Ch. 2 Pt. 3

Feelings Change

           Mrs. Kim interrupted the little celebration, "Okay guys, that enough for initiation, but I must say you guys are quite something. I'm glad to have you guys in this program!" 

The boys bowed and thanked her. She clapped her hands together and gave the class intructions.

          "Get into your groups and please continue off where you left off yesterday. Be ready to present tomorrow! As for you guys..." Mrs. Kim took the boys to the side and talked to them in private, most likely discussing what's happening.

          At the beginning of the school year, you guys were all to make groups of two to twelve. You decided to pair up with only Jin Ae. It wasn't because you didn't want to interact or open up with the other people, it was the hassle of evenly dividing parts amogst the group. Also it was hard to find people since some had other preferences, such as being strictly singing-based, dance-based, or both. The two of you went for both singing and dancing since you balanced each other out, your forte being dance, her's singing.

         Each month, every group is required to come up with a minute and a half to two minute routine, minimum. At the end of every month, each group must perform their routine to the whole class. Grading was split into three categories: dance-based, singing-based, and both. Dance performances are graded by originality, coordination, and cleanliness. Singing performances are graded by originality and vocals, such a steadiness, tone, and projection. Those doing both were required to meet all or most of the criteria, no exception. Those who get the lowest grade of each category or who fail to meet the deadline are given punishment, which is to clean the whole studio and auditorium. Originally it was only the studio, but Mrs. Kim's husband, Coach Kim, managed to convince her to use her students to his own benefit. 

Since tomorrow was the deadline, you and Jin Ae were steadily working to fix up your routine.

"Eunjae-ah, how are we going to set ours apart from the rest?"

"We could be like K-Tiger and do martial arts tricking."

"Hahahaha good one. you know I can't even do a cart wheel."

"Hmm... Oh, I got one! How about acapella?"

            "I don't think we could pull off being an acapella group with just the two of us. And besides, we already have our arrangement."

           "But we could always do a recording instead, we'll just mention it's acapella. And you know how we end with the chorus? We could remove the instrumental and do acapella with stepping and beat boxing."

"Oooh, that's not such a bad idea!"

"Excuse you."

            "Well yeah, we ARE going to have to stay up all night recording ourselves. I mean, we can't do it here, it's way too loud. Be sure to call your mom and ask if you can sleep over. "

            "Yeah you right, but we already she's going to say yes. Let's fix the end of the choreo."

 "And FYI, you're doing the beat boxing."

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on making me the main vocal, that's all you."

​            You two dressed out to get ready to practice. Since everyone was close and mature about everything, changing in public wasn't an issue. The girls normally wore spandex and sports bras or tanks underneath their clothing anyways. You stripped off your blouse and at the corner of you eyes, you noticed Jungkook looking at you with the most surprised look on his face. The moment you turned, Jungkook quickly looked away. His ears were as red as a strawberry. What was that all about? Has he never seen a girl half before? you thought to yourself. Oh shoot he went to a private school so he probably hasn't, in person that is... Oops... Should I Apologize? Wait what the no that's weird. I'll just be more careful next time.

           After working for approximately an hour, you received permission from Mrs. Kim to be excused early. You called your mom to let her know that you'd be staying at Jin Ae's house overnight, as expected she approved. You guys headed straight to Jin Ae's. You didn't have to worry about picking up your things at your place; since the two of you often slept over, you guys just left extra clothes and toothbrushes at each others house.

            You arrived at the front door of the Park residence. Jin Ae rummaged through her bag to find her keys. She opened the door and you guys went in. As you walked in, you were welcomed with the shouting of Jin Ae's mom at the television screen. Her favorite melodrama was on.

"Eomma, I'm home~ I brought Eunjae over." 

"You're home early, are you girls hungry? I made BBQ." asked Mrs. Park in between sobs.

"You want to eat?" Jin Ae whispered to you. You shook your head.

"Maybe later mom. We're pretty busy tonight, we'll be in the basement if you need us." 

            You made your way around the house and down to the basement. Thanks to Jin Ae's constant pestering, she had convinced her dad to turn the dusty old basement into a soundproof recording studio. No, her dad's not a music producer or anything, just your ordinary Joe construction worker. You guys set your stuff down on the ground and pulled out the music recording of your instrumental.

"So," Jin Ae started, "how are we going to do this?"

"Well first of all, we need to figure out who does what. For obvious reasons, you'll do the back vocals and I'll do the beats."

"Hold up let me write this down just in case," she reached over to her bag and took out a mini notebook and a pen, "okay continue."

"Since you can reach the lower notes better, you can do the bass."

......

           You finished discussing the parts and proceeded with individual recording. After hours of pain and agony, the two of you finally succeeded in developing your acapella arrangement. You saved your work into your iPod and burned in onto a CD, just in case.

"Aisshh, let's never do this again," sighed Jin Ae.

           "Ugh forreal though, what were we thinking? Honestly..." Your stomach started to growl, "Let's go get some food."

            You picked up your things and went up to the main floor. After filling your stomachs to your hearts content, the two of you retreated to Jin Ae's room. Her room was honestly the cutest thing in the world to you. The walls were painted pastel blue and the floors were covered in baby pink carpet. The walls were covered with posters of her favorite musicians and from the ceiling hung photos of you and her, other friends, random photos of nature she took, and greeting cards. You placed your things to the side and sank into a fuzzy blue beanbag chair specially reserved for you. Jin Ae plopped her body onto her bed, stomach down.

           "Eunjae-Ah~~ it's been so long since we've hung out like this."

"It's been a week."

Jin Ae had completely ignored your comment and continued talking.

"We need to have girl talk! Be completely honest, what do you think of those boys?"

 


If this was the face you pictured in your head, then you are absolutely 10000% correct~! The gif belongs to @jeonbabo on tumblr (-: if you can't see it, it's the face Kookie made in AHL when the guys told him to "Look straight fool" like aye lmao 

****ALSO****

Ill be using this gif every time I'm about to add a new character, both major and minor (-:

Okay just to clarify that it IS an after school program, but it's also a class ya feel.  I went back to the previous chapters to add a few things. I needed to mention that the program is two and a half hours long. Also I've just realized that it's been six "chapters" and it's only been one day dear Jesus ㅠㅠ so I've decided on having each chapter be at least 3 parts. I was just going to make each chapter super long like an actual novel but you guys might get bored if each individual page is too long ;-;

 

A/N: The studio and auditorium are connected

So I'm thinking of writing another story, because I just came up with an idea for a 1st person action story :'D Please look forward for it~