That Was Easy...

Am I Dreaming?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chen’s Perspective

Why have I suddenly got nervous? It’s perfectly normal to like someone, it should be fine. But then I’ve never really liked a girl like this before. It’s always been in a friendly way but this… this is much more than friends and now that I know that she likes me back I can’t help but find it just a little bit easier. As I was stuck in my thoughts Lay who was sitting beside me, began to talk to me.

“Chen, you do know that you are going to have to talk to her now. No going back” he said in a low voice.

“I know I do… but how should I start? I can’t say that I’ve exactly had the experience before” I replied back while still thinking to myself.

“Just start with small talk, you know, like hello, how are you and so on…” Baekhyun said as he overheard the conversation.

“Okay. But promise me that you guys won’t try to make it awkward for me! Not this time anyway”

“Chen, would we really do that to you?” asked Lay who began to chuckle.

“Yes…” I replied quickly as I knew them well. It hasn’t been the first time I’ve been in an awkward situation.

“HYE-MI, SO-RA! COME ON AND SIT DOWN!” shouted Yoona excitedly with a smile plastered on her face. “THERE’S STILL SPACE!”

After saying that, Hye-mi and So-ra began to make their way back over to us giving a smile in return.

“Okay guys I’m really nervous!” I exclaimed to the other members with a worried look on my face.

“Don’t worry man! Just play it cool…” replied Tao from the other side of the table as the other members began to nod.

“Hey guys!” yelled Hye-mi as her and So-ra came up beside the table arm in arm.

“Hey Hye-mi” replied Luhan before anyone had the chance.

“Hey come on and sit down” answered Suho and Jessica from the other side of the table as they began to move around to make room on the seats.

As they all began to move around the chairs, I was beginning to understand what they were doing… they were moving around so that we were creating space at my side. I just happened to be sitting at the end too! How well was that planned? As we finally all got shifted to the left, So-ra and Hye-mi sat down, with So-ra being beside me.

“Okay breathe Chen, she is just a girl, it can’t be that hard to just talk…” I thought to myself as they both sat down.

Everyone else had taken the opportunity to begin talking while they just happened to leave me and So-ra out. Talk about making it obvious to me. So with everyone else deep in conversation (or so I thought) I took this chance to talk to So-ra.

“H-Hey…” I began to speak with a gentle smile as I looked at her.

She looked around a little surprised by my sudden speech but then just ended up smiling. “Hey…”

“So… how are you?” I asked while trying to think back to the advice I got from Baekhyun earlier. Small talk…

“I’m very well actually, what about yourself?” she replied while giving out a little giggle.

“Yeah, I’m not too bad myself… so what classes do you have today?”

“Umm… I have English first and then composition class. Then I think I have dance after break” she replied.

“Ah… nearly the same as me then... I have vocal training after break” I said as I began to laugh.

“That’s awesome. What’s so funny though?” she answered with confusion.

“Well, when you think about it, this is the first time I’ve actually had a proper conversation with you. Even though you have been here for a while now”

“Oh yeah… I guess you’re right!” she exclaimed as she began to laugh too.

As we began to laugh together, I noticed I was getting some weird looks from the others as well as some thumbs up from Kai and Kris. I guess I was doing well so far…

“You sang well on Saturday by the way… just thought I should tell you” So-ra began to speak while she was turning slightly pink on the cheeks. I thought it was so cute if I was being honest.

“Oh thanks… you were actually were good yourself! I haven’t really sung with many girls who has had the same strength of voice… so be privileged!” I answered as I just smirked.

“Seriously? You just sound big headed right now…”

“I’m being serious! You were really good! The other guys were saying that we harmonised really well” I replied.

“Yeah I was told that too… I was actually quite surprised” she replied while looking behind her to see what Hye-mi was doing.

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO LOVE BIRDS TALKING ABOUT?” Chanyeol shouted which made us both turn around to see that everyone’s attention were now on us.

“Nothing really… just chatting…” I replied at I began to feel nervous again.

“Yeah we were just chatting…” So-ra said as she began to blush.

“Oh come on, it’s not like we are interrogating you both… we just saw how you two were laughing. You looked good together…” said Hyoyeon as she began to smile.

At that moment, So-ra slightly choked as if she was surprised, which she probably was because I was too. I guess they really meant it when they said that they were going to help me…

 

-RINGRING RINGRING-

 

“Oh there’s the bell! I guess we better get going to class then!” exclaimed Kris as he began to get up from his seat. Soon everyone followed suit and we began to make our separate ways to our registration classes.

 

Kim So-ra’s Perspective

As I began to walk to my registration class with Hye-mi we heard people calling our names behin

Please log in to read the full chapter