Bad Blood

Cafe Lulo

Go Soo led both of them into the kitchen. 

"There's one thing that every employee here must learn how to do," and he pointed at a bag of coffee beans, "And that is to make coffee."

"We're not here to be baristas," Krystal eyed her uncle. 

"When our main baristas are absent, we need all the help we can get," Go Soo explained, "Okay, come upstairs."

"Why upstairs?" Krystal moaned, "There's nothing to do there."

Go Soo led them to a table on the rooftop. There awaited two notebooks and textbooks. 

"Obviously," Go Soo smiled almost as though he was enjoying this moment of torturing the fledglings, "You must know what you are dealing with to make use of it in coffee. I expect you to study first."

"Hey!" Sung Yeol shouted, "I didn't sign up for summer school!" 

"No complaints!" Go Soo sang and sprinted down stairs, closing the door behind him. 

Sung Yeol looked at Krystal.

"Are you actually going to do that?" he pointed at the table. 

She shrugged.

"Ugh," Sung Yeol scoffed and walked over to the door. 

The door was locked. 

"Are you kidding me?" he yelled and kicked the door with great force. 

Krystal's eyes widened. A slight dent had formed. 

"I don't get it," Krystal put her hands on her hips, "Why are you even here?"

Sung Yeol turned around to face Krystal.

"Because," he sighed miserably, "I have to become a more responsible person."

"Don't they know that you have bad blood here?" Krystal asked.

"Pscht," Sung Yeol laughed, "Who cares? I don't give a about any of them."

"Not even Sohee?" Krystal said boldly.

That's when Sung Yeol snapped. He grabbed Krystal by the collar of her shirt and slammed her back against the table. He placed his hands at the sides of her head, which was leaning against the table top. He leaned his face in and whispered, 

"If you mention anything from that incident one more time, I won't tolerate it."

"Hey!" 

It was Minhyuk's voice.

Sung Yeol got off of Krystal and was greeted by a splash of lemonade. Minhyuk put down the empty glass on the table and rushed over to Krystal.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Krystal pushed him away.

"Don't concern yourself," she muttered.

Sung Yeol observed this scene. 

"He must have something for her," he deviously thought to himself.

Krystal couldn't help but feel pity for Sung Yeol. Sure, he was a douche bag, but she didn't think he deserved Minhyuk's action. She took off her cardigan. 

"You know," she walked up to Sung Yeol and stood on her tippy toes to match his height just barely, "You're really troublesome."

She used her sleeve to dab the liquid off of his forehead. 

Startled by Krystal's close proximity to him, Sung Yeol took a step back.

"What?" Krystal asked him and continued to dry his face. 

Sung Yeol had no choice but to face straight, right into Krystal. She had a fair complexion and her eyes moved in all directions, searching for any wet spot on his face.

"What are you doing?" Minhyuk snapped and snatched her cardigan. 

"Hey!" Krystal responded angrily. 

"Why are you helping him?" Minhyuk demanded, "You don't even know how much pain and embarassment he caused Sohee!" 

"I know."

"What?" Minhyuk was baffled. 

"I already know," Krystal looked at Minhyuk with a serious expression, "I already know. He's constantly called a douche bag here."

Sung Yeol coughed, feeling like a bystander watching a couple argue. 

"Then why are you helping him?" Minhyuk said. 

"He's bullied here," Krystal started to list, "It's clear that there's something going on at home and I know his type. He's introverted and doesn't say what he wants to say. And those people tend to be lonely."

"What the heck are you saying?" Minhyuk looked at her, furious with the side she had chosen to be on, "You don't even know him."

Before he stormed out, he pointed at two glasses, one full and one empty of lemonade.

"Uncle Go Soo told me to bring you some."

After Minhyuk had left, Krystal took back her cardigan and was about to help Sung Yeol again, when he stopped her by grabbing her wrist. 

"What do you know?" he glared. 

"What?" Krystal asked innocently. 

"What are you?" he said, "What gives you the right to carelessly talk about me in that way? You don't even know me so stop pretending that you know everything about my life."

"I was just---"

Sung Yeol flung the lemonade into her face. Krystal was in utter disbelief.

"Don't try to act like your smart," Sung Yeol threatened and dropped the glass, making it shatter into sharp fragments. 

And when Sung Yeol realized that Minhyuk hadn't locked the door, he quietly disappeared, leaving Krystal alone in her confusion and despair.