Will You Go To The Prom With Me?

Am I Dreaming?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chen’s Perspective

Okay, today is the day I am going to ask So-ra to the prom and I’m starting to feel nervous. I have never done anything like this before. This week in school I have already got a huge number of confessions and questions from girls wanting to go to prom with me. I felt kind of bad rejecting them all but what else could I do?

I walked into the school at about 8:00am in the morning with the rest of the guys and none of them had any idea on what I going to do today. Only Luhan…. We all walked in together and yet again we were greeted by more girls and some of them were actually the same from before. I suppose they were hopeful in case we would change our minds and then swoop them off their feet. We hate to break all their hearts every time, but we have really began to get used to it with being huge idols and all. That’s life I suppose. We made our way further into the school to find SNSD who seemed to also be having a whole set of problems on their own. Guys were crowding around them all the same way as the girls did to us. We had to admit that it was kind of funny to watch. Yuri looked like she was really stressing…

“Come on Yuri babe! I know we could be together; we are made from each other! Do you not feel it?” A boy asked who was holding out flowers towards her.

“Umm… I’m sorry but it’s not that I don’t want to go with you, it’s just that none of us are going to the prom with anyone… we are just going together as friends.” She replied to him and he was clearly heartbroken.

“Don’t worry… I understand…” he answered.

“Really? Thank you for understanding!” she replied as her face had ‘relief’ written all over it.

“You just aren’t ready yet…”

“WHAT? NO YOU DON-“

“I really do understand… I will ask you again soon when you are ready. Until next time Yuri.” the boy spoke as he walked off leaving Yuri with hanging wide open in shock.

“These guys just don’t give up…” she said as she looked over at us. “YAH! STOP LAUGHING YOU GUYS!”

We seriously couldn’t stop laughing. She had a face on her that was still shocked but it had now turned into a slight shade of pink. She was so embarrassed! After about five minutes the crowds had slowly dissipated and we were finally left alone with each other so we could finally be able to actually say hello to each other. We all made our way to our normal place and sat down.

As I sat down, I took out my phone and began to text So-ra and while doing it I caught eye contact with Luhan. He looked back as if to say ‘You can do it!’

 

-Message to Kim So-ra-

Hey So-ra! As soon as you come into school this morning can you meet me at the school gardens? I will be sitting on the bench close to the fountain so I won’t be that hard to find! :) See you soon hopefully!

-End of message-

 

Kim So-ra’s Perspective

I was walking my way to school. It just felt like a normal school day. The hordes of people at either side of me were continuously bustling past me as if there was no tomorrow. I sometimes like to use this time to think… not about any particular thing. Just about anything really. It was nice to smell the crisp cold air of the winter and wrap myself tighter into the scarf which was secured around my neck. I had finally came to the entrance of the school and I was about to walk on until I heard my phone.

 

-BEEP BEEP-

 

-Message from Chen-

Hey So-ra! As soon as you come into school this morning can you meet me at the school gardens? I will be sitting on the bench close to the fountain so I won’t be that hard to find! :) See you soon hopefully!

-End of message-

 

“Come and meet me?” I asked myself in confusion. “Why on earth does he want to meet me?”

Without thinking anymore, I began to walk on through the entrance of the school and I slowly began to make my way closer to the school gardens. I was trying to make my way through the crowds of people in the hallways until I finally came to the doors that led outside. I went outside and began to walk along the pathway which was lined with cute little hedges on each side. Since it was winter, no matter where you looked, you could see the glistening layer of frost that covered each and every leaf and petal of all greenery in the garden. It was a beautiful scene. I loved winter. As I continued to walk past other students, I finally came to fountain and I took a look all around to see if I could try and find Chen. My eyes caught sight of a person sitting on a bench about 15 metres from where I was standing.

“That must be him!” I said quietly to myself as I began to walk over to him.

But as I got closer, what surprised me even more was that he had a huge bunch of flowers! Was he waiting for someone else too? What are the flowers for?

 

Chen’s Perspective

It’s been fifteen minutes already… did she get my text? Is she even coming to meet me? Oh god… what if I’m just left here awkwardly with this huge bunch of flowers! What if I embarrass her too much? Did I go overboard? No I didn’t… I mean this is pretty mild compared to how some other guys have asked girls to the Christmas prom. Some of them even dance

Please log in to read the full chapter