Chapter 8

Yesterday,Today & Tomorrow- Completed
The sun is shining bright and the heat was at his peak.But Hebe was oblivious of the temperature.She can only think of one thing and that is the thought of Jiro.She hummed to herself like the melody is something from within her thought.Susan her best friend nudged her elbow and laughed at her.

"So,finally you are in love.The high and mighty princess in love."Susan said laughing."And I thought you are going to be a nun"while walking side by side with her one afternoon on their way to their job interview.

Hebe smiled at her."I know,it just happen"Hebe said."And he is the sweetest guy there is."

"Hey,be careful,remember what they say,lawyers are liars and they are always full of sweet words"as Susan warned her.Susan was her childhood friend and her best friend.They been together forever.She has been hurt before and now she lose her trust to all male species.She was there when she got hurt and it was never that easy for her to forget Phil her first love.Somehow it gave her bad taste in her tongue.

"I know ,but Ella and Liza seem to approve of him that means he is good as good."Hebe said."And you should hear him talk and he calls me three or more times in a day."

"They are only good at the start,once they got you then slowly the call will be lesser and lesser."Susan explained.
"Until they finally stop altogether.They are only good for one thing."

Hebe stop and think and hope that Jiro will never change. Please Jiro love me more everyday,God please make him love me more everyday.Hebe prayed.

The following week,Jiro invited Hebe for a dinner.Hebe have no idea what was the occassion and was about to say no but Jiro was persistent so Hebe agreed .And this time Jiro picked up Hebe in the house.

Jiro eyes lighten up once she sees her.Dressed in spaghetti strapped dress in dark blue,her beautiful skin heightened .Her skirt flirted with her well shapely legs.her eyes always seemed to sparkled to him and it seems just one look is enough to make his heartbeat go crazy.

"So what is the special occasion?"Hebe asked."You have not told me yet."

"I will tell you later."Jiro said as he open the door for her in his car.Hebe quietly slid herself inside.

They went to a nice Italian Restaurant.The atmosphere is quiet and romantic.Their table was only lighted by a single candelabra in the center of the table.Tablecloth in light yellow and pink color with a printlike the old romantic renaissance arts adorn the table.Their table is in the corner and they have enough privacy for themselves. Jiro kept looking at her and making sure she is alright.

They have their appetizer first while the music ofan old Italian classic can be heard in such a whispers.Hebe felt her stomach somersault from all the the looks that he gave her.She is slowly melting away....

"Alright,I will tell you why I took you here...Now I, am suddenly embarrassed,I passed the BAR,I finally got the results last week.Now I can truly say or have the right to marry you Hebe."Jiro said.

Hebe's cheeks flushed."Really I am so proud and so happy for you."Hebe said."So now I can finally say that my boyfriend is a lawyer." as she hold his hand.Jiro pressed her hands finding happiness with just a mere touch as he smiled at her."So it is now Attorney Jiro Wang Dong Cheng.I hope you don't make a case of me when I break your heart."

"Why are going to break my heart?"Jiro asked,his eyebrows rises with the question.

"No,I am just kidding."Hebe said."It can be the other way around,you breaking my heart."

"You know it is not going to happen,I think you are the one who is going to break my heart."

"Alright,nobody will break anyone's heart."Hebe said."That is a promise."

Jiro nodded."Don't make a promise you can't keep."Jiro said.
Hebe just smiled."I know I'll never do that."

"So,you think you can marry me now?"Jiro asked."I have been waiting for the results so I can asked you."

Hebe heart beat faster and suddenly she became very afraid. She is not ready yet to marry him.Why is he such in a hurry to get married?I am still adjusting to the fact that I have a boyfriend and now a marriage,she panic at the thought.

Jiro saw the fear in her eyes.Hebe is so transparent,you can see through her.She is so innocent and so untouched.Where did her parents put her or hid her somewhere that she is not exposed to the real and harsh world.But the innocence is the one that drew her to him.He have never seen such a girl who still believe in the goodness of everyone,who does not see the ugliness of the world or the existence of such in her own eyes.He just want to protect her and yes to own her whole being.....

"I am sorry,I know I am rushing you."Jiro said."Don't think about it for now,but just in case it is something that we have to decide later on." as he took a deep breathe.He does not want to frightened her,he just have to wait.Why is it seems that he can't wait for her,like he have to rush everything.What is he afraid of?He does not know.He just know that he needs her,he just needs her in his life now.

Dinner was finished with much thought on what Jiro have said.In as much as Jiro said not to think about it,but the words keep on running in her mind...she is not ready yet...not until after five years from now or later...he just have to wait for me...he will wait for me...I hope.

That night as they walk by the bay side under the moonlight and as they hear the water splashing on the shores and the cold winds blowing on their faces, Jiro look in Hebe 's eyes as he hold her chin in his fingers and his lips touched her.He felt the fast beating of her heart and her breathing stopped as their lips locked.Jiro wants to crushed her in his arms and kissed her on her lips passionately like there is no tomorrow but he felt the quiver in her lips and the tremble in her hands and body, as he lifted his lips from her.She is so afraid of him.Jiro found himself wanting more but have to pull himself from her.

He saw the tears on her eyes as he wiped them away and kissed her on the forehead as he pulled himself away.It took him a lot of self control and courage to do that. Somehow the security of their house is better than having her alone in this place."I'll take you home."Jiro said."I better take you home."