Truth Hurts

Cafe Lulo

Victoria didn't know how to react. She felt such betrayal from someone she cherished so deeply.So, he had left her alone to make another girl not alone. Abandonment. It had been an emotion she believed she had felt too many times. 

"Minhyuk.-ah..." she was lost for words.

"Victoria," Minhyuk released Krystal. 

"So it was all for her?" Victoria asked, but to her surprise, it wasn't in an angry, aggressive tone. There was a softness it to it, and Minhyuk detected the same sadness he had felt the first time he had seen her. 

"No, it's not that," Minhyuk tried to explain.

"I better go," Krystal said quickly and headed to her door. 

"Krystal---" Minhyuk wanted to send her off properly. 

"Go."

Krystal was surprised by Victoria's solemn tone. She smiled weakly.

"Good night."

"Yah," Minhyuk glared at Victoria, "Who gave you the right to act so insolently to my friend?"

"Friend?" Victoria mocked. 

"Victoria," Minhyuk was beginning to feel tired of all of this drama, "All I want to do is help people. I helped you, and now I'm trying to help someone else."

"Wow," Victoria narrowed her eyes, "You're worse than I thought. The kindness that you use to cover up your true motives seems almost plausible, but nice try. I know that you're just a thirsty guy who drops girl here and there, like they're nothing."

"Victoria!" Minhyuk raised his voice. 

Victoria stared at him.

"You even yell at me now? Just because I was rude to Krystal?" 

"Ahn nee (No)," Minhyuk took a few steps towards her, "It's because you insulted me."

"You're being unfair, that's why," Victoria claimed.

"Victoria!" Minhyuk was frustrated and laid his hands on her shoulders, "I like you. I like you a lot. You're one of my best friends."

Victoria turned her face away from him.

"You know that's not the like I want."

"I know," Minhyuk sighed, "But I can only accept you as my friend. Same for Krystal. There's no way a girl I've just met can suddenly become someone I carry genuine feelings for."

"What if she likes you?" 

"No way," Minhyuk couldn't imagine.

"You sure?"

"I'm most certaintly sure she doesn't, and if she did, it's weird. She doesn't even know me," Minhyuk explained.

Victoria felt a bit better.

"And I never left you alone," Minhyuk said, "I simply wanted to tell you to be a bit more independent."

"Really?" 

"Yeah," Minhyuk smiled at her, "So don't feel sad or cry. I hate when you do that."

Victoria jumped up and hugged him, burying her face in his chest. Minhyuk was relieved. She was okay.

But little did he realize that someone else wasn't. Krystal's cabin window had been open and she had heard Minhyuk's words. 

There's no way a girl I've just met can suddenly become someone I carry genuine feelings for.

Krystal laughed to herself. 

"There's no way," and she peered outside. 

Minhyuk and Victoria were walking away. 

"There's no way, Krystal," she repeated and closed her window to the gloomy, dark sky.