Epilogue

Yesterday,Today & Tomorrow- Completed

The wintry wind blew as Jiro zipped up his jacket.He looked at his watch and it is getting late.He did not know that his appointment will be this late.Hebe must be waiting for him,as he walked hurriedly to his car.

The drove back home took him a while the traffic was horrendous,with the Christmas shoppers crowding the sidewalks and all the busy streets of Taiwan.He tapped his fingers on the wheel hoping the anxiety and the excitement in him will at least calmed down.

Hebe called him earlier, the early signs of labor is already starting.She felt the early discomfort already,and he hope to be their for her,for Hebe and their coming baby.He aimed for a honeymoon baby but it took them a while,it took a while for Hebe to conceived,which is good ,since Hebe and him have a lot of time getting to know each other as a husband and wife.

Funny how you thought you knew each other so well only to discover,that there is still a lot to know from the other partner.It will take a lifetime to know one especially like Hebe.Getting to know her is like a discovery to himself and loving her more with each discovery.If his feelings for her before was so strong,then he does not know how to describe his feelings for his wife now,and he is thankful that he got her in his life now.And to think that he almost lost her and almost let her go.

Finally,he got home,and the house so quiet,that he got nervous,for the stillness of his home.He ran to their room and found Hebe in bed looking a little bit pale as she tried to smile at him through her pain.

"Honey,the pain is getting so frequent now,do you think,we have to go?"Hebe said.Jiro ran to her as he hugged her and gave her a kiss.

My poor wife,having to suffer and bear the pain,if only he can take and share the pain that she have to bear in order
to bring to the world their most precious child."We have to timed it now,and then we will see."Jiro said.

"I am having one now."Hebe said as Jiro looked at the watch and hold on to Hebe's bulging stomach.

"It took almost a minute now.I think we should go to the hospital now."Jiro said as he helped her up from the bed.He took her maternity bag and hold on to her ,as he lead her to the car.

Minutes and hours follows.Jiro was having a hard time looking at his wife suffers as she moaned and groaned through all the pain.He hold on to her hands,never letting it go and gave her hugs and kisses in between,so that she can go on....

It took Hebe 8 hours and 25 minutes in labor,until the angel in their life showed up.And finally Jacqueline Anne was born as she screamed and cried the first few minutes of her life.Hebe cried the first time she saw her and Jiro teared as he hugged his wife and the baby.Now there are three of them, as Jiro looked up and thanked the One above ,for all his blessings.

The new day came with a bright sun,as a sign of a new beginning as a sign of brighter tomorrow for the Wang family.Jiro woke up as he felt stiff from his chair and looked at his sleeping wife.He smiled at the sight of her.She must be exhausted from last night as he touched her face and gave her a kiss.he wants to take her in his arms right there and there,but he does not want to wake her up.

He looked at the bassinet,beside her bed and his baby is sleeping like an angel.She smiled at him,like she knew her Daddy was watching her.Jiro felt the tears in his eyes.He never knew that being a father will gave a different feeling,like he have never had before.She looked so fragile and so helpless,and he knows in his heart that he will die protecting her and keeping her safe from all hurt and pain of the harsh world.

Hebe woke up and found her husband staring at their baby,as she smiled.Her heart went through him ,such a loving and tender man,she was lucky to have her as a husband.Her own heart swelled with all the love for him.She tried to get up,but somehow she lacked the strength that she used to have,and Jiro feeling her movement went to her as she helped her out got up from the bed.

She peeked at her baby as Jiro hold on to her.She smiled at the sight of this beautiful creature that they have created.And Jacqueline is such a work of art that they have created.

"She is beautiful,she got your lips and nose."Hebe said."We got our masterpiece now."

"Yes she is a beautiful work of art and we did it."Jiro said as he kissed her on the lips and hugged her."I have been wanting to do that"

Hebe smiled."I love you Dadong,and more and more everyday."

"I love you too Hebe,I don't think I can love you enough.If my feeling for you was so intense before,now it has grown more and it doesn't stop from growing."

"And now we have a baby ,our own baby to cherish and spoil."Hebe said."I hope we can be a good parents to her,I want to be good Mommy to her."

"Don't worry,I don't have any doubt that you will be a perfect Mommy for Jackie."Jiro said."And I hope to be a good Daddy for her too.We may not be perfect,but we will try our best to be a good parents to her."

Then the baby cried,as her parents hurried to her side to provide her with all the love and care that they have for their daughter.Now there are three of them, to love and live and to discover each other.The Wang Family....Jiro...Hebe and Jacqueline Ann...living happily ever after...in love...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all your support and comments...