Dance Practice

Am I Dreaming?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim So-Ra’s Perspective

The rest of the school day was quite boring to say the least. I was looking forward to my after school practice with Hye-mi. It was going to be fun. Just me and Hye-mi and no one else. We can also get a chance to talk closely with each other. I know who she likes but she doesn’t know about me. Well to be honest, I don’t even know about me. I feel something when I see Chen and its nothing that I’ve ever felt before. It couldn’t be that could it? I’ve only known him for literally two days. It’s too early to tell. It’s not.

 

~After Class~

“Hye-mi! Let’s go and practice!” I shouted to her as I linked her arm in mine as I ran up to her in the corridor.

“Okay! Let’s go before someone else decides to take any of the dance studios!”

As we came into the common room Hye-mi led the way towards one of the dance studios.

“This is the best one!” she said as she walked into it.

“Okay! We should get changed” I replied as I lifted my bag and went into the changing rooms. Hye-mi stayed in the dance studio so that no one took our room.

I placed my bag on the bench and took out my clothes and then began to get changed. I tied my hair up again into a large messy bun and pulled out a few strands to frame my face. I still haven’t chosen a song yet to dance to while probably EVERYONE else has. I haven’t even done anything like this before and I must admit I’m quite nervous for Friday. What if I totally muck up? But anyway, with that said, I gave myself one last look up and down in the full length mirror on the wall at the other side of the changing rooms. I made my way back out of the changing rooms and into the dance studio where I saw Hye-mi lying flat on the floor listening to music on her phone. I decided to walk up as quietly as I could. When I was only one more footstep away I pounced and scared her.

“YAH! DON’T DO THAT! YOU SCARED ME!” she shouted as she got up quickly and screamed and then started laughing.

“Oh my god! That was so funny!” I replied back as I was laughing hysterically. “You can go and change now by the way”

 “Okay! I’ll be right back!”

At that moment Hye-mi grabbed her bag and ran out towards the changing rooms. Once I had caught my breath from laughing so much, I took out my iPod and hooked it up to the stereo that sat in the corner of the room. I scrolled through my many songs and finally decided to play ‘Am I Wrong’ by Nico & Vinz. I thought it would be a little while until Hye-mi came out again so I decided to start my own stretches and warm ups.

 

Luhan’s Perspective

“Yo guys! Let’s go and practice!” I shouted as I gestured some of the guys to follow. I made my way into the common room where I started to hear music. I went into the room further thinking about who it was and then I remembered. So-Ra was coming to practice today as well. As I walked further into the middle of the room, I could see So-Ra playing some music and dancing. I just stood there amazed. She can really do anything. But where was Hye-mi? Did she not come? I was kind of hoping to see her here too.

“LUHAN!” Lay shouted as he came up behind me. “What are staring at?” he asked as his gaze followed mine. “Wait, is that So-Ra?”

“Yeah she’s pretty good don’t you think?”

“She’s awesome! We should go and say hello!” Lay said as he was about to make his way over.

“No not yet” I replied as I pulled him back again. “Wait until the rest of the guys is here”.

So we decided to wait until the rest of the guys showed up and we began to make our way to one of the other dance studios and get changed.

“SO-RA! WAIT FOR ME, DON’T START WITHOUT ME!” a voice screamed out as we were doing warm ups. If I’m being honest, it startled both me and Lay making us jump but I knew straight away who owned that voice. Hye-mi. She probably thinks I don’t have any interest in her whatsoever but I should say that it is quite the opposite.

 

Kim So-Ra’s Perspective

“SO-RA! WAIT FOR ME, DON’T START WITHOUT ME!” Hye-mi screamed as she began to run towards me from the changing rooms.

“Don’t worry I was only doing warm ups Hye-mi!” I said as I started to laugh.

“This is a good song too! What is it?”

“Oh it’s Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz. It was popular back in the UK before I left for Korea!” I replied as I walked back over to the stereo to put on a different song.

“Really? It’s really good! Have you got any other songs?” Hye-mi asked as she became excited.

“Of course! I have loads! We should pick songs now for our dance solos” I said as I was still scrolling through my music list.

“Okay let me see too” she answered as she came over beside me trying to get a good view of the iPod screen.

We were scrolling through my music for a few minutes until we both decided on songs. Hye-mi chose ‘Mamacita’ by Super Junior while I chose ‘Danger’ by Taemin. We started with Hye-mi’s dance and came up with several versions of choreography.

“This is pretty fun!” I shouted out over the music as we continued to dance.

“I know, I’ve never really had anyone to do this kind of thing with me before. It’s really cool!”

-HEY MAMACITA NAEGA AYAYAYAYA-

We continued to dance for about ten more minutes until we decided to move onto my song.

“Can we start my song now?” I asked as I walked over to my bag to get out a bottle of water.

“Yeah sure! I think I sort of know what I’m doing now anyway!” Hye-mi replied with a smile. “Could I have a drink?”

“Sure” I said as I handed her the water bottle after me. “I don’t think you’ll ever have heard this song, well actually you probably have” I spoke sarcastically as I scrolled through my music to find it.

As I put on the song I saw Hye-mi’s eyes light up in excitement.

“Okay let’s start!” Hye-mi shouted and smiled as we began to dance.

Kai’s Perspective

“Hey guys we should go to practice now, I think Lay and Luhan are waiting for us” I said to Chen, D.O. and Baekhyun.

“Yeah okay we are coming now Kai!” Baekhyun answered as he got his bag out from his locker.

The rest of the guys caught up with us as we were about to go into the common room.

“Hey guys!” said Suho as they came up to us. “Is Luhan and Lay already in there?”

“Yeah they should be” answered Chen as he began to walk into the common room.

“But what’s that noise? It sounds like music. Is someone else here too?” asked Chanyeol.

“That’s probably So-Ra and Hye-mi” I answered Chanyeol with a smirk as we walked in after the others.

“Aaaah!” replied Chanyeol as we began to make our way to the dance studio where Luhan and Lay were.

“HEY GUYS! OVER HERE!” shouted Luhan as he waved over to us.

“Hey Luhan, looks like we have company today” I said with a smirk on my face as I gestured my head towards the other dance studio where So-Ra was.

“Yeah they were already here when we arrived” he replied.

“We should say hello” I said as I began to make my way over. Luhan followed me without saying anything along with Lay. All the others had already gone to change.

As we came closer to the dance studio we could see both Hye-mi and So-Ra dancing perfectly in time with each other to the music.

“Wow! They can dance really really well!” exclaimed Lay as he pouted.

“I know I’ve never seen anyone as good as that since Taemin!” said Luhan as his mouth started to form an ‘O’ shape.

I had to admit, all her moves were on point! Her timing as well as Hye-mi’s was perfect! At that moment I took the courage to walk in and say hello. But just as I was about to move they began to sing as well.

-IT’S

Please log in to read the full chapter