hebe said.

"No,you don't look like desperate at all."Ella said."I knew there was a lot of guys who are after you in school but you did not pay any attention to them,because of your dream,But now we graduated already,now is the time to find your man."

Hebe smiled and feel his cheeks reddened with just the thoughts.Her stomach was in a knot when they have to go back to their seat.Her hands cold and clammy as she felt Jiro's hand on her as he lead her to a dance in the dance floor,and she cannot refused.

All throughout the night,Hebe was like living in a dream,her Prince Charming has arrived and ready to claim her.Jiro was so attentive to her.He asked her a lot of questions about her, like he is really interested.He was very charming and sweet and a real gentleman.She just knows that by his touch and his look that she have totally given her heart to him

He drove her home after the party and they talked and talked some more like they never want this night to end.Before,she got out of the car ,Jiro got her number and he gave her number.He walked her to the door and watched her go in until she is in the safety of her home before he drove away.And Hebe was mesmerized and enthralled by this man whose name is Jiro.....She keep saying his name until she fell asleep...