Misunderstanding

Cafe Lulo

Krystal didn't even have time to get infuriated by Minhyuk because Sung Yeol's messages kept ringing. 

"Oh my God," she groaned and looked to see what he was bothering her about. 

S: yo. 

   yo.

   YO. 

   YO!!! get up!!! my mom called my older brother over with his friends and now she's demanding tht u come too!! SERIOUSLY!! 

K: And..what happens if i dont go

S: :$ i think u might wana go. 

K: and y is tht

S: ...minhyuk is coming too. 

K: WHAT why 

S: he's good friends w my brother...and my bro kinda begged him to come..even tho he knows minhyuk literally hates me

K: ..but wat do u know about minhyuk

S: DUDE its so obvious tht u like him. he's mr. wakeup call, isnt he? 

K: ... yea BUT U CANT TELL ANY1

S: Like I wud.i dont even care. rememberr i hate him. he's all urs

K: yea but its the weekend..

S: Look. if it werent for minhyuk, then i can just say that ur too tired or whatevr. but minhyuk IS coming and knowing him, he doesn't believe we're together right now. if u come...it might convince him. 

K: why am i doing this again? :/  

S: to keep my away from evil seol hyun and to get minhyuk to his senses? honestly about ur part..i dont care. just as long as u dont ruin my stuff

K: wow. 

S: ok hurry up. im gonna go come pick u up now

K: WHAT? 

S: bye. 

Sometimes, she wished Sung Yeol was a bit more..."gentlemanly". 

Krystal's phone made a short ring. She looked at her phone and read, "By the way, you better wear something nice...What?" 

(Apparently, Sung Yeol's mother detested particular teen fashions.)

Krystal perused through her closet. Some of her dresses were still in boxes.  

She decided with a nice black and white summer dress and decided to choose a bright yellow bag to go with it. 

She heard a car honk outside. How did Sung Yeol get here so fast? However, when she opened the door, Minhyuk was waiting outside her door. 

"Minhyuk..." Krystal was surprised. 

"Krystal, I know you're going to Sung Yeol's house," he said and grasped her arm, "I'll drive you there. I really need to talk to you."

"Minhyuk-ah," Krystal tried to resist, but Minhyuk was forceful.

"Hey!" 

Minhyuk stopped. 

Sung Yeol came out of his car and ran over to Minhyuk and pulled his arm of Krystal. He took Krystal's hand with his and defiantly looked at Minhyuk.

"Don't touch someone else's girl."

Krystal would never admit it, but she felt a strong, but quickly fleeting burst of happiness when she felt Sung Yeol's touch. 

"Ugh!" she thought to herself, "Wait, no way! You don't like Sung Yeol. It's just that you like the feeling of someone protecting you, that's all."

She recalled the last rule.

"That's right,"  she said inside her head, "Disregard them."

"Sorry," Sung Yeol smirked and walked past Minhyuk, hitting shoulder to shoulder. 

"Sung Yeol-ah," Krystal said, but he ignored her, pushing her into the car.

Yet, before he closed the door, he hung over her to say something first. 

"Seriously? You were gonna go with Minhyuk?" he sneered, "What happened to not playing easy?" 

Suddenly, Minhyuk ran into the driver's seat and started the engine. 

"Yah!" Sung Yeol yelled. 

Krystal looked at Minhyuk.

"I've really got to talk to you," Minhyuk emphasized. 

Minhyuk closed Krystal's door from the inside and started to move forward. Krystal was so confused. She looked back to see Sung Yeol's running figure chasing after them.

Minhyuk put his hand over Krystal's.

"Krystal," he started. 

He was speaking in that same warm voice, but for some reason, Krystal wanted to listen Sung Yeol's nagging voice about how she could never do things right.

"I don't think you should be with Sung Yeol."

But Krystal wasn't listening. The time when Sung Yeol had grabbed her hand and walked out of the cafe in front of all those people flashed back in her mind. The moment where Sung Yeol had claimed to his mother that she was someone he didn't want to lose...and now, when he had showed posession over her in front of Minhyuk, calling her his girl. 

"...And so, because of all those things, I don't think he suits you very---"

"Minhyuk-ah," Krystal interuppted him.

"Yeah?" Minhyuk replied.

"Stop the car."

"What?" 

"Stop. The. Car."

Minhyuk pulled the car over to a stop next to the sidewalk. 

"Sorry," Krystal stated.

"What?" 

But without another word, Krystal opened the car door and started to sprint back to where they had left Sung Yeol. 

"Yah! Krystal!" Minhyuk called out, stepping out of the car. 

But his voice was inaudible. 

Krystal was running, ignoring the growing pain in her legs from moving so fast. She knew it wasn't real...but why did she feel this way? She couldn't make herself stop for a quick break, but to her relief, she saw that Sung Yeol had actually been starting to walk on his way as well. Seeing his familiar figure, Krystal ran up to him. But she didn't just stand there. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her tippy toes. She pushed her lips hard on his. Sung Yeol was absolutely shocked. But Krystal was shocked even more when he returned her kiss and brought his hands up to her back. When they broke apart, Krystal looked into Sung Yeol's deep eyes. But suddenly, a devilish smile grew on Sung Yeol's face. 

"Good job!" he whispered to her. 

"What?" Krystal was extremely perplexed. 

"I didn't know they were right there!" Sung Yeol smiled. 

They? 

"Whoo-hoo!" someone shouted behind Krystal. 

She turned around. 

"Hyung!" Sung Yeol waved, and he held Krystal's hand, walking over to them. 

"I thought you were lying, dude!" A tall man came out of a red car. 

"Haha," Sung Yeol laughed, "Hyung, this is Krystal."

Krystal's heart sank. 

Rule Number One. 

No intimacy unless needed for show. 

Ugh. That wasn't it.