Chapter 9

Yesterday,Today & Tomorrow- Completed
The memory of their first kiss lingers on Hebe's thought as she lay in bed that night.She could hardly sleep.It was so soft and gentle and as if her heart have stopped beating and everything stood still.She wants more but a little bit disappointed when Jiro stopped kissing her.She was afraid but she wished for more.She felt embarrassed afterwards maybe he read into her,her mixed emotions >But she felt the power he have in her and she was afraid, afraid that she would lose control of herself.

And the tears,she does not know where did it came from,probably from the rollercoaster of emotions that she have been experiencing lately.But Jiro was so patient with her and so considearte of her feelings.She did not know that she started to cry again just because of the thought. I am behaving like a lovesick young girl.I am too old to be acting like this,Hebe thought.

Weeks that followed,Jiro is still the same as persistent as ever,as loving as ever.Hebe is in cloud nine most of the time.It seems like this is it forever.She got used of having her own way most of the time.Jiro spoiled her and always followed her every wishes.And whenever they have alittle spat,Jiro will always have to make the first move to make up with her.

After weeks and the Hebe's examination results came out and she successfully passed it with flying colors.Hebe's parents was so happy and proud of her.Jiro too was so happy for Hebe.Her parents gave her a party in the house and Jiro was of course invited,They still did not know that the two are in a relationship.They still thought that Jiro was still courting Hebe,although they knew that their daughter have a feeling for him.

There were a lot of people in the party,Hebe 's family and cousins and aunts,Hebe's friends,and everybody seem to be eyeing the guy that holds Hebe's heart.Jiro felt a little intimidated by the people around him.But he kept himself up,thanks to the presence of Liza and Ron,Ella and Chun and Susan hebe;s best friend.

As usual lots of foods and drinks,and Jiro was thrown in the mix with Hebe's uncles and Dad and also his brothers. He was offered a drink one after the other and they tried to and Jiro just have to smile to all their cold jokes and insinuations.

It 's quite some time before they finally have a time for each other.She looked so pretty looking so fresh and natural without a hint of make up.Her lips are pink and looks so inviting if only he could kiss her right there.he have to fight the urge..as he smiled to her.

Hebe looked at him,just tomake sure he is alright,and he is able to survive her relatives weird jokes.They were teasing going around everytime they came near to each other.Hebe blushed each time.

"I hope you are not drunk yet,from all this drinks they gave?'Hebe asked"And don't mind them,they are not going to stop until you say no."

"No,I am not really drinking the whole thing." as he whispered to her ear.Hebe smiled."But I can't eat anymore,I am stuffed to my neck,but I can't say no to your Mom especially if she cooked the food."

"So,are you having a second thought after meeting my family."Hebe asked."They are not the best ,but I love them and they are all I got ,the whole army of them " as Hebe laughed.

"No,it will take more than your family to make me change my mind."Jiro said."In fact ,I think I love them already."

"Oh you are so easy."Hebe said.

Then Hebe's cousin came in and join them."So Hebe when are you leaving to go to America?"Angeline asked."Cause I might be going there myself."

Jiro looked at her and was surprised to hear that and give her a questioning look.Hebe ignore his expression,not ready to confront him yet regarding her plan,instead she looked at her cousin"I have not planned it out yet."Hebe answered.And tried to change the subject after that.

After that Jiro was so quiet and just basically just looking and observing around.Hebe tried to draw him out but
he just stayed quiet and answered in single words.Hebe bit her lip and knew that the topic about going to the States will be an issue.She tried to convince herself that he loves her and he will agree to whatever plan she have..he does not have any choice for that matter.That is her dream and her parents dream and Jiro will understand,he always understand.Somehow his behavior now and the expression on his face is saying other wise.....Hebe suddenly felt so afraid,afraid that he might lose him because of her dreams.

That night Jiro went home with a bad taste on his mouth.When he heard about Hebe's plan to go out of the country to go to States,somehow he felt his heart ached.he was thinking,how come Hebe never even mention it to him about his plan.Does it mean he is not part of her future? The realization hurt him like hell and he found himself drinking more in the party.He is drunk when he went home.It is a good thing that Ron drove him home.

But at home ,sleep elude him.The thougth that Hebe will be leaving him hurts him like crazy.He could not stop himself from calling Hebe late at night to clarify the whole thing.

"Hello Hebe,are you awake?"Jiro asked.

"Yeah,I was just getting ready to sleep."Hebe answered.

"Will you marry me now?"Jiro asked"Marry me now will you?"

"What's up with you?"Hebe asked"You sound drunk."

"Just a drink that's all,but I still know what I am talking about."Jiro said."Come on why don't you want to marry me?You know that I love you"

"Jiro,you know the answer to that,I am still too young," Hebe said"I still need to help out my family."

"Marry me now."Jiro said"If you really love me,you will marry me the soonest."

"Jiro,You know I love you"Hebe said"But I am not ready yet for marriage,I am still too young."

"You don't want to marry me,because you are going to States right?"Jiro asked."All this time you have been planning this and never a word to me about it."

"Jiro,I never told you because I am still not sure about it."Hebe said."I have not decided it yet.'

"You are not sure about abroad or not sure about me?"Jiro asked.He sounded so angry now."Am I even important to you that you never bother to tell me what is your plan for the future? I committed myself to you Hebe and what was your commitment to this relationship?"

"Jiro please don't get mad."Hebe said and almost crying now."I am ,I love you,but that is my parents dream and my dream to work and help out my family."

"So you are really leaving me then."Jiro said sounded so defeated."This is I have to say if you leave ,I don't think our relationship have any chance at all.I have seen a lot of relationship gone because of distance,I know once you go there,you are not gonna come back.And I am not going to wait for nothing." as he hung up.

Hebe was left hurt and this time she felt like sobbing and really crying.He sound so mad and so hurt.He is going to make me choose.I have a responsibility to my family but I love Jiro with all my heart.I know if I lose him now,I will never find someone like him and I will never love anybody like I love him.I can't lose him ,please God make him understand,understand my situatuion.I love him,I love him too much God,Please I don't want to lose him,Hebe thought ,as Hebe cried herself to sleep.