Chapter 4

Feelings Change

          Today was the big day, and so was the last day of every month. You had just finished getting ready and went downstairs to prepare your breakfast. You grabbed a red disposable cup and a plastic spoon and filled it with cereal and milk before leaving. Why waste time eating at home when I could just make it to go? You slipped on your shoes and left home.

           "Eunjae-ah!" you turned at the call of your name, it was Jin Ae. "Eunjae, wait for me!" You stopped at your tracks and waited for her to catch up. Trying to catch her breath, she let out a heavy sigh.

"Bwoh? What's this? Jin Ae walking in the morning?" 

"Wow, not even a 'good morning'? I see where our friendship stands."

           "Good morning Jin~" you responded in a sarcastic baby voice while stuffing cereal into your face, "no but seriously, you never walk in the morning, what's the occasion?"

"Hehe I'm just really, really excited for today's performance~"

You eyed her suspiciously, "... And the reason being?"

           "You're so slow. You know how they say dance to express, not to impress blah blah blah?" Jin Ae interlocked your arms together and began skipping, dragging you along. "Well, today is the exception! Today we are dancing to impress!" You face palmed and groaned at her response. What did I even expect?

"Let's just hurry and get to school."

The six hours of hell felt like nothing, it was already the end of school.

"Eunjae let's go," Jin Ae tapped your shoulder as she put her bag on.

           "Yeah, just a minute," before getting up you turned over to Jungkook, "hey transfer, you should hurry up too, Mrs. Kim doesn't take lightly to students late on these days, even if it's just a minute. And by that I mean get there before 3:15." You patted the top of his desk and caught up with Jin Ae.

           "Ooh la la, someone's being extra friendly today~" Jin Ae teased and winked at you, "I guess I'm not the only one wanting to impress, huh?"

           "I'm always friendly and you know it, I just have a hard time interacting with others on my own," you held your hands behind your back and swung your legs forward in a stiff rond de jambe movement. "And besides, I wouldn't want the newcomers to suffer like we did our first day."

           "Hmm, you right, you right." The two of you continued to reminisce about your first month joining the program on the way there. You guys were continuously late for God knows what. On the first day of your class performance, you and Jin Ae were five minutes late. Unaware of how Mrs. Kim silently ran the program, you guys just casually strolled into the studio. When class was over, she pulled both of you to the side and informed you of your surprise punishment. Can't be that bad right? Wrong. She made the both of you perform five laps of lunges around the school auditorium while holding weights in both hands, keeping both arms balanced. The punishments vary every time, but you didn't want to find out what she had in store, so naturally you stopped being tardy. For the last day at least.

            "Alright class, time to take roll call," Mrs. Kim read off a list of names, "okay that's everyone. Good job on making it on time. Eunjae, Jin Ae I'd like to thank you for being our prime example as to what will happen if your late on important events. But in all seriousness, I'm just trying to prepare you guys for the future. If you ever have a gig or live performance, never be late. Alright guys, prepare to show me what beautiful or horribly tragic performance you've come up with."

             As she clapped her hands together the class sat against the back wall, waiting for the first to go up. "Let's see, who's first... Since Jin Ae and Eunjae went first last time, you guys will be going last," she looked through and marked off a sheet of paper on her clipboard, "so that makes... okay that makes Min Kyung and his group first. Break a leg!"

            Everything went by smoothly. Eight groups passed and it was now Jungkook's and his friends' turn. "Please introduce yourself and the name of your performance."

            "2! 3! Bang! Tan! Hello we are Bangtan Sonyeondan!" The seven of them stood in a line and introduced themselves in perfect sync, from the chant, to the hand motion, to the bowing. It was like looking at real idols. Namjoon was a born leader, he effortlessly led his group introduction. "Our name's pretty long, so you can call us BTS for short. Today we'll be performing an original called 'No More Dream'. He handed Mrs. Kim their CD and all got into position. She played the music and ten seconds in you already felt your skin crawling; you were mesmerized.

            I just love everything about this. The choreo is on point, perfectly executed. The transition is cleaner than Mr. Clean's forehead. Don't even get me started on the lyrics, cause dAMN. They were two and a half minutes into their performance... And there it was. Jimin just slayed the whole female population. Who signed that baby faced child's permission slip to have that body? Honestly that boy needs to find a shirt that fits him, or not wear one at all.

            "Eunjae," Jin Ae scooted closer to you and whispered, "I don't care what you say, you gonna get a piece of that... And you're going to share with me."

            "Oh my god Park Jin Ae.. I am this close to kicking you back into your mom's womb." You lifted your foot, attempting to threaten her. As you were fighting with Jin Ae, you heard an applause, a sign that they were done. You gasped in disbelief, "No! Jin how can you do this to me?!" You laid your head on her lap and continued whining until Mrs. Kim called for you to go up. You immediately got up and began to testify.

            "Wait, we have to go up after that? Isn't that a little bit unfair? Plus we're in the same category! How are we going to compare?" you actually had the nerve to try to persuade Mrs. Kim to ease up on the grading, "you should let us off the hook since we're the closing act." Of course you failed miserably.

           "Nice try Ms. Lee. Yes, they were great, but you've been in this program longer than they have, and you're one of my top groups. So stop complaining and get up there." You gave in and stood in front of the class with Jin Ae and started your introduction.

           "1, 2, we're Obsession and we'll have you obsessed with us!" You wanted to face palm so hard, but visual and confidence was a factor in the grading so you held in your embarrassment. It was downright the cheesiest intro you've ever witnessed. Winking and love guns? Goodbye. Jin, why did I ever listen to you... Before starting, you announced that your arrangement was an acapella by you and Jin Ae.

          So far so good, everyone's enjoying it. As you observed everyone's expressions, you made sure to keep a smile on your face as well. You were reaching the end of the performance and began beat boxing and stepping. You caught everyone by surprise. You ended your performance by harmonizing with Jin Ae. Everything went better than expected.

          "See, what did I tell you girls? You were great," Mrs. Kim said reassuringly while clapping, "You guys really had nothing to worry about because even though you're in the same category, your style and genre are on different spectrums. There was nothing to compare in the first place. It's like trying to compare a soccer team and basketball team, you can't. Anyways, class, I'll start letting each group know their score, and I'll let you know if you had the highest or lowest score." Since you were last, Mrs. Kim told you your score first.

          You sat down beside Jin Ae and let out a sigh of relief, "Aigoo, we might not have gotten the highest score, but at least we didn't get the lowest." You put your hands behind your head, leaned against a wall, and let your legs stretch out. "I wonder who it was." Although you were curious, you already had a group in mind.

         "Oi! Who got the highest score?!" Jin Ae being the great friend she is had no problem just shouting out like a loud speaker. A group subtly raised their hands. Don't be surprised, but the one with the highest score was BTS. 

         "Of course," you said, almost in a whisper.

         "Class, just a little reminder," Mrs. Kim clapped her hands to get everyone's attention, "since the end of next month is my anniversary, there's no assignment. You're free to work on any project you want. Film something, make collaborations, do dance covers, just don't bum around doing nothing. You can even do a photo shoot. I'd really like to see your projects if you do decide to film yourself or even your photo shoots. Alright since we're done for today, you have an early dismissal."

         Since you had no more business staying longer, you packed your things and got ready to leave. "Hey Jin, my mom cooked your favorite, you wanna come over?"

         Jin Ae pretended to think about it before giving an answer, "Hmm... That sounds really tempting, I don't know. But if you insist, then of course I'd be down." You punched Jin Ae on her shoulder. Before you had the chance to leave someone stopped you. You turned to see who it was and your heart almost stopped.

 

Gif by @lehjonczie on tumblr! It keeps posting two, AFF knows wassup


Yaay a long chapter for you guys~! But sadly it's a cliff hanger, boo. OoOoOoOo I wonder who that person is???? honhonhon~ so how many of you guys suspected their routine to be No More Dream? I told you it was obvious. This chapter is in a way their debut, so of course I'd pick their debut title track! I hope you enjoyed my gift of a long chapter that was once again full of dialogue OTL I promise you things would start getting interesting at this point

omfg so I'm on mobile and decided to listen to how this sounds (because on mobile when you select everything there's a speak option) and dear Jesus that was the best decision I've made LOL

@seob_fire: I'm glad you're enjoying my story, and yes! My thoughts exactly XD Jungkook you are weak and we are strong LOL “ψ(`∇´)ψ    

@janeylee: Thank you for enjoying this! I'll try to update as much as possible~ 。(⌒∇⌒。)