Ch. 5 Pt. 2

Feelings Change

"Jeon Jungkook!" you ran out to the hall and called out to him before he got to far, "Wait up!"

He stopped in his place, turning his head and his body followed, "Eunjae, what's up?"

          You ran quickly walked towards him, pushing your hair behind your ear, "Well, Jin Ae's not here today, so I thought I'd take this chance to get to know you a bit more."

"Wow, is Jin Ae really your only friend?"

"I guess you can say that. I talk to Hyun Ki here and there."

"So, you plan on hanging out us?"

"If that's okay with you, that is."

           He took a step, beckoning you forward. The two of you walked through the student filled hallways. Instead of going to the cafeteria like you and Jin Ae usually do, Jungkook went straight to the opposite direction.

"You're not getting lunch?" you asked as you turned your head ever so slightly towards the direction of the lunchroom and back to Jungkook.

"Nah," he answered casually, "Jin always brings us homemade lunch. Pretty convenient, huh?"

"Oh I see.." 

          He quickly saw to it that you had no food on you, rubbing his hand behind his neck he reassured you, "Oh uhm, don't worry about you food or anything," he chuckled, "I'll share mine with you. I'm sure the guys would do the same." You reached the top of the school where you were greeted by six of his friends. You quickly apologized for being such an inconvenience, but none of them seemed to have mind.

          "It's nice seeing this kid interact with others, he's usually quiet," Hoseok said with a bright smile on his face, looking like a proud parent as he pinched Jungkook's fluffy cheeks.

          "Jungkook was always the most popular one!" chirped Jimin, sticking a piece of chip into his mouth. Jungkook wasn't kidding when he said Jin prepares lunch for them. He brought out a cute little picnic basket and with a cute pink checkered blanket, laying everything down. Jungkook pulled a sandwich out from the basket, hovering it close to your face, offering you the first bite. You gladly accepted his offer and brought your face in to have a taste.

"Wah?! Jungkookie's sharing his food?!" Jimin called out in awe, "You never share with me!" He sat there sulking and whined to Jungkook.

          "Hyung get off me," he struggled to release himself from the clingy Jimin, "and besides, she doesn't have any food." You were aware that he was being courteous, though hearing Jimin's comment made you feel a tad bit guilty.

          "She can share with me too!" Taehyung sang, scooting himself close to you with the most precious smile on his face. Looking at his face, how could you possibly say no? 

          "So I'm guessing you and our Jungkook started talking after, ahem, that day?" Jin covered his mouth with his fist letting out a nervous chuckle, as if he had just landed on a minefield. Not awkward at all. There wasn't anything to be awkward about, but if you witnessed an ex-couple's quarrel, who'd blame him? Certainly not you.

          "Yeah, when he jumped in I was pretty shocked," you recalled the little event, "after that I asked doing a collab with you guys was possible, but he said you were pretty busy with your own thing. So, he offered to do a duet with me instead. We're currently working out the details right now."

"What about Jin Ae?" asked Namjoon.

          "She said she wasn't interested, but she'd do the camera work and editing for us," you explained, "Also, she's not at school today, that's kind of the main reason I'm here."

          "In any case, you and Jin Ae are always welcome to hang out with us~" Hoseok informed you cheerfully, all seven of them nodded in agreement. The eight of you continued to eat some and talk some. You managed to become more acquainted with the boys as lunch passed by.

           When it was time to work on the project, you called Jin Ae to let her know you were coming over. You concluded that you could just borrow her basement since it wasn't neccessary to be at the studio where it was loud and full of other students. After receiving an okay, Jungkook sent a group text to the rest of BTS letting them know that he was working with you today.

"Wait, does she know I'm coming over too?" Jungkook asked worriedly.

          "Don't stress it," you reassured him, "She'll like the surprise." He looked at you with a confused expression but just went along with it. You rang the doorbell, waiting for Jin Ae or her mom to answer. The door was ajar and you were welcomed by a smiling Jin Ae, upon noticing Jungkook to your side, a small smirk formed at the corner of . You entered the household and removed your shoes.

"Jin Ae you mind if w--"

          She stopped you midsentence, "I already know, and yes you can. By the way my mom went to the gym with her friends, so the only food we have is cereal and a few snacks in the cabinet. I should probably text Hyun Ki to buy food before he comes home..." She lead you two to the basement with her eyes stuck to her phone as she proceeded to text her brother. Jungkook eyeballed the room in amazement.

          "Pretty neat, huh?" she snapped him back into reality, "You can just throw your things on the ground. Make yourself at home. Eunjae, I'm meeting up with my brother, don't make him feel too uncomfortable in my lovely abode. See ya~" She bolted up the stairs and out the house. Being with Jungkook alone in a house was pretty awkward for you. It had a completely different atmosphere compared to being at school. You didn't want to dampen the mood, so you tried to break the ice that was slowly forming.

"So..." you started, "We should totally start practicing!" Smooth Eunjae, real smooth.

"Aha, yeah." And with that, the two of you went straight to work.


MY HEART JUST EXPLODED WITH THE PRE-STREAMING OH DEAR LORD SAVE ME

@seob_fire: shout out to everyone not attending kcon :')