Love

Cafe Lulo

"What the hell."

Sohee, Donghae, and Minhyuk were sitting up at the rooftop table. 

"I have no idea," Donghae sighed, throwing his head back on his chair. 

"How is this even possible?" Sohee was infuriated, "And it's so stupid! I even told her about him and she goes off holding hands with him! Is she an idiot? Like I've never met some girl like her before!" 

"Don't talk about her like that."

Donghae and Sohee looked at Minhyuk, who to them, was acting odd, because he kept staring at an empty glass on the table. 

"There's nothing in that glass," Sohee pointed out, "So what's so interesting about it?"

Minhyuk's heart fell. 

"The reason why it's empty," he replied vaguely.

"Okay," Sohee was bothered by the fact that she had no idea what was going on, "You've lost your mind due to such a traumatic sight."

"Traumatic is quite the harsh word," Donghae stated his opinion.

"What?" Sohee frowned at him. 

"I mean, think about it," Donghae explained his thoughts, "Even if Sung Yeol and Krystal are a thing, how does it affect us? When you look at it, it's a good thing. He won't be bothering any of us, especially Sohee. Plus, girls don't believe Sung Yeol's a douche bag until they first hand experience him as a boyfriend."

Sohee glared at him. 

"Really? You have to say that in front of me?"

"I'm sorry!" Donghae laughed slightly, "But it's true! So, Krystal and Sung Yeol most likely won't even last that long. She'll just go through a short period of accepting Sung Yeol was not the one and then she'll be fine."

"Yeah, but..." Sohee was conflicted, "She should know that he's a jerk since she knows of the incident."

"Love blinds you," Donghae said, "And no matter how cheesy that sounds, it's true. Not trying to be mean, but take Victoria for example. She's so blinded by her affections for Minhyuk that she doesn't realize that Minhyuk doesn't like her."

Sohee turned towards Minhyuk who was still staring blankly at the empty glass. 

"Minhyuk-ah," Sohee asked, "I have a question to ask."

"Ask me," he said without making eye contact with Sohee. 

"Who do you like?" 

Minhyuk took a deep breath. 

"No one," he replied plainly. 

"You seem to be leading Victoria on," Donghae sang, "Accepting her like that."

"There's a reason," Minhyuk responded bluntly. 

"You're so secretive," Sohee gave up on spilling the information out of him. 

"Minhyuk doesn't know how to deal with girls," Donghae said half-jokingly, "How can someone who isn't aware of someone else's feelings know his own?" 

"True," Sohee agreed sincerely. 

Minhyuk laughed. 

"That's because I've never been in love. So how the hell am I supposed to know what it is?"

"Love..." Sohee said dreamily, "Well, it's different for everyone."

"What do you mean?" Minhyuk asked. 

"For me, love is using my precious sleep time in order to talk to someone, or...spend hours trying to make a meal for that one special person. Love comes in different forms since there are so many ways to express it," Sohee explained. 

Minhyuk noticed that Donghae was blushing. 

"Donghae? What's the matter with you?" 

"Nothing," Donghae replied, still smiling like a fool.

"Sohee," Minhyuk asked, "What if...you feel an obligation to help out your friend no matter what he or she needs and no matter he or she does? Like...you feel like it's almost your duty to help them out."

"That's---" However Sohee was interruppted by Donghae. 

"That's just making the state of that person worse," Donghae said. 

Minhyuk looked at him with a confused expression. 

"You're not living to literally serve someone," he elaborated on his answer, "And that person will only become more reliant on you as time passes. Then, she won't be able to get through anything on her own."

"It's different if it's a girl or boy," Sohee added, "So...Donghae-yah, how do you know it's a girl?"

Donghae smiled at Sohee.

"No need for you to know."

Sohee crossed her arms in frustration.

"Whatever," she said, "I'm just pissed off because of Sung Yeol right now."

"You're not the one who's been affected by it the most," Donghae sighed, staring straight at Minhyuk.