Realisation

Am I Dreaming?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chen’s Perspective

I watched So-Ra walk away as she smiled and waved at the other members. When did she ever get so close to them and when did they ever get so close to her? It was only her second day! Why did I feel like I was the only one who wasn’t close to her? Each time I seen her around other guys I just wanted to talk to her. There was an urge inside me to go over to her but that would probably be coming on to strong. But coming back to reality, I found myself being left behind by the other guys as they had already started to walk on ahead of me.

“Hey guys, wait up!” I yelled as I started running after them. How did they get so far in so little time? Was I really in a daze for that long?

“You seemed to be in a daze Chen. Is there by any chance something on your mind?” Kris shouted back while laughing with the other members.

“No of course not! I don’t know what you are talking about!” I said as I came up beside Kai.

“Okay then” said Lay as they smiled again.

Is it just me, or am I missing out on some sort of joke? They have been acting weird all day.

 

~At the Café~

“I’ll have a chocolate bubble tea please” said Sehun as the waitress was taking our orders.

“Make that two!” I said straight after Sehun as the lady just nodded and continued to write in her little notepad.

“Can we have three vanilla bubble teas over here?” Lay said as he gestured between Kris, Luhan and himself.

“Of course! Is that everything then?” she said and we all nodded. “Just wait a few minutes and I’ll be right back with your orders” she answered with a small bow.

As we were waiting on our orders, we began to talk amongst ourselves. We have been coming to this café quite a lot in the past so the workers here are used to seeing us as well as some of the regulars who pop in and out for coffee and pastries. Sometimes all the members come but most of the time it’s just us. The café was slowly beginning to fill up as per usual and there was an increasing group of fans standing outside the windows as they know that we would be here. Just as I was staring outside our orders came.

“Okay so that’s two chocolate bubble teas and three vanilla bubble teas” the lady said as she placed out our drinks in front of us. “Please enjoy!” she said as she bowed and walked off.

“Kamsahamnida!” I said as she left.

“Have any of you guys decided on what you’re going to do for the solo dance on Friday?” said Sehun as he began to take a drink.

“Not yet, but how about we meet up after school tomorrow in one of the dance studios where we can practice? We can let the other guys know too!” Kris said as he looked at us all.

“At least it won’t be that hard for us!” said Kai as he stirred his bubble tea.

We continued to chat and drink for another while until about an hour later when we decided it was time to go.

“We should our manager to come and pick us up. There are a lot of fans out there right now and it’s a bit far to the dorms from here at this time of the day” said Luhan as he took out his phone.

“Yeah that would be a good idea. Sure we can wait here until he comes” Kris said as he sat back down again.

“I’ll pay today guys!” I said as I got out my wallet and made my way over to the cashier desk.

“Thanks Chen!” They said as they waited for their manager.

 

~Back at the dorms~

“Guys we’re back!” shouted Luhan as his voice filled the house.

“Oh hey what took you guys so long?” replied Suho as he walked out to meet them.

“Well there were loads of fans outside and we thought that it would be too late to walk back to the dorms from the café so we had to call the manager to come and pick us up” said Lay.

“And we were also talking to Kim So-Ra!” answered Kai as he smiled.

 

Kai’s Perspective

While I said this I tried to catch a glimpse of Chen’s face. He had already made his way into the kitchen to get himself a drink of water trying not to take much notice of us. But at the mention of So-Ra’s name he instantly stopped what he was doing for a moment and then continued with what he was doing as if nothing had happened.

“Come on Chen you were being totally obvious there!” I thought to myself as I saw how he reacted.

“Really where at?” asked Suho in surprise.

“We met her on our way to the café. She was on her way home” I replied while turning my attention back to Suho.

“What should we get for dinner tonight guys?” D.O. shouted as he walked into the room.

“How about we order some chicken and get it delivered?” I said while giving a face as if to say ‘you better not say no!’

“Okay, so how many? Six?” said Suho.

“Yeah, how about two plain, two seasoned and two spicy?” said D.O. as he nodded.

“Okay I’ll go and order it then and I’ll pay for it guys!” replied Suho as he started to take out his wallet.

Within an hour, the chicken had been delivered and we all sat around the TV and watched the TV together. It wasn’t often that we sat down like this all together. We would either be out practicing or filming a music video or variety show but lately our schedules haven’t been as busy as they usually would be. After an hour or two it was starting to become really late. I looked at the clock on the wall and it said 1:30am. We hadn’t realised that we were talking and watching the TV for so long.

“Guys I think we should go to sleep now, we have to go to school tomorrow!” shouted out Suho making everyone slightly more awake.

“But I’m comfortable, someone carry me!” said Tao as he slightly moved closer to Kris. He stared up into Kris’ eyes giving him a loving look.

“YAH! I’m not carrying you!” Kris yelled back as he pushed him aside. Everyone else laughed and slowly got up from their seats and began to make their way to their bedrooms to get some sleep.

I was one of the last people to leave the room along with Suho who came out last and made sure all the lights were out and the front door was locked.

“Oh yeah Suho, me and the guys are going to stay behind after school tomorrow to practice for the solo dance on Friday. We were going to ask if the rest of the guys were going to come but looks like we forgot” I said as I stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

“Yeah that sounds like a good idea, I’m not actually sure of what I am going to do yet!” said Suho while nodding. 

“It will just be for an hour or two” I replied while starting to walk up the stairs again.

“Okay Kai, I will tell the rest of them tomorrow during breakfast!” he said as he ran up the stairs behind me and swung his arm around my neck.

“Goodnight Suho!” I said to him as I walked on towards my room which was nearly at the end of the hall.

“Goodnight!” I heard Suho shout behind me as I walked into my room.

 

~Next Morning~

“Yo Kris! I have an idea for today!” I said while no one was around.

“About So-Ra?” Kris replied not catching on to what I was referring to.

“Yeah, how about we actually go over to her during free time and talk to her? Our free time is in the morning today” I said with a smile on my face.

“But everyone will see!” Kris answered with a slight look of worry on his face.

“Exactly! This will definitely attract Chen’s attention!”

“Okay!” Kris replied

 

Kim So-Ra’s Perspective

“Ah! Wednesday morning!” I muttered as I woke up.

It was only my third day but I’d felt like so much has happened already. I have made so many great friends, some amazing, some just a little weird and then some totally unexpected! I have to say I loved it here in Korea. But just at that moment I began to think of my friends back home. How were they? What were they doing now? I hope they were doing well! I hope Chloe is doing fine. I kind of miss her…

I got up out of bed and went to get washed up. I did my usual routine as I did every morning. Once I had

Please log in to read the full chapter