Ch. 2 Pt. 2

Feelings Change

          All the boys had a puzzled look on their faces. They looked at each other, wondering what it was until Namjoon finally raised his hand and asked what "initiation" was. Mrs. Kim explained carefully to the boys.

          To be quite honest, initiation wasn't really anything special. There wasn't a mini hunt or expedition, no trial of the fittest, nothing out of the ordinary, but you wished there was. All you had to do was showcase one or more of your talents to the class. Boring, huh? But even so, the boys looked excited, like a group of puppies. 

          They whispered amongst themselves, planning on what they should do.

          "Does it have to be individual talents, or do we have the option of doing a group thing?" Namjoon asked.

          "It really doesn't matter," Mrs. Kim replied, " as long as you're able to show your talent to its fullest, then you should be fine. Don't do something that may water yourself down. For example, Jin, you stated how dancing wasn't your forte right? So it'd be best to focus on your singing abilities rather than dancing. However, I'm not saying that you shouldn't pursue in dance, just for the sake of this showcase, we'd like to see your talent to its fullest potential."

          Mrs. Kim always believed it was better to focus on being good at one thing at a time, rather than tackling multiple things at once. She still encouraged students to open their minds and reach out to different things, just as long as you were able to prioritize your talents. You agreed with her opinion

          Jungkook and his friends finished discussing what they were planning. They decided to split into two groups. Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin, and Hoseok as one group, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jin as another. Namjoon's group announced that they were to perform two pieces. The first was a remix they made of Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools" which they titled "School of Tears" and Common's "Celebrate" titled "Adult Child". They stated that "School of Tears" main focus was Namjoon's and Yoongi's rapping while "Adult Child" had a better focus of Jin's vocals and a little bit of dancing. Yoongi pulled out his iPod and asked Jungkook for his speakers. 

          The moment they started you were instantly hooked, from beginning to end of both performances. Just in a few minutes, they were able to perfectly address social problems that you were all about. You were surprised by how deep and meaningful the lyrics were, especially in "Adult Child" since it had such a feel-good beat and melody to it. You found their choice and order of songs to be quite clever. "School of Tears" which addressed the stress and conflicts within schools fit perfectly in their situation of the whole transfer thing. Also considering that they would be going to graduate this year, ending with "Adult Child" was spot on. The fact that they wrote these lyrics themselves left you even more amazed and intrigued. Your mind-sets were at the same or about the same wave length.

          You were so dazed by their performance that you had forgotten that Jungkook's group was up until you heard someone start rapping. It was Jungkook. After his verse, they broke into dance. You found this choreo to be more enjoyable than the first group's "Adult Child" though they were both equally cute.

          While you were listening, you recognized the song to be Mariah Carey's "Beautiful" except with different lyrics. Although the lyrics were cute, it didn't grab your attention as much as their voices did. Their voices were just so... captivating. While the first group made you think more, ending with this left you feeling good with yourself; it left such a positive vibe. It was such a great balance. Everything was so well planned.

          By the end of their initiation, everyone was cheering. They took off their shoes and threw it towards them. The seven of them looked really pleased with the reaction they received. Giant smiles covered their faces. Looking at them, you couldn't help but feel so proud of them. You couldn't believe that such talent was on the verge of being wasted, but they managed to break free. 

 

 


Sorry if it's boring again ;______; it's also short >A<;;

I wanted to focus solely on their predebut work rather than debut because in a sense, this is where they first start. Idk if that makes any sense to you, but hopefully it will as the story progresses. I used beautiful even though it was after their debut because V wasn't in any of their predebut work /cries ㅠㅠ for rapmon suga and Jin, I couldn't pick between the two songs because both are so gr8 so I decided to use both and work with it LOL

as I was writing this, I got lost near the middle and I didn't know how to progress it or how to end the chapter. Hopefully it's not too awkward.. I might be milking this too much... This was always my bad habit as a writer I s2g

I hope you guys are enjoying my story so far >.<

if there's any grammatical errors, I apologize, this was a bit rushed