Chapter 5

Feelings Change

          For once, you were actually early to class, meaning you've arrived there earlier than Jin Ae and more than half the class. You entered class and saw Jungkook already in his seat, you didn't expect him to be an early riser. You headed to your seat and exchanged greetings as you sat down. You turned to face Jungkook who had ears buds in while what seemed to be drawing on a blank sheet of printer paper. You were going to furthur discuss the project, but you didn't want to disturb him. Instead, you continued to examine his drawing, he was so into it. Three minutes later he was finally aware of you watching him. 

He raised his head and noticed you watching, "What up?" he asked while removing one ear bud.

"Hm? Oh nothing, just continue drawing, I want to see how it looks finished," just as he didn't notice you, you didn't notice yourself staring.

          "Alright then," he put his ear bud back into his ear and continued to doodle on his paper. To be quite honest, he wasn't that good, it looked like the type of drawing an elementary student makes for his mom to put up on the fridge. As you scanned him you noticed he even had a set of markers right next to him. He looked like an absolute child. Seeing this image caused you to let out a little snort.

          Even with his ears occupied, he managed to hear you. Without looking up or halting his process, he said, "Pretty good, huh?" Was he being serious? You couldn't quite tell nor did you know whether or not to say your honest opinion.

          "Yeah, it's cute," you replied. You weren't completely lying, but it wasn't the whole truth. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good. It was the type of thing where the amount of effort was more important than his actual skill. You had to admit, it was pretty adorable. There was five minute until class started. You slipped a sheet of paper out from underneath his arm.

          "May I join you?" you asked as you proceeded to sketch on it. The two of you sat there drawing in silence. Jungkook had just finished his "masterpiece" and waited for you to be done with yours.

          "You finished yet?" he asked impatiently. Aside from dancing and singing, he was quite into drawing as well. An all-around artist, the same could be applied to you.

           "Just a sec..." you were just adding the finishing touches, although you didn't give it a clean line art, "..and... done!" Most of the time your drawings are just rough sketches. You traded papers and evaluated each other's work.

           "Mine's better than yours, huh?" you asked teasingly. He continued to examine it, tilting his head and holding as if he was a critic in an art museum. Finally, a response.

"Nope," he placed your drawing on his desk and announced it with the straightest face ever.

Disagreeing, you rolled your eyes and soffed at his comment, "And just what makes yours better?"

          "The creativity," he stated bluntly before expanding, "Sure yours might look better style wise, but it's boring. Anyone could learn to draw with the same style as you,or anyone at that matter. It's what you do with it that makes it good. You draw an animal, so what? You draw a portrait, big deal. Anyone can learn to do that. Anyone can learn the basic of baking a cake, but with that knowledge, why not make something of your own? Why follow the same steps, decorate it differently. What one can't do is copy someone's creativity, it's all different from person to person. Adding personality to it is what makes it stand out. The same goes with dance, you can learn how to pop, you can learn a choreo, but so can everyone else. Make the dance yours, add your own style into it and own it. This applies to everything else. You could be good at something, but once you add your character to it, it becomes amazing."

           "Fair enough," you were quite smitten by his input. Early in the morning and you already learned something from and about him. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind." The bell rang for class to start, and you've noticed that Jin Ae has yet to arrive. "That girl better not be ditching..." you whispered to yourself.

           Mr. Woo entered the class, holding a pink brown box. "Alright class, it's time to pick your new seats. When I call you up, please come up and pick out a paper slip." Every other fourth month, the class is required to switch their seating arrangements. The first month was August, then December, now April. Since Mr. Woo was a math teacher, he certainly didn't make it easy on anyone, or half the class that is. Unlike getting the normal, pick a number and find the matching pair, one slip had a math equation, while the other was the answer along with the seat number. 

           You were called up to the front and as you dove your hand into the box, you prayed to the heavens that you didn't get an equation. You pressed your lips into a thin line as you unfolded the paper. And... Oh Jesus Christ... Luckily for you, you were blessed with an equation, and one you didn't understand that is. You struggled to find the answer, but you managed to solve the problem. The answer you're looking for is twelve. You annouced your answer to the class, waiting for someone to step up.

           Normally during these type of things, you had the person you matched with switch with Jin Ae, but since she wasn't here today, it wasn't an option. However in the back of you head you kind of, sort of, secretly, but not really wanted to be matched Jungkook. Not in a romantic way, you just thought he was an interesting character and wanted to get to know him better. Plus, it'd be easier for you two to work on the collab. No one responded, they probably didn't hear you. You called out again and not much later a familiar voice spoke up with a raised had. Was it who you think it is? Nope. No it was not. The familiar voice was none other than Hyun Ki. You were slightly disappointed but aside from Jin Ae, he was the next closest person to you. Anyone in the class would kill to be paired up with him, he was top of the class and his looks weren't that shabby. Even you had a crush on him back when you were kids.

So in the end it's the openly smart student with the secretly smart student.

         "So, where's our seat, partner?" you rested your harm onto Hyun Ki's shoulder although he was nearly a foot taller than you, causing you to tippy-toe and him to slouch, since he was so used to this.

He pointed towards the front of the class, "Front row, middle column."

          "Whaa?! Oh my gosh, are you serious," you swiped his paper from his hand in disbelief. Of all seats, you were fortunate enough to receive the best one. "Why is this happening to me..."

"Maybe it's a sign telling you not sleep in class," he reminded.

You slightly shoulder bump him as he laughs, "Haha, very funny Hyun Ki."

"But honestly, how do you even managed to stay on top of class? All you do is slack off."

"That's what you think. I'm just trying to slide through this class as peacefully and quietly as possible."

           Seven minutes have passed and everyone was already situated in their new seats and partners. Some were lucky enough to get their friends or previous seatmate, others were as unfortunate as getting the most annoying kid in class. You scoped the class to find where Jungkook and Jin Ae were sitting. Jungkook managed to score another window seat, even if it was the front row. Jin Ae was even luckier, you found the anime protagonist seat to be empty which would now be Jin Ae's. Even if you got the worst seat in existence, you it up and settled in. After all, you're not the only one who was cursed.

           Class felt longer than usual, but that was most likely the effects of having this seat. Hopefully everyday doesn't feel like this. The bell indicating break went off and because Jin Ae wasn't there, you found this to be the perfect opportunity to get to know Jungkook a little bit more. He left the class, throwing your books into your bag, you darted right after him. 


I'm definitely not upset over the fact that BTS (and everyone else I wanted to see) is in LA right now aGAIN. Nope, definitely not upset. I'm definitely not listening to all their albums including the remastered version of SLA and all their teaser songs while crying. Absolutely not. (◕‿◕✿) (ᅌᴗᅌ* )