Happy Happy Happy

Cafe Lulo

Krystal entered Cafe Lulo, but found the venue was literally empty. Her uncle sat by the counter, sipping on a glass of iced tea.

"Where's everyone?" 

Uncle Go Soo sighed.

"Sohee called in sick and Donghae stayed to take care of her. I haven't heard anything from Minhyuk and Sung Yeol."

Krystal stared down at her feet.

"Minhyuk told me...he wasn't coming today."

"How do you know?" her uncle asked.

"He's my neighbor. He didn't tell me why though."

"I see," her uncle hummed.

"Where's Sung Yeol?" 

Kim Soo Hyun walked in from the back.

"He won't be working here anymore," Soo Hyun stated.

"W-what?" Krystal stuttered.

"My uncle, well, his father," Soo Hyun explained, pouring himself a cup of water, "Decided that it was time to get that kid under control. Sung Yeol's father is living in London because of work, so he's transferring Sung Yeol to London so he can keep a close eye on his son."

"What?" Uncle Goo Soo was shocked, "It's hasn't been that long since he came here!" 

"Sung Yeol's father..." Soo Hyun chuckled, "You can't argue with my uncle."

"Anyways, Krystal can you clean---" 

But Krystal was out the door before her uncle could finish her sentence. 

"Oh my God," Krystal burst into tears, "I never got to tell him how I feel, and he's going away already!" 

She took out her phone and barely managed to dial his number as she was running at full speed. The ringing went on until it went to voice mail.

"Sung Yeol-ah!" she cried.

A thought popped into her head.

"Maybe he didn't leave yet!" 

She sprinted over to the road to call over a taxi. The moment she sat down, she couldn't help but cry again. The memory of when Sung Yeol had kissed her in the taxi on that day flashed back into her mind. 

"Oh my God," she whispered to herself and tried to wipe away her tears. 

The second the taxi stopped in front of Sung Yeol's house, Krystal tossed some cash into the passenger seat and sprinted towards the front entrance. She rang the doorbell a ridiculous number of times until the Lee's housekeeper opened the door. 

"Yes? How may I help you?"

"Is Sung Yeol inside?" Krystal asked, out of breath.

"Oh, actually the Young Master left a while ago..."

"He left?" Krystal's heart sank. 

She started to run back to catch the taxi that was just about to leave. The airport was where she needed to go. 

"Krystal."

She stopped in her tracks. She turned around. Sung Yeol was just wearing sweats and sneakers. When he realized that Krystal was seeing him without a shirt on, he immediately turned away. Krystal couldn't resist crying tears of relief. 

"Oh geez," she sobbed to herself and bent down.

"Krystal..." Sung Yeol didn't know what to do.

Krystal ran up to him and jumped into his arms. 

"What..." Sung Yeol was speechless, "Krystal...I don't have a shirt one...and I'm sweaty."

"It doesn't matter," she sighed happily, "I'm glad that you didn't leave."

"What?" Sung Yeol was perplexed.

He put Krystal down. 

"Oh...yeah my father decided against it because he said he didn't want such an embarassing son there so he..."

But Krystal didn't care anymore about it. She had to tell him now.

"Lee Sung Yeol," she started.

Sung Yeol waited.

"I like you."

Sung Yeol's eyes grew big. 

"I like you, Lee Sung Yeol." 

"Krystal..."

"So I'll start over," she smiled, "Lee Sung Yeol, will you be my boyfriend?" 

Sung Yeol's expression was blank. 

"Come on!" Krystal laughed, "Answer! Since when do you see a girl asking a guy out?" 

Sung Yeol dropped the water bottle he had been carrying in his hand. He held Krystal tightly and leaned in, but Krystal put a finger on his lips. 

"I'll take that as a yes," she whispered, "But I want to take it slow. Since we're real now."

Sung Yeol pulled away. 

"Okay." 

He held out a hand. Krystal graciously accepted his gesture and they linked their fingers together. 

But before they went in, Sung Yeol just had to kill the mood.

"What about...Minhyuk?" 

Krystal rolled her eyes. 

"I'm going to try to just focus on you," she replied confidently, "Because I chose you." 

Sung Yeol couldn't hold in his excitement. 

"Okay," he answered, but his voice came out high pitched. 

Krystal cracked up. 

"Come on," Sung Yeol smiled and opened his door, "Let's go."

Krystal followed him in and closed the door. Not just to the outside Sung Yeol's house, but she closed the door to anything that would ever waver her feelings for him. It was a new beginning for something she desperately wanted to keep. And since she was going to stay in Seoul, well, let's just say she decided it was gonna be worth it.