Misunderstanding because of a Misunderstanding!

Cafe Lulo

"Yo," Sungkyu knocked on Sung Yeol's door.

Sung Yeol was lying on his bed shirtless, watching a video on his phone.  

"Has my bro been working out?" Sungkyu teased and slapped Sung Yeol's abs hard.

"What the hell!" Sung Yeol snapped, covering himself with his bed sheet. 

"Whatcha watching?" Sungkyu asked him in an aegyo voice, cuddling beside his younger brother in the same blanket.

"Gross," Sung Yeol groaned but let Sungkyu stay next to him.

"You're watching Hyuna?" Sungkyu laughed.

"What about it?" Sung Yeol muttered, "I'm like her number one fan."

"What song?" Sungkyu asked.

"Troublemaker!" Sung Yeol sang, "I'm so jealous of Hyunseung."

"You shouldn't be," Sungkyu said, "You have Krystal."

Sung Yeol locked his phone.

"That reminds me," Sung Yeol raised himself so he could sit on his pillow, "Hyung, I wanna tell you something."

"What?" Sungkyu replied, making himself comfortable by taking all of the blanket. 

"I think...I'm really serious about her."

Sungkyu raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

Sung Yeol smiled. 

"I met her family today."

"Whoa!" Sungkyu exclaimed, "You've already met her parents? How?"

Sung Yeol blushed.

"They suddenly showed up so..."

Sungkyu pinched his brother's cheek.

"Mah boy!" he coddled.

"Hyung!" Sung Yeol pushed him away.

"Okay, okay, tell me."

"Minhyuk likes her too."

Sungkyu smiled weakly.

"I know. He told me."

"What?" Sung Yeol was shocked, "You knew?"

"Just found out," Sungkyu sighed, "But if you're asking for my advice, I really can't help you."

"Hyung!" 

"I don't know the tie between you and Minhyuk," Sungkyu explained, "And it's all up to Krystal. Guys usually stay cool after the girl decides."

"I hate how being a guy...People automatically assume that you can't cry or feel sad about things like this," Sung Yeol muttered.

"That's why when a guy does," Sungkyu stated, "It means whatever the reason behind the dude crying was, it was big."

"You're not really helping," Sung Yeol pointed out, "And I don't care about Minhyuk. Our friendship ended a long time ago." 

"You're not willing to change that?" his older brother suggested.

"No, I've got enough on my mind to take care of," Sung Yeol decided. 

"Alright, man," Sungkyu ended the conversation and left his brother be. 

"God," Sung Yeol ruffled his hair, "When did life get so complicated?" 

Suddenly, his phone made a bell noise. It was a text message. 

"Krystal?" Sung Yeol whispered to himself when he saw his screen. 

K: thanks for today. 

SY: thanks for what? i just did what ur parents asked of me.

K: no its just that they seemed to have a ncie time today...thanks to you

SY: ur fam is nice. ur lucky. 

K: i bet urs is better. youve got the money to go on vacations and everything.

SY: actually my folks are rarely home. 

K: oh.. sry. 

SY: Nah, i've gotten used to it. plus, whenever my mom comes home, she always has seol hyun. 

K: LOL . how is that girl?

SY: i really cudnt care less about her.

K: dont you think ur being a bit too mean? if u dont like her, just tell her nicely. 

SY: too lazy.

K: only bad guys say things like that. 

SY: i AM a jerk. Remember? that's all you learned from sohee and minhyuk. and donghae.

K: actually...

SY: ?

K: I don't think so. you're not bad at all sung yeol.

SY: lol thanks. 

K: no i mean it. I...feel really happy. like i have a fun time being with you . as friend of course. 

Sung Yeol was about to reply that he felt the same way: He had a fun time being with her as well, but Krystal shot another message. 

K: So now that we're good friends...do u think u cud help me get some time w minhyuk? 

"God dammit," Sung Yeol felt hurt, "I even tried to kiss her and all she can talk about is that Minhyuk bastard."

There was no way he could say that now. Out of anger, he hastily texted back a response.  

SY: u know it's all an act right? one of the things i HATE the most is spending time with adults. and honestly, i wasn't gonna kiss u back there. it was to make u shut up. just like last time in the taxi so i hope that you dont misunderstand my actions. 

K: oh...okay. 

 

Sung Yeol threw his phone at the wall. 

"I hate this," he cursed, "Why can't she notice anything?" 

Krystal slowly put her phone down on her bed. 

"I was being stupid again," she quietly laughed to herself.