Chapter 22

Yesterday,Today & Tomorrow- Completed
The sun was up already when Jiro woke up.And he have a bad hangover.He can't seem to remember what happened next after seeing Hebe in Calvin's arms.All he remembered,was that he was drinking somewhere in the bar,and he don't remember how did he got home.Thank God he is still in one piece,or he does not know if he should be thankful for that.

He looked around,and he is in his room.He went to the bathroom to take a shower,when he heard a movement outside and take a look and there was Helene watching TV in his living room.He does not remember calling her or seeing her yesterday.He went to shower quickly ,and put on a new clothes.

"Uhmm,I did not know you were here."Jiro said as he went out of his room.

"The bartender called me,he got my number or I was the last number you called or something of that sort,from your cell phone,and he said they are closing and you are all passed out."she eyed him with disapproval."What is going on Jiro?I have not heard from you for days and then this."

Jiro looked away from her prying eyes.Helene has a way of knowing if you are lying or covering up something,she will know.He wondered if he should tell her now,that there won't be any wedding soon.He can't marry her,when Hebe is still in his heart,it will not be fair for her.

"Helene,I am sorry,I can't marry you,I am not ready yet,I still have not gotten over her." Jiro said.

Helene looked at him and you can see the pain in her eyes.Jiro felt guilty for causing her the pain,but it is better this way than marry her and regret it later on.She can find a better man than me,a man who can love her deeply and truly.She came to him and he felt the stung of her hand on his cheeks,as she walked away

"You bastard"She muttered."I hate you,she will never love you like I do,never." and then she banged the door as the sound reverberated,and the vibrations echoed in his head.

"She will never love you like I do"yes Hebe will never love me like I want her to love me,Jiro thought,tears stung in his eyes....

That morning Hebe woke up with a heavy feeling.The sun is up already,and she does not feel like getting up yet,she just want to stay where she is,in the comfort of her bed.Her eyes red and puffy from crying,who is she kidding,she can't get past him,he still have that effect on her like the first time she met him.

Poor Calvin,I made him hope that we can be someday,now I have to dashed all hope,it will not be fair for him,to wait for nothing.He is a nice man.He will find a perfect girl for him eventually.But maybe from yesterday,he knows that I am still in love with Jiro.I am too obvious,Hebe thought.

She heard a knock on her door,as her Mom peep in."So what you are up to now,Cinderella?" she said.Hebe smiled at her Mom,she missed her a lot.....as her Mom joined her in the bed.

"You looked like in a deep thought there?"she said."That Calvin guy there is nice,and cute and a doctor too."

"Yes,he is really nice Mom."Hebe said.

"But you don't love him,right?"she said."You are still in love with that lawyer guy,with Jiro?" as she hold her hand.
Hebe hugged her Mom and cried.

"I don't know why,I still love him."Hebe said."I really want to forget him,but I can't."

"I know,I never asked you before what happened before,but it seems you really love him,and from the looks of it before,I know he really loves you too,what happened?"she asked.

"It is too late now,he is going to get married now."Hebe said."And he hated me now for leaving him before and not being able to commit to him." as she cried some more.

"I did not know that going to the States is going to cost you your own happiness,if I have known..."her Mom said."Don't sacrifice your own happiness for the family Hebe,it is not your responsibility,it is ours,as your parents.We as a parents just want our kids to be happy ,that is all we ask,for you to be happy and find your niche in this world,where you belong."

"If he really love you and if you really belong together, then nothing can stop both of you,if it is fate,it is going to happen."her Mom said as she hugged her tightly.

Hebe can only hope in her heart...that they belong together...in the end.