Make Up

Cafe Lulo

Krystal stomped over to Sung Yeol. 

"And you're the one who told me to keep my promise," she snapped at him.

"Krystal!" Sung Yeol reached for her arm.

"Don't even touch me!" Krystal yelled and began to walk to who knows where. 

And the part that made her even sadder was the fact that Sung Yeol never chased after her.

She turned around and saw that Sohee and Sung Yeol were still in a heated argument. It literally was a lovers' quarrel, and she had realized that she was in no position to get involved.

"Ah!" she sighed to herself, trying to hold all her emotions inside, "I'm okay. I'm okay."

Her phone rang. 

"No way."

She threw it back into her bag once she realized that it was Minhyuk. But he persistently kept calling. 

"What?" she answered quite rudely.

"I want to talk to you," Minhyuk's voice was cut into short breaths, " In. Person."

"Are you okay?" Krystal asked, concerned, "Wait, are you running?"

"I didn't bring my car, remember?"

By the tone of his voice, Krystal knew he was smiling. (Which she guessed right XP). 

"Where are you?" Minhyuk asked her.

"No," Krystal refused, "Please don't come."

"Krystal," Minhyuk insisted, "I know I screwed up badly, but I want to tell you something really important."

"That's what you said before," Krystal didn't believe him, "And look at how that turned out."

"This time I truly mean it."

He seemed sincere. 

"Okay," she gave in, "You know that the Italian restaurant by the police station? I'm sitting on the bench in front of it."

"Police station?"

"It doesn't matter," Krystal sighed, "I'll be waiting."

About ten minutes later, Minhyuk showed up, sweating. He put his hands on his knees and bent down, taking a few deep breaths to calm his adrenaline rush. He sat down beside Krystal.

"You smell," Krystal said. 

"I know," Minhyuk laughed, "But it was worth it."

Krystal felt a pang of joy, but it was quickly overshadowed by her sorrow from Sung Yeol.

"Hurry up," she rushed, "I'm not in the best mood."

"What happened?" Minhyuk asked.

Krystal didn't say anything for a few minutes, but seeing how Minhyuk was patiently waiting and not pestering her for a reply, she just couldn't ignore his question. She buried her face in her hands.

"Hey," Minhyuk comforted and patted her back with his hand, "It's okay."

Krystal lifted her face.

"You were right," she sobbed, "It is a show! It's all fake."

She expected Minhyuk to smile, but he didn't. He brought her in for a hug.

"And you didn't feel like it was, right?" 

Krystal cried on his shoulder.

"It's because I'm so stupid and easily swayed."

Minhyuk broke the embrace and held Krystal's face with his hands. He looked straight at her.

"No," he smiled, "It's because you follow your heart."

"Whatever," Krystal scoffed.

"And it's something that I am going to do from now on," Minhyuk stated afterwards.

Krystal pulled his hands down from her face.

"What?"

"I'm still not sure how I feel," Minhyuk said, "But I'll tell you this. I definitely feel something for you."

Krystal was shocked. Minhyuk wiped a falling tear away with his thumb.

"So don't cry."

"You're not...mad?" Krystal asked, referring to the scheme her and Sung Yeol had carried out.

"No," Minhyuk laughed, "If anything, I'm kinda grateful. I wouldn't have realized anything if it hadn't been for what you guys did."

Still, the pain that Sung Yeol had given her didn't go away.

"I'm happy to hear that you've somewhat sorted things out," Krystal explained, "But I still haven't."

"I'm not asking you to do anything," Minhyuk said, "There's no rush, so take your time to clear your head. I've got to need some time to clear out things too."

Krystal took a deep breath of relief. 

"So," she smiled cheerfully, trying to create a jubilant mood.

"Don't force yourself like that," Minhyuk said, "Just---"

His phone rang. He checked the caller ID. It was Victoria. 

"Who is it?" Krystal asked.

Minhyuk proudly turned his phone off and put it back into his pocket.

"Telemarketer," he laughed.

"Oh," Krystal stood up from the bench, "They're so annoying."

"I know, right?" Minhyuk laughed.

"So," Krystal asked him, "What do you do when you're sad?" 

"Sad?" Minhyuk thought, "Hmm... How does ice cream sound?"

"Ice cream it is!" Krystal exclaimed. 

Minhyuk grinned so happily to himself. 

They were going to take things slow. He liked it much better this way.