Family

Cafe Lulo

"In Guk-ah," Vicotoria seemed surprised, "What are you doing here?"

"Ah!" In Guk explained, "I always come here to work out and I decided to stay here for three days."

"Really?" Victoria said. "Same."

"What?" In Guk laughed, "What a small world we live in!" 

"BS," Krystal cursed in her head, "This was all planned, wasn't it?"

"Who's this?" Victoria asked, pointing at Krystal, "I think I saw you at Cafe Lulo."

"Huh?" Krystal said. 

"You do part time jobs now?" In Guk looked at her in disapproval, "And all that time where you kept bragging about how smart you were..."

"Shut up!" Krystal shouted. 

"Nice picture," Victoria drew an imaginary heart with her fingers around them.

"Ah, no!" In Guk exclaimed. 

Was he trying to get another girl in front of her? Krystal was shocked. Just his sudden presence had ruined her feelings for Minhyuk. Now it was her turn for revenge. 

"We're not dating!" Krystal giggled forcefully, "We just...fullfill each others needs, if you get what I mean."

In Guk looked at her, apalled.

"Ah," Victoria said, "Friends with benefits? I didn't know you were into that stuff In Guk-ah."

"That's really not---"

"Sorry!" Krystal grabbed In Guk's arm, "We gotta go!" 

"Victoria!" In Guk called but Krystal was already dragging him away. 

"Seo In Guk," Victoria said to herself, "That's a shame. You cutie."

As Krystal dragged In Guk down one of the campground's hills, In Guk finally was able to escape her grasp.

"What was that?" he demanded.

"I was doing my best to go towards someone," Krystal crossed her arms, "But then you show up and mix up all my feelings. So, how am I supposed to let you have an easy time getting with the girl you like? And really, did you have to do it in front of me? You know that I'm not completely over with things!" 

"How was I supposed to know?" In Guk yelled, "I tried to contact you to make sure you were like, still alive, but you ignored me!" 

"I can't believe you like someone else now," Krystal grumbled.

"She's a family friend," In Guk sighed, "And I've hung out with her since I was little."

"Is she the reason you broke up with me?" Krystal suddenly asked in a sad tone.

"Krystal, look," In Guk explained, and sat down next to her on the grass.

"What?" Krystal buried her face in her knees, which her arms were tightly wrapped around.

"I broke up with you for your own sake," In Guk explained, "Taking our relationship any longer with no feelings would've just hurt more if I had ended it later."

"You had no feelings for me?" Krystal sobbed.

"No, I did, it's just that they were fading and I didn't want to lead you on to a dead end, you know?" In Guk answered. 

"You don't think we can start over?" Krystal implied. 

Seo In Guk patted her head gently.

"I'm sorry."

Krystal's head was hung low.

"On the bright side," In Guk smiled weakly, "We've both found people we feel drawn to, so can we just stay on friendly terms?" 

"But why?" Krystal asked him, "Why not me?"

In Guk didn't know what to say. The most he could do for Krystal was simply stay by her side as she wept. 

Moments from her relationship with In Guk flashed through her mind. 

They were by the Han River, sitting on the ground by the water. 

"Oppa," Krystal had said cutely, grabbing his arm and leaning on his shoulder. 

"Uh?" In Guk gazed at her lovingly.

"I have a secret," she smiled, "That I want to tell you."

"What?" In Guk rolled his eyes, "Is it that you love me?"

"Nuh uh," Krystal shook her head and kissed him on the cheek, "I don't even have to prove that to you."

"Then what?" In Guk asked, rubbing his nose gently against hers.

Krystal sighed deeply.

"My secret is," she said, "that these days with you have been the happiest moments of my life."

"They better be," In Guk replied. 

She had been upset with his reaction and had started to walk away.

"Yah, Krystal!" In Guk called, still sitting down, "Come back!" 

She ignored him.

"Krystal!" 

Then she suddenly felt his warm hands wrapping themselves around her waist. In Guk rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Stay." 

Now, going back to the present, Krystal didn't feel any warmth when next to In Guk. Those days were long gone and here In Guk sat beside her, not even having the slightest clue at how to comfort her. 

"Krystal," In Guk interrupted her thoughts, "I actually have to go. I feel bad, but my family..."

She lifted her face up. 

"Go," she sniffed, "It's better for me too if you leave."

"Krystal-ah," In Guk was still very concerned.

Krystal stood up.

"I might as well leave first then."

"Krystal..." 

Krystal did her best to walk with a smile on her face back to the lodge. However, by the time she had reached the place, everyone was coming out. And what broke her heart even more was that Victoria was with Minhyuk again. Uncle Go Soo saw her and decided to make everyone go to their cabins first. He walked over to his niece.

"Don't try," Uncle Go Soo said in a soft tone, "I know you're upset."

Krystal's smile disappeared and her lips were wavering. 

"Aigoo," he hugged his niece, letting her cry on his shoulder, "It's okay. It's okay."

That's when Krystal finally realized. The people who truly knew how to comfort you weren't your friends, or significant others. 

They were your family.