First Day in a New School

Am I Dreaming?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim So-Ra’s Perspective

I sat down beside Go Hye-mi to meet her smiling face as she grabbed for my hand. As the teacher finished up with the registration he left the class.

“You’re English sounds amazing! You’re accent is so different from Kris’. Well I guess he is from Canada. But you’re British accent is so beautiful!” Go Hye-mi exclaimed as some classmates began to crowd around me in excitement. Even the EXO members came over as well as Girls’ Generation.

“Annyong!”  Seohyun said that made me turn my head. “You know who I am right?” she said with a smile.

“I do, you’re Seohyun right? From Girls’ Generation?” I asked slightly nervous.

“I am!” she exclaimed, happy to hear that I knew of her. “Please talk comfortably with us and we can be friends!” she said while the other girls nodded.

“FRIENDS?” I thought to myself feeling overwhelmed. “Of course!” I said with a slight stutter.

At that moment the bell rang and we made our way to the first class which was dance. I was really looking forward to it.

 

Chen’s Perspective

The bell finally rang for the first lesson and as everyone got up I got a message on my phone.

-BeepBeep-

Message from Lay: Hey Chen! Hurry up and get to the dance class and tell the guys too! There’s a new female student who has transferred from the UK. She is very pretty too!

Reply: We’ll be there soon! Hold up!

“Guys I just got a message from Lay saying that there is a new female student. She must be in his registration class. They say she is pretty to!” I said to the guys as we walked to the dance class. A smile crept over Kai’s face at the words ‘new female’ and ‘pretty’.

“Oh really? What’s here name?” asked Kai with curiosity.

“He didn’t say, but I guess we’ll find out soon enough.”

 

Kim So-Ra’s Perspective

As I walked to my first class with Hye-mi, we began to generally talk about each other’s hobbies and interests to get to know each other better. We both love kpop which is great and we both have the same dream, to become idols. I think this friendship was definitely going to work!

We got to the changing rooms where we had to change out of our uniforms and into our own clothes. Since it was my first day I had not brought any clothes but thankfully Hye-mi had another set of clothes for emergencies that she allowed me to use. We were also of similar size so the clothes fitted perfectly.

 I wore an outfit like this.

As all the girls in my class changed we began to make our way into the huge dance room. Among them were Girls’ Generation, including Seohyun, Yoona and Jessica who I had previously met in my registration class and also Red Velvet. They are a newly formed girl group under the management of SM Entertainment. From first observation, they were definitely pretty. There’s no question about that. But they don’t seem to be the friendly type. They sort of just give me the look as if to say ‘Why are you here?’.

As we walked into the dance studio, I immediately found out that it was a mixed class. I saw the EXO members at the other side of the room and froze for a brief moment. I was going to have to get used to this sometime soon. I mean, I’m going to be seeing them everywhere around here.

“So-Ra? Are you okay? Let’s go over here.” Hye-mi said to me as she gestured her hand over to the empty corner.

“Yeah I’m fine thanks. Don’t worry about me.” I replied.

“Do you know how to dance?” she asked while looking at me.

“Yes, I was actually part of a dance club back in the UK!” I said with a smile as I began to do some simple stretches.

Everyone was waiting for the teacher to arrive. As they waited, some played music and danced along to the music in groups while others just talked and sat on the floor and then there was those fan girls who were constantly following the idol groups who attending this school.

I took my phone out of my pocket and decided to listen to some music with Hye-mi. Since we both love kpop we had many of the same interests in certain groups. We were both able to sing along with the lyrics together while we did our stretches and began to dance.

 

Kai’s Perspective

While all the guys were changing into their dance clothes I kept thinking about how the new girl may look like. She’s from the UK too which made me even more interested. I’ve never met a girl from the UK before.

“Yo guys, let’s go in!” shouted Luhan. Everyone nodded and followed as me and Chen went in last. I began to scan my eyes around the room looking for the new girl.  I couldn’t really see her because of the way everyone was crowding around each other. Maybe she wasn’t here yet. With that, I went over to sit beside the guys who had gone to the opposite side of the dance studio and began to talk to D.O. and Sehun.

 This is the sort of clothes EXO members wore in their dance class.

 

Chen’s Perspective

Secretly, I was looking around the room for the new girl that Lay was talking about earlier. I wasn’t able to see her. I noticed a lot of the guys were doing the same thing. I think we all interested because we had never seen a British girl before. I guess we were probably expecting to see a white girl so she wouldn’t exactly be that hard to find… right?

After a few minutes of just sitting there and talking amongst ourselves, the door opened again and in walked some more students. Out of them I suddenly seen a girl that I hadn’t seen around here before, but as she came more into view my eyes widened and I let out a slight gasp.

“It’s her!” I thought to myself.

Suho noticed that I was looking a bit surprised tried to look in the same direction as my gaze. He noticed that I was looking at the new female student. He came over beside me and asked me what was wrong.

“Hey Chen, why are you looking like that?” Suho asked with curiosity.

“Remember when I told you guys that I saw a really pretty girl a few days ago in that café when we had those bubble teas?” I answered.

“Yeah?” he replied a bit confused.

“Well… that’s her!” I answered still looking in her direction. Suho gave me a surprised look.

 

-FLASHBACK-

“What’s wrong with you tonight?” Kris asked as he noticed that I was being very quiet compared to usual. Kris’ question caught the attention of the other EXO members.

“Nothing! I’m just thinking…” I answered.

“Chen, have you got someone on your mind?” asked Xiumin. All the guys began to smirk at his comment.

“Well… um… yeah? But I don’t who she is” I replied slightly embarrassed.

“How can you not know her? If you’re thinking of her, you surely know her!” exclaimed Luhan.

“Well, not really because it’s a girl I saw earlier today, at the café. I can’t seem to get her off my mind”

“I this hyung in love?” shouted Tao as everyone started laughing. At this moment I began to blush.

“Oh! I think he is!” said Chanyeol and Baekhyun at the same time while smiling.

“Tell us if you see here again, we can help you introduce yourself!” Kai replied as if he had all the experience in the world (which he had).

At this moment I felt an awkwar

Please log in to read the full chapter