Majorly Conflicted

Cafe Lulo

"Are you sure it's fine that you suddenly come here?" Mrs. Jung asked Sung Yeol.

To Krystal's misery, her parents had insisted that Krystal introduce her new boyfriend to the family. They were seated at her dining table. 

"Oh, it's fine," Sung Yeol assured her, "It's me that should ask if it's alright if I drop by so suddenly."

He stood up from his chair.

"I'm sorry I was never able to introduce myself before," he greeted, "Hello. My name is Lee Sung Yeol."

And to sum up the whole experience, it pretty much looked like this. 

                

 

It was already five past eight when Sung Yeol announced that it was time for him to leave. 

"Please come again!" Mr. Jung exclaimed.

"It was a pleasure," Sung Yeol smiled.

He glanced over at Krystal before he left. 

"Thanks," he said and brushed her hand slightly with his. 

"Good night," he bade her parents farewell.

After Krystal's mother closed the door, she hugged her daughter.

"Oh, where did you manage to get such a fine young man?" 

"Mom!" Krystal pushed her mother off. 

"I was so worried!" her mother explained whole heartedly, "I was scared that you would have a hard time adapting to a city like Seoul, but..."

Her mother got teary. 

"Mom!" Krystal felt so embarrassed. 

"Sorry..." her mother broke, "It's just that...you've never kept anyone besides your family close to you...and it was always because of us."

"Mom," Krystal smiled and wiped away her mother's tears, "I was always fine."

Her father patted his wife on the shoulder.

"Honey, look, she's able to take care of herself now," he comforted. 

Her mother sniffed and when she was finally able to catch her breath she said,

"Thank you for making your old mother here so happy."

Krystal didn't know how to react. 

What would her parents think of her if they found out this was all an act? 

She went back to her room silently.

"Oh my God..." she whispered to herself.

She couldn't help but smile though. She hadn't seen her parents smile and laugh like that for a long time, and to think that it was...Sung Yeol...that had made them that happy...

"I don't know anymore," she sighed to herself, "I don't know."

She began to scribble her mind's convoluted thoughts into her diary.