Return of the Ex

Cafe Lulo

"Yo!" Donghae called and waved his arms at Krystal and Minhyuk. 

The Cafe Lulo group was sitting on a pair of couches in the center of the lodge. Minhyuk and Krystal sat down, but anyone could tell Krystal's mind was elsewhere. 

"Yoo-hoo!" Go Soo shook his hand in front of her face. 

"I need water," Krystal abruptly shot up and walked over to a water dispenser on the other side of the room. 

"What's up with her?" Go Soo asked Minhyuk, "I bet you did something."

"No," Minhyuk explained, worriedly, "Just before we walked over here, she got a phone call from some unknown number. The conversation was short---only a few seconds, but after that she got...robotic."

Go Soo looked back at his niece who was just holding the cup of water, not drinking it.

"Let's leave her be for now," he said. 

She couldn't believe it. She had tried to forget that jerk, and now he had just called her. 

"Seo In Guk, that bastard," she cursed under her breath, "You decide to dump me and now you're yelling at me?"

Krystal couldn't handle it. Her hand began to shake. 

"Seo In Guk!" she screamed, crushing the cup. 

Everyone turned around to look at her. 

"Okay, never mind," Go Soo hastily said, "I'm going to check up on her."

"Yah, Krystal-yah," Uncle Go Soo ushered her outside of the lodge, "Talk with me outside."

"Ugh," Krystal chucked the cup into the trash can, "Let go of me!" 

She stormed off outside on her own, slamming the door behind her. Her uncle stood motionless for a few seconds. 

"Go Soo!" Donghae said, "Just leave her be."

"God dammit," Go Soo spoke to himself, "It's all my sister's fault passing on her bad genes to her kid."

Krystal dialed Seo In Guk's number. 

"What a surprise." He instantly picked up. 

"Yah," Krystal shouted, "What the heck was that? Why are you calling me up all of a sudden?"

"You picked up."

"That's because I deleted your number!"

"Hey, but when you think about it," In Guk said with a tone that annoyed Krystal so much, "You're the bad guy."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Krystal was in utter disbelief, "You're the one that dumped me on our five month anniversary."

"Krystal," In Guk seemed exhausted, "I told you even before we started. Yes, I did like you, but I wasn't 100% sure how would we last. I even gave you a warning, but you insisted on going out. And I didn't dump you...Okay I did, but not in a douche bag way. I even told you that I wanted to stay on good terms. But you being you decided to abhor me, and next thing I know, after only one month of our separation, you obnxiously post a selfie of your new boyfriend. You know how many messages I got from people? They all think that I got dumped by you because you asked me not to tell anyone that you're the one that got dumped!"

"That's why you shouldn't have dumped me in the first place," Krystal mumbled. 

"The only reason I'm calling you now is to ask you one last time," In Guk took a deep breath, "Can we stay as friends? Clearly you've moved on."

"I'm so confused now!" Krystal wailed, "I thought I was! I hoped to get over you when I moved to Seoul. And I was doing great! Until you decided to contact me and make me all flustered all over again. I came here to have a good time with some new friends and you totally ruined it!" 

Suddenly, the other line was silent. 

"Hello?" Krystal said, "You've got to be kidding me. Yah! Seo In Guk!" 

"Oh ," In Guk said. 

"Wow, you're cursing at me now?" Krystal scoffed, "You're worse than I expected!" 

"Turn around."

"I can't believe that I ever liked a guy like you! I hate you!"

"Turn around."

"You're such a jerk! Just leave me alone already! Can't you see I'm trying to forget you? This new environment was supposed to help me---"

"Turn around."

Krystal stopped ranting. 

"What?"

"Turn around. Right now."

Krystal wiped her tears away. 

"Shut up," she sniffed, "What are you trying to say?"

Then, she heard footsteps behind her. The sound was louder and louder. She finally turned around. 

Seo In Guk, dressed in hiker's gear and running sneakers, was standing right in front of her, with his phone still at his ear. 

"What a coincidence," he sighed and ended the call.

Krystal was too flabbergasted to do or say anything. 

"You were here too?" Seo In Guk asked.

Still no response. 

"I get that you're mad right now," In Guk said lowly, "But just tolerate it for a bit. Someone's coming in our directioni and I can't have a girl yelling at me."

"What?" Krystal managed to say. 

"Hey!" In Guk waved.

Krystal's day was definitely improving. 

Victoria was coming their way.