A Little Closer?

Am I Dreaming?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim So-Ra’s Perspective

“Karaoke?” I asked as I turned to look at Hye-mi who was already smiling.

“YEAH LET’S GO GUYS! I HAVE A FEW SONGS IN MIND ALREADY!” yelled Baekhyun as he laughed along with Taeyeon and other members.

“Okay  let’s go!” said Suho as he began to walk on with Kai who felt proud at coming up with the idea.

“I guess it won’t be so bad” I thought as I walked on after Hye-mi who was excited jumping along beside me. Just then I noticed most of the members of SNSD and EXO had already walked on ahead of us.

“Yo So-Ra, do you not like karaoke?” asked Kris as he walked beside me.

“No I do! I’m just a little tired” I answered while ruffling my hair.

“Don’t worry it’ll be fun!” he said as he smiled and quickly walked on. I just smiled and laughed a little and followed them along with Hye-mi by my side. Just then Luhan, Xiumin and Chen were also walking beside us.

“Why are you guys not running on with the rest?” Hye-mi asked Luhan as we kept walking on.

“We didn’t want you two walking alone on these streets. All the other girls are with the other members so they’re fine” he replied which made Hye-mi blush.

“That’s so nice! We really appreciate the thought” I said as I smiled as him and the other members.

“You’re welcome” Xiumin butted in as if he was trying to let us know that he was still there. We all laughed together as we got to the karaoke bar.

“Hey guys go on into room number 14 and me and Tiffany will be there soon. We will pay!” said Suho as he and Tiffany stood at the front desk.

“Are you sure? Will it not be very expensive?” I asked concerned about the price.

“Kim So-ra, don’t worry about it!” exclaimed Tiffany as she began to get out her purse while smiling.

 

 ~Half an hour later~

“Where is this song!” shouted Baekhyun in frustration as he kept typing on the control panel.

“Yah! There it is Baekhyun!” shouted Chanyeol as he pointed at the screen while hitting Baekhyun’s shoulder. The song began to play and the two of them jumped up and grabbed the microphones.

“I love this song!” yelled Hyoyeon as she bounced in her seat with Yuri who was sitting beside her.

“Everybody get up! This is such a beat!” shouted Chanyeol through the microphone.

At that moment they began to sing along with the music and trying to dance the choreography of the song. I didn’t know they could be such fun to be around. I never knew that I could see this side of them, it was brilliant. They were all just like normal people having a fun night out, even though they are idols that is. At that moment I was pulled up by Kai who was already dancing.

“So-ra sing some of the song!” shouted Chanyeol as he handed the microphone to me. I took the microphone from his hands and waited for the main part of the song to come on. It was ‘Venus’ by Shinhwa so I basically knew this song off by heart!

“YOU’RE MY LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE VENUS!” I began to sing while dancing as well. After a while of crazy singing and dancing we all sat down and had a drink before we started a new song.

 I love this song!

“How long did you rent the room for?” Seohyun asked as she took her glass and sipped her drink.

“A few hours” replied Tiffany as she lay back in the seat.

“Kris how about you sing a song?” I asked as I also took a drink.

“Yeah Kris you should sing an English one!” exclaimed Luhan.

“Okay guys if you really want me to, I will sing” he replied as he got up dusted off his shoulder. He took a moment to type a song and then he pressed play.

“I know this!” I yelled as I smiled. “It’s The Script, Hall of Fame.”

“Yah I love this song!” he said as he lifted the microphone.

“STANDING IN THE HALL OF FAME! AND THE WORLD’S GONNA KNOW YOUR NAME!”

“WOOO!” go Kris yelled Jessica as she fist pumped the air.

Everyone got up and danced along while Kris sang and rapped. Next, it was D.O.’s turn. Both him and Yoona sang a song together by Akdong Musician, Give Love.

“WOAH-OH-OH-OH, WOAH-OH-OH-OH!” they began to sing together.

They sounded really good together. Well, so I thought anyway. After about half an hour and a few more songs it was Chen’s turn. I didn’t know what he was going to sing and neither did he.

“YAH! ALL THE GOOD SONGS HAVE BEEN SUNG!” he said as he picked up the controls.

“Why don’t you sing a ballad?” said Lay as he looked at us for support.

“Yeah! We have been singing upbeat songs all night!” exclaimed Hye-mi who had already sung earlier.

“I haven’t sung a song by myself yet… how about we sing together?” I said as I got up.

 

Baekhyun’s Perspective

I was sitting beside Taeyeon the whole night as we had been singing and dancing. But did I just hear that right? Did So-ra want to sing with Chen?

“Yah Taeyeon!” I whispered. “Does So-ra really want to sing with Chen?”

“It seems so!” she replied while whispering. “Maybe you guys really don’t need to make him jealous”

 

Kai’s Perspective

Sing together? Did I just hear that right? Perhaps… does So-ra like Chen? So we don’t have to try and make him jealous?

“Do you think So-ra likes Chen?” I asked Suho who was sitting beside me.

“I don’t know, but maybe we should just leave them for a while to see. If we can make an excuse sometime on leaving them alone” he replied while sipping his drink.

 

Chen’s Perspective

“I haven’t sung a song by myself yet… how about we sing together?” So-ra asked me as she got up from her seat and made her way to me.

“Um… sure? Why not!” I replied without hesitation. This could finally be the time for us to make a proper connection. We have only used small talk with each other, but nothing serious.

“What are you going to sing?” she asked while smiling and looking at the screen.

“I don’t know yet. What songs do you like?” I asked with curiosity.

“How abo

Please log in to read the full chapter