Chapter 6

Feelings Change

            Upstairs, a booming slam shook the house. You came back to your senses and quickly jerked away from Jungkook's face before anything happened. Judging from his facial expression, Jungkook seemed to be surprised himself.

"Th-that must be Jin Ae and Hyun Ki," you stuttered, avoiding eye contact with him.

            "Eunjae! Jungkook!" Jin Ae called from above, "we're home!" Their footsteps were closing in to the basement door, and the door knob turned. "We brought chicken and beer!" cheered Jin Ae as she walked down into the studio room.

Hyun Ki slapped his sister's shoulder. "Don't worry, it's just juice and soda."

            "Oh yeah," Jin Ae started, "we ran into some people, so we brought over some guests." Behind her entered six extra bodies; it was BTS.

"H-hyungs! What are you doing here?" Jungkook stood up, still flustered.

"Wae? We can't be here after being invited?" asked Yoongi as he made his way down.

"N-no that's not wh-"

            Jimin jumped into the room and shouted, "What's this?! Jungkook was alone in a room with Eunjae?! You guys weren't doing anything inappropriate were you?!"

"Hyung please!"

            "Calm down you guys, especially you Jimin," Namjoon pushed Jimin's head down for him to sit, "you know he's just joking, Jungkook, no need to be nervous."

"Yeah..."

"Unless..." he raised one eyebrow in curiosity, "something did happen."

           "Don't worry, nothing happened to your precious Jungkook," you confirmed, half lying, "He must not be used to being alone with the opposite gender. Especially one he just met."

            "Okay enough with the awkward questions and let's enjoy ourselves," without knowing it, Jin Ae just saved you and Jungkook. They all circled around and you used this moment as a chance to sit away from Jungkook, placing yourself in between Jin Ae and Hyun Ki. The ten of you indulged yourselves into the chicken, drinks, and other snacks. You wanted to break the tension between you and Jungkook so you did the only thing possible. While everyone was busy talking and laughing, you pulled out your phone to text Jungkook.

            "Hey, we need to talk" You didn't want to take him out the room as it would only raise more suspicion. You waited for him to receive and reply to your message.

"Yeah... I'm sorry about before" he sent and another one followed, "I don't know what got into me"

            You didn't know if it was an appropriate question to ask, but you asked anyways, "You don't like me.. Do you?" You slightly eyed him to see his reaction. He read the text and let out a small cough before answering. He started typing, but he backspaced his message. It went on for a while until he finally sent you a reply. Your heart started beating a bit faster when you felt the vibration against your thigh. You felt nervous as you unlocked your phone and entered your messages.

           "I really don't know. I don't think I can say that I like you since we just met.. But I think I might be interested. Maybe. Idk. It's only been a few days so I can't say for sure" After reading, another text was sent, "What about you?" You didn't know what to say.  You hesitated just like he did, you were confused about it yourself. Instead of sending your answer into small fractions, you decided to think of your answer thoroughly and send it all at once.

            "Just as you said it before, I don't know since we just met. I don't know, but there is something about you that catches my eye. Even if I'm not even 50% sure that I like you, I know for a fact that I respect you and the rest of BTS. And because of that, I don't want to confuse that respect for interest. You feel me? Let's not let that small confusion we had earlier affect our current friendship. I don't want to be awkward with you so let's forget it."  

            "yeah I think so too" The two of you looked at each other and exchanged smiles. Luckily for the two of you, the tension disappeared. Normally you hate making up with others over text because you're not there physically to feel the tension and awkwardness go away, but since you guys technically made up in person, it all worked out. After a while, Hoseok brought up your collaboration with Jungkook.

           "So how's the collab going? Is it possible to ask for a sample?" he asked gleefully. You couldn't say no to him, so you accepted his request and set up the instrumental. The two of you only sang thirty seconds of the song since it was going to be a surprise. The remaining eight gave you guys a round of applause for your mini performance.

            "That reminds me," interrupted Namjoon," we need to discuss Jungkook's schedule since he's doing something with both us and Eunjae." After a long debate about who gets what days and what works best with Jungkook, you were able to reach a conclusion. On Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays, BTS gets Jungkook and on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, you get him starting next week. Since BTS has yet to find another solid practice area outside of school, they get more time with Jungkook on the weekdays, and since you can use Jin Ae's studio, you'll have less days during school and take him on Saturdays. The only catch to completely filling up his schedule is that he gets to pick which days he wants to take a break from without anyone complaining.

            It started to get late, so the boys left and said their farewells with hugs and handshakes. You were going to sleep over with Jin Ae, and since it was a Friday you stayed behind. The three of you cleaned up the room, making sure it was spotless. After finishing up, you guys headed straight to bed.


Well this chapter wasn't awkward and rushed at all LOL I was supposed to post this on Saturday, but I had homework lmao. ANYWAYS I survived my first week of school, it was pretty great actually, except for the fact that I started my calc class with an F! ㅠㅠ I forgot to do my summer homework thtrvhyjhyy BUT I did manage to preorder my BTS Dark&Wild album, so I'm not that upset hehehe ^^

@DebiiJr: thank you for showing my story love! I'll try my best to update as much as I can huehue hue~

@seob_fire: omg forreal!! IMA BE SO DEAD ON WEDNESDAY AND YAAS THAT WAS FROM WIKI I forgot to mention it in my author notes thanks for catching it LMAOOO