Ch. 7 Pt. 3

Feelings Change

          Slowly the ride started, lifting the two of you into higher elevation. As the ride progressed, the two of you sat in silence, waiting for the other to speak up. You didn't expect the atmosphere to be so awkward, considering the two of you had been alone before, but the small, closed space made all the difference. You gulped down the knot in your throat and let out a small cough, readying yourself to initiate the conversation.

"So uhm--," both you and Jungkook started and stopped as you heard each other speak.

"You first," you quickly offerered before he had the chance to.

          Jungkook nodded and cleared his throat, "So... Why di- why do you like this ride so much?" You couldn't help but feel a tad bit disappointed about his boring question. There wasn't really a definite answer, it was just one of those things you enjoy unconditionally, no reason needed. Nonetheless, you still gave him an answer.

"I don't know, I guess because it's relaxing. And the view's nice, especially at night."

"Really? That's it? I thought there was a deep story behind it," he chuckled softly, relieving the tension, "Okay, okay, your turn."

          Your chest tightened and your palms became sweaty. You thought you were mentally prepared for this moment, but that wasn't the case. You stuck your hands between your thighs and laughed nervously, your eyes darted around the box as you tried to find the proper words to articulate. Just ing say it Eunjae, what do you have to lose.. you thought to yourself. Many thoughts flooded your mind, words came out illiterate as they weakly fell out your quivering mouth.

Jungkook stared at you intensly and worriedly, with his head tilted and eyebrows cocked. "Eunjae, you alright there?"

          "Okay... Whatever happens, happens. Here goes..." You closed your eyes and let out along heavy sigh before opening them again. "Jeon Jungkook..." there was a hesitant pause, "Jeon. Jungkook-" before you could continue, he cut you off.

          "Can you not repeat my name and stress it? You're making me nervous" he said sarcastically. His behavior caused you to throw him a sharp glare, even though he was trying to ease your nerves.

"And could you not be a little and ruin the moment?" you retorted.

"Sorry.."

          You cleared your throat and started once more, "Jeon Jungkook open your ears and listen well to what I'm about to say... Jungkook, you are an absolute child. You have the babiest face I have ever seen. You're egotistical and arrogant. You act so superior around everyone just because you can do this and that and when you can't do something or someone does it better, you sulk like there's no tomorrow. You act like you're such a bad boy but you're one of the biggest pansies I've met, Jin Ae could probably beat your . You're awkward and sometimes I wonder if you shower on a daily basis let alone use soap." You went on and on, the list was endless.

"Uhm... Eunj-"

"You don't take people's advice and your grades are ridiculously ugly."

"Okay I think I get-"

          "But even so... I really like Jeon Jungkook. I love his talents, his undying passion, the fire in his eyes. I love that he tries his best in everything and anything he does. I love that he doesn't care about what people think about him, I love his courage and will to stand up for himself and others. I love his stupid jokes and stupid rabbit smile, the fact he looks like a deer in headlights when he's nervous and afraid. It's ridiculous how much I really really like this child that is sitting right in front of me."

           Jungkook sat there frozen, with his wide eyes and open mouth, just like a deer in headlights. Silence filled the small box. You became even more nervous from the lack of response. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea you thought as regret began to brew in your stomach.

"Y-you know what," you stammered, "j-just forget everything I just said. I was being dumb I didn't mea-"

          All of a sudden you felt a pair of warm plump lips press against yours. Your eyes bulged out and your heart began beating like crazy, like it was about to explode out your chest. The fireworks hadn't started yet, but you could have sworn you saw sparks fly. You felt the cold air around your lips as Jungkook removed his lips from yours. This time it was you staring dumbfounded at the smiling boy, with your face as red as the sweater he donned.

          "Well, this egotistical, arrogant baby faced child just so happens to also really like a blunt, brash, unladylike girl named Eunjae. She's quiet and indifferent towards those around her, it's a wonder how she even have friends. When she does talk, she says the damnest thing, sometimes I want to duct tape shut. She looks angry 24/7 and barely reaches height requirements. She takes things a tad bit too seriously and needs to chill once in a while."

A small smile crept on your face as he used the same tactic as you.

          "But she's definitely the perfect example when you talk about someone who's beautiful inside and out. I love the way she knows what she wants and knows how to work for it. I love her diligence, the way she makes sure everything is as great as it can be, that she always aim high, never lowering her standards. I love that she's realistic and know how to behave during situations. I love how she tries to hide her intelligence and compassion yet she won't falter to speak her mind, and dear god is her mind beautiful. I feel lucky that she has mutual feelings towards me, even if it's ridiculous."

          You brushed your hair back and covered your face in embarrassment. You peeked through your fingers and saw Jungkook hiding behind his hat and his knees shaking. But who wouldn't after such a cheesy confession, you were surprised you even managed to say yours. You took a deep breath and fanned yourself in relief that one of the most nerve-wrecking moments of your life was finally over and ended happily. You slightly kicked Jungkook's shin and he removed his hat from his face, looking extremely bashful.

"So... Can I get another?"

"Wh-what? No!"

"Too late," he said slyly with a smirk on his face.

          The box reached and stopped at the top of the ferris wheel where all the city lights could be seen. The fireshow started right at that moment like luck was on your side. The night was beautiful, and everything ended somewhat perfectly.

 


This is so short and everything is happening so fast and I am so sorry

bUT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A NEW FIC SO YEAH THAT'S WHY THIS WAS HAS BEEN POST PONED FOR SO LONG also i'm running out of ideas for this one and have been coming up with a bunch of ideas for other ones TT TT