Ch. 1 Pt. 3

Feelings Change

          The voice wasn't a voice that you recognized, and at that moment you knew exactly who was talking to you. Anime protagonist... why... You have yet to remember his name, so you decided to just refer to him as that for the time being. You hovered your arm over your worksheet, trying to be as descreet as possible, and turned your shoulder.

"Uhm, yes?"

"Is that a drawing?"

He pointed at the corner of the sheet that was sticking out from underneath your arm. Before you were able to answer he cut you off.

"Can I see it?"

"Ahaha, no, you're mistaken, it's not a drawing. I was just scribbling out the mistakes on my work.."

You tried to be as natural as possible.

"Oh..."

          He seemed a bit dissappointed and you couldn't help but feel a little guilty, but there was no way in hell you would ever show people what type of fantasies went on in your mind. The bell for break finally rang. Ugh you couldn't have rang any sooner? 

"Before you kids go, the worksheet I passed out is due tomorrow. If you're done early, feel free to turn it in. That's all."

           Mr. Woo stepped out the class. You mean I could have gotten a new sheet and just turn it in tomorrow? Are you serious? I went through all that trouble for nothing... You tried to calm yourself down and not let yourself get worked up over a trivial matter. You were ready to head out to eat, but Jin Ae was still getting her things together.

"Hey Jin, I need to stop by my locker for a bit, meet me there?"

You often call Jin Ae "Jin" for short.

"Huh? Oh yeah, yeah, that's fine. I'll catch right up."

           You grabbed an extra worksheet of Mr. Woo's desk before heading out.

           You open your locker, exchanging your math books for literature, when suddenly someone squeezed your waist causing you to almost drop your books.

"RAWR~"

"HOLY --"

You turn around and it's Jin Ae.

"Oh my gosh, Jin can you not? You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Oops my bad, but I told you I would be here ASAP, didn't I?"

"Well, yeah, bu--"

"Anyways!"

Jin Ae had cut you off.

"I just heard from Hyun Ki that Jungkook isn't the only transfer student~"

"Who?"

"Jungkook, the boy who sits right behind you."

"Oooh, Anime Protagonist!"

"Well uhm yeah... Apparently, there's a total of 7 of them."

           7 transfer students all on the same day? And in the middle of the school year? It seemed quite strange to you, what reason would there be to transfer out a group of students? You begin to think they're nothing but trouble.

"If they all got kicked out together, shouldn't we be worried? They could seriously start flipping in this school y'know?"

"I actually didn't ask Hyun Ki for the details, we could ask him at the table."

           The two of you headed to the cafeteria to get your lunch and meet up with Hyun Ki. You find him sitting at the regular spot, the table located in the center. You both go over to the table, Jin Ae sat down next to her brother and you sat across from them.

"So, what's the deal with the 7 transfers? Did they cause any trouble at there other school?" you asked bluntly.

"Well," he started, "not really. You know the neighboring private school?"

"What? No way," you were baffled, and so was Jin Ae.

"Woah.. Daebak."

          "Yeah, they came from there, but they didn't do anything wrong. Apparently the school's principal died of a chronic heart disease and their replacement is crazy strict."

"Crazy strict? How so?"

           "That's where I'm getting at, don't rush me. I heard that the principal changed gears for the school, and now the main focus was to get all their students into S.K.Y. Their new motto is 'Reach for the S.K.Y or die trying.' He or she banned anything that she or he saw as threatening to the kids' education. Sports, clubs, performing arts, you name it. The administration also wanted to 'weed out the strong from the weak.' They gave the kids the opportunity to drop out of the school with a clean slate."

"Wait," you interrupted, "but didn't their parents pay for them to go their?  How would they feel?"

           "Parents only pay quarterly. The condition was that they had to finish the quarter before being able to transfer, that way the fee the parents paid wouldn't 'go to waste.' But the way I saw it was so they wouldn't give refunds. And that's why they were transfered so late. The kids obviously had to get their parents consent. Only a handful that wanted to leave were able to transfer out. Those 7 were part of the lucky group. The others got sent to other schools as well, so it wasn't limited to just ours. Apparently they were sent based on the programs they were involved with. If they were in multiple they had to pick their strongest one."

           "Pardon my language, but that's ing whack. Are they seriously allowing that school to operate that way? There's no way in hell that's healthy for the students. Students can barely withstand the stress of public school, and we have clubs and programs for students to join so they may have the chance to relieve it all. But them? Nothing. Half of them probably go to cram school right after. That's not a school, that's a factory. It's not even education any more, it's programming. Yes they're being taught, but will any of that do any good for when they enter the real world and find out what they've worked for isn't what they wanted at all? They're being paved a path for them to take, which could end up as a lifetime of regret.What if you don't succeed, and reach the S.K.Y? You die. You graduate from your private school, not reaching the longtime goal, and you're left with nothing. Since day one, you were taught that the goal was S.K.Y, but once that goal disappears, you're completely lost. You weren't taught this. A school like that, filled with kids with no more dreams. And shame on the parents, shame on the parents who thought this was the answer. Shame on the parents who care more about diplomas and titles, rather than their child's well-being. Dear lord, I am so heated right now, I can't even fathom... I HOPE SOMETHING GETS DONE WITH THAT BULL EDUCATION SYSTEM."

           You end up forgetting about the original topic at hand and continue to rant to your hearts content. Luckily the Park siblings have experienced this on a number of occassions and it had become normal for them. They patiently wait for your fuse to die down.

"You okay now?" Jin Ae asked

"Aiiisshhh... yeah I'm good."

"There, there."

Jin Ae reached out her hand and pet you on your head. She continued to speak.

          "Okay, so if they were divided based on programs, then that means those 7 chose.... performing arts? Considering the fact that our school is known more widely for our performing arts program."

"Bingo! You hit it right on the nose, Noona."

"Hey Eunjae, since we're active members, we should invite Jungkook."

"Wouldn't he already know about it? Let's just welcome them when they show up."

"Stingy as always~"

"Yah! ...We should clean up, it's almost time to go back."

The three of you cleaned up after yourselves and headed back to class.

 


Did you guys enjoy how I incorporated their songs and concept into this? even though I did I pretty poor job lol sorry if the rant is cheesy, please forgive me omo

LOL watch as the chapters get longer and longer.

jk there's just a lot of dialouge, sorry if it's unbearable TT___TT

This series is probably going to end up longer than I had anticipated.

 

You guys, BigHit is releasing the Hip Hop Monster dolls and it's only limited towards international sales, how unfair is that  ;_________; you have no idea how upset I am, I really really want even just one of them TT__TT