A Happy Start

Cafe Lulo

The next morning, Krystal was ready. She dolled herself up for work at Cafe Lulo. Her mother opened the door, expecting to find her still sleeping, but when she saw Krystal putting makeup on, she was surprised.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting ready."

"Uncle Go Soo told me that the employees are going on an annual camping trip today," her mother explained.

Krystal dropped her eyebrow pencil.

"What."

Her mother lifted up the hiking clothes she was carrying. 

~At Cafe Lulo~ 

After her mother dropped Krystal off, she was excited to find that Minhyuk was already present. 

"Hey, Krystal," he waved at her, "I would've drove you but my sister just told me to go early."

"It's fine," Krystal smiled, more cheerful than ever.

Her Uncle Go Soo caught this. 

"Alright!" he announced, "I'll say the partner pairings now!" 

"We have partners?" Krystal asked. 

"Yup," Minhyuk replied, "When we're outdoors, it's just for safety."

Usually, Krystal would've complained how childish having "buddies" were, but this also meant a chance for her to be with Minhyuk, without having to make up an excuse. 

"Okay, Minhyuk you'll be with Kry---" but Go Soo was cut off, when Minhyuk's phone rang. 

"Hello?" Minhyuk answered the call, and Go Soo awkwardly waited.

Krystal looked at his expression.

"Yeah, employees go on a camping trip," Minhyuk smiled. 

Who was he talking to?

"Where is it, Go Soo?" Minhyuk asked.

"Paradise Farm, in Busan," Go Soo replied. (*just wanted to note, I didn't mean to refer to the drama Paradise Farm, but there's a legit place called that.) 

"Okay, I'll ask," Minhyuk said and hung up. 

"Minhyuk and Krystal---" Go Soo was interuppted again.

"Victoria's family owns that camping site and her family is spending time there too, but she was wondering if she could join us for one day," Minhyuk explained, "Can she? And then the second day will be just to ourselves."

"Uh..." Go Soo glanced at Krystal. 

"If not," Minhyuk said, taking out his phone again, "I can just call her saying no, but it might be awkward if we see her there."

"I'll leave it up to you," Go Soo replied, "But as I was saying, your partner is Krystal."

"Alright," Minhyuk shrugged and smiled at Krystal, making her melt inside, but she froze up again when he dialed Victoria's number. 

"Hey," he began, "Yeah, sorry. I think it's just for employees. Yup...uh huh. Alright...see you."

Minhyuk had just made Krystal's day. 

"Let's go," Minhyuk said to her and put his hand on her back. She felt an electric shock go through her. (* see the f(x) reference? XD) 

He loaded their suitcases in his car and opened the passenger seat for her.

"Thank you," Krystal said politely. 

"Why so formal?" Minhyuk laughed, getting into the car, "Relax."

"Just nervous," she said, "It's only my second day here."

"True," Minhyuk replied and he put his hand behind Krystal's seat as he pulled out of the parking lot. 

She could smell his cologne. It wasn't too much or too little. Just perfect. 

"So," Minhyuk asked, "Why'd you move?"

"Dad's job," she answered, "I've been transferring in and out of schools as long as I can remember, but my mother claims that we're going to be staying in Seoul."

"I see," Minhyuk said, "Well that's good."

"Huh?" 

"I can get to know you better," and he faced her with a warm grin. 

Krystal laughed anxiously and ran her fingers through her hair. 

"Music?" Minhyuk asked.

"Sure," she replied. 

He the radio and Can't Stop Me Now by CNBLUE . Krystal closed her eyes, picturing a scene to the lyrics. 

Minhyuk was playing the piano for her and declaring his love...but then Minhyuk changed the radio channel. 

"Sorry, it's a bit overplayed these days."

One Way by SISTAR's Hyorin came on. 

Yeah, that wasn't something Krystal wanted to imagine. It was about inexperienced and young love and how the guy was selfish. Not her prediction with her and Minhyuk. 

To her happiness, Minhyuk decided to stop for gas, which meant they could hang out in the car for a bit alone.Suddenly, she got an idea.

"Minhyuk!" she smiled, "Take a selca with me!" 

"Hm?" he said. 

Krystal took out her phone. 

"Nah I look bad when I'm the bad of selcas," he whined. 

"Oh my God," Krystal laughed, "Fine. Take one yourself."

"I like selcas," Minhyuk confessed, "There. And I get the honor of posting your first photo in Seoul. I feel very special."

"You are special," Krystal said sincerely, without thinking. 

Minhyuk looked at her, surprised at her seriousness.

"Thanks..." he responded. 

Krystal couldn't believe she had just said that.

"I posted it," Minhyuk said and gave her back her phone. 

"Haha," she laughed nervously, "Thanks." 

 im so y. 

Krystal couldn't help but smile. 

"Wait," Minhyuk took her phone back, "That reminds me. I should put my number in." 

Her heart pounded fast inside. Things were going so well. She didn't even have to ask for his number which would've been humiliating. 

"Text me whenever," Minhyuk said, "I like chatting people." 

"Pscht," Krystal scoffed, "So girly."

"Ya!" Minhyuk shouted. 

Krystal shrugged. 

Once they left the gas station, Minhyuk continued to drive without conversation, yet just being able to be with him was enough for Krystal.