Ch. 5 Pt 3

Feelings Change

           Fifthteen minutes had passed but Jin Ae and Hyun Ki hasn't returned from getting food. You thought it was about time to take a break from practicing and break the ice.

"Hey, let's take five," you suggested. You were about to continue talking but Jungkook cut you off.

"Good idea. Where's the restroom?" he asked as he stood up, stretching his arms in the air.

"Oh go upstairs and to your right is a hall, go down the hall and it's your second left."

"Thanks."

"No problem." You continued to practice your part while you waited for him to return. Not long after, he came back into the room.

"Hey Eunjae-"

           Your body shook since you weren't aware of his return, "Oh jesus christ!" you turned to him with a surprised expression on your face, holding onto your chest, "Please don't scare me like that.."

"Why were you so shocked? Were you doing something I shouldn't know about?" a mischievous grin formed on his mouth.

"What the heck, no. You just came back faster than expected. Girl's take forever in there."

"Well guys pee fast," he noted and shrugged his shoulders.

          "Gee, thanks for the info," you said sarcastically, brushing your hair back. "You know, we should start getting to know each other more. Nothing big, just our interests and stuff." Jungkook agreed and after a series of questions followed by answers, you've used this opportunity to ask him something that's been on your mind since he's first transferred to your school.

          "So I've been meaning to ask you, what was it like back at your old school? You don't have to answer this if it's too personal." He remained silent for a while until he finally spoke up.

          "As you can already guess, it was stress inducing. Waking up at 5:30 in the morning to get to school and staying out until 10PM at cram school. When I returned home, my parents wanted me to study my hardest, so that lasted until 2AM. You know there's the saying 'If you sleep three hours a night, you may get into a top 'SKY university;' If you sleep four hours each night, you may get into another university; if you sleep five or more hours each night, especially in your last year of high school, forget about getting into any university.'"

"Was that what you wanted? To get into SKY, that is. How'd you manage to balance dancing and singing in between all of this?"

           He let out a sigh and shook his head, "Honestly, it wasn't. It was what my parents wanted. I never had any thoughts of objecting them, I just wanted to make them proud, I still do." he placed his hands behind his head and lay on the floor, tapping the side next to him for you to take. You lay right beside him, shoulder length apart, while the both of you stared at the ceiling. "And with dancing and singing, that was the thing. It conflicted with everything. My parents didn't mind me having a hobby, but they didn't want me to be so engrossed in it. My schedule was filled with studying 24/7 the only time I managed to express myself through dance was during break, and that's how I met the rest of BTS. We found each other; let it be in the bathroom cubicle singing or on the rooftop dancing. After that, the roof just became our spot. We thought that as long as we had these twenty minutes to escape reality, we'd survive. If we were lucky, we were able to rent studios on the weekend. Although we weren't completely satisfied, we it up. However, after the administration changed and banned anything fun, that's when we knew we had to get out. We rebelled against the head of the school. It's crazy you know? After enough trial and error, we were finally granted a leave. It was like miracles in March."

"How'd your parents feel about that?"

          "They weren't too happy with my decision," Jungkook chuckled, "especially my dad. He went complete ape and even threatened to disown me. Surprisingly he did manage to calm down and after that we all sat down to have 'the talk'. After talking and clearing up any kind of misunderstanding, they finally gave in. They knew that performing was my passion, ever since I was a child and they let me go. They only want the best for me. Behind their smiles and encouragement, I knew they were extremely disappointed in me. It saddened me, really, seeing my parents upset because of what I wanted. And because of that, I've come to the conclusion that I'll make them proud of my decision and I'll prove to them that this is the right path for me. As cheesy as it sounds, one day I'll be on that stage with my team and I will be able to proudly say to them 'Look, Eomma, Appa, I've made it.'"

          "Wow, you guys are quite something... I'm more than positive that I would have done the same." The two of you shared a moment of silence, but it was cut short by Jungkook's abruptness. He threw his body up, with an embarrassed smile; he ran his fingers along his bangs and rested his hand on his forehead.

"Aigoo, I can't believe I just told you all that..."

          "There's nothing to be embarrassed about," you rubbed his back to console him, "I think your story is very admirable. I think, no, I know one day you'll reach your dreams and your parents will be more than proud of what a wonderful son they have. And of course, I'll be your guys' biggest fan." You flashed a smile at Jungkook who was now looking flushed.

          "Now let me ask you something," he muttered, "I know you don't really partake in interacting with others, so why are you so interested in getting to know me?" You didn't know what it was, it was probably the heat of the moment, but Jungkook had just leaned his face in closer to yours. You were now face to face, lips five centimeters apart, your eyes widened. You wanted to back away but the sudden shock left you paralyzed.


DID THIS ESCALATE TOO QUICKLY? GOMEN. This is slowly straying away from my original plot line. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know in the last chapter what I had originally planned ;u; This story is no where near ending yet, though LOL Oh yeah, I start school tomorrow, so you know what that means~~~ SLOW UPDATES YEAH! :'D

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT THE MV TRAILER THO MY HEART IS ON FIYAAAAHHH BANGTAN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!?!?! /insert Taehyung's part in Boy in Luv/ I AM SO ING WET OH MY GOD ARMYS PLS HOLD ME I'M SOBBING This comeback is going to ruin my first month of school tbh. I literally stay up the night the countdown is ending aND THE RELEASE IS ON THE 20TH MEANING I HAVE TO STAY UP ON THE 19TH GOODBYE SCHOOL