Chapter 18

Yesterday,Today & Tomorrow- Completed
It was an early Friday morning,but there was a smile in Hebe's face.Tomorrow,she will be off,and she will have time to do her chores in her apartment.It is tough,living alone,but it is also good,since you have the freedom to do what you want to do.

She finally reached her unit,and as she went to the nurses lounge and put her things away in the locker,She quickly went to the nurse station to get the report from the previous shift.
As she d her pen on her pocket,somebody came to her.

"Good morning Hebe" as Calvin smiled at her,and Hebe recognized him,the guy that she bumped into the the other day.

Hebe smiled at him"Good Morning"

"Today is the start of my rotation in your unit.I did not know you will be here."Calvin said with a smile"I think i will enjoy my rotation here."

Hebe did not say a word but just smiled at him as she went to get the report.

By lunch time,Calvin came to her."What time are you having your lunch?"Calvin asked.

"Not for another half hour,why?"Hebe asked.

"Can I have lunch with you,or are you going with somebody.?"

"Oh,not really,one of us can only go at a time."Hebe said.

"Good,so we'll go to lunch together?"Calvin said.

Hebe looked at him and smiled."Sure,that will be nice."Hebe said.

From the lunch,Calvin asked Hebe to go out during the weekend and Hebe finding herself saying yes.He was nice and funny,without being corny and cocky.The first time she enjoyed the company of any male,after Jiro..Jiro he seems so far away and so long ago...but it still hurts everytime she remembers him.....

Jiro was waiting for Helene in a restaurant.They decided to meet their after work.It has been sometime now,since they are dating and he thinks it is time to make it permanent and to commit himself again.Tonight,he is going to asked her to be his steady girlfriend.it is not much of I love you thing and romance like the one he have with Hebe but it a good and smooth relationship.She was always there for him.Maybe this is it?...But how come his heart scream otherwise...His heart is still saying Hebe,but he is not going to listen to it anymore.Hebe is gone from his life...but the pain remains.

"Helene,you look lovely."as Jiro stood up and greeted her and kiss her on the cheeks."Are you hungry?"

Helene smiled at him."Yeah,famished,"she said."So how was your day?"

"Good,it can be better,yeah it better now,cause you are here."Jiro said and smiled .Helene stared back at him.She got him where she wants him to be,and she was so happy.She loves him and will do anything to keep him on her side.

That weekend,Hebe spent time with Calvin.She learned a lot from him.He is also from Taiwan and his parents still lives there.It is so refreshing to have somebody to talk about home and who knew the place.She enjoyed his company and yes he is the forever gentleman.He could have been perfect if only Jiro's face will not haunt her as much.....

After that night,Jiro found hinself spending more time with Helene.She is intelligent ,funny and beautiful,but she is not Hebe.they have an easy relationship and he even enjoyed her company but the feeling that he have whenever he was with Hebe than Helene is not even close.They maybe fighting and miserable at times,but the happiness that she brought her is nothing compared to what he have now.He closed his eyes.How come her face won't go away.She is here to hurt him and torture him forever....