Cured

Cafe Lulo

Sung Yeol decided it was worthless trying to win an argument against Sohee. Additionally, people were starting to stare at them.

"Look," Sung Yeol said in a calmer tone, "I know you. I know that you don't have feelings for me."

"What makes you so sure?" Sohee asked.

Sung Yeol took a deep breath. This was going to be difficult for him to say.

"One of the things I liked about you was that you were really possessive. Yeah, for some it's bad, but you knew what was yours," Sung Yeol said, "But what you don't get is, once you trash something, you can't get it back."

Sohee rolled her eyes.

"Getting all philosophical, huh?" 

"Whatever," Sung Yeol gave up, "Believe what you want. I know you're just doing this because you don't like how Krystal is going out with me."

"It's weird!" Sohee yelled.

"And why is that?" Sung Yeol glared at her.

"Because, I was 100% sure that she liked Minhyuk."

"Every girl likes Minhyuk," Sung Yeol rolled his eyes. 

The conversation was going nowhere. He started to head back to the police station to confirm if everything was settled, but Sohee grabbed his arm.

"I mean genuinely have feelings for him. And she never looked hazed when we were talking badly of you. And what's more, she never even mentioned you once!" Sohee argued, "Then, all of a sudden, you two are dating! It just doesn't make logical sense."

"Believe what you want, Sohee," Sung Yeol sighed, "I've already gave up trying to get through to you."

"Ugh, you were always so stubborn!" Sohee stomped her feet on the ground.

Meanwhile, Minhyuk and Krystal were on line for ice cream. 

"What do you want?" he asked her, pulling out his wallet.

"Oh, no!" Krystal refused to let him pay, "I got myself covered."

Minhyuk insisted on paying. 

"It's only fair," he explained, "I caused you much trouble."

"Here's chocolate and mint," the store owner announced. 

"Thank you," Krystal replied, staring at her delectable snack. 

"Seems you really like ice cream too," Minhyuk laughed. 

"Heehee," Krystal laughed like a child, "Who doesn't?"

"True," Minhyuk accepted. 

"You wanna sit, or keep walking?" Krystal asked.

"You?" Minhyuk answered her question with another question.

"Uh..." Krystal tapped her chin with her index finger, "I actually wanted to walk around. We can go window shopping."

"Lol," Minhyuk smiled, "I've never gone window shopping before."

"Well," Krystal grinned, "Now you are going to!" 

Their first stop was a children's apparel store. 

"Oh, so cute!" Krystal squealed, pointing at a onesie for toddlers. 

Minhyuk took out his phone and snapped a picture of it. 

"Huh?" Krystal asked, inquiring why he had done that. 

"My first window...bought item?"

Krystal laughed, slapping his shoulder playfully. 

"You're so weird."

"See?" Minhyuk showed her his phone.

He had posted it on his SNS.

 

Window shopping !!!

"You sure, that's okay?" Krystal asked him.

"Why?" Minhyuk said. 

"I don't know...Your thousands of fan girls may not like that you're possibly shopping for baby items."

"Wow," Minhyuk said sarcastically, "Scandalous."

"Come on, let's go somewhere else," Krystal suggested.

"Like?" 

"Hmmm," Krystal thought, "Well, we can go to a teen clothing store."

"Sounds good," Minhyuk agreed, "But this time, let's actually buy something?"

"Fine!" Krystal pretended like she didn't want to.

They entered a store and immediately, Krystal pulled up a pile of outfits for Minhyuk to wear. 

"Whoa!" Minhyuk exclaimed, "That's a lot!" 

"Just try them," Krystal implored, "It's not like you're going to buy all of them."

An older employee walked over to them to a fitting room.

"It's a nice picture to see you youngsters acting properly in our store," she sighed, "So many show such promiscuous behavior these days."

Krystal and Minhyuk almost couldn't hold in their laughter. Before Minhyuk went into the fitting room, he gave Krystal his phone.

"Take pictures."

"Wow, so you can stare at them afterwards and admire your fancy-shmancy self?" she joked.

"Precisely," Minhyuk gave her a wink and closed the fitting room door. 

I feel...happy again. 

Krystal laid her hand over her heart. Somehow, it didn't seem to ache anymore. Maybe she had deceived herself all along. Minhyuk wasn't so bad. Maybe...it was just that he had a hard time not understanding her...

...but himself.