Chap8

Separate Ways [College]

It was an ordinary Wednesday; you, Ahyoung, and VIXX were having your lunch under a tree. Taemin and Naeun were running to you guys. Once they were standing in front of you, they were catching their breaths before speaking.

“Xiao…are you…alright?” Taemin panted.

You frowned. “Yes, of course, why won’t I be?”

“I guess you haven’t heard.” Naeun said.

“About what?”

They worriedly looked at each other.

“What’s going on?” Ahyoung worriedly asked. VIXX boys were starting to get worried as well.

“Myungsoo…” You stiffened when Naeun mentioned his name. “…and that Doyeon girl are dating.”

“You’re kidding me. Myungsoo hates Doyeon. That’s never going to happen.”

A motorbike suddenly entered your campus earning attention from everyone. It stopped in front of you guys.

“Xiao, are you alright?!” L.Joe hurriedly got off his bike and shook you.

“Don’t tell me…” You frowned.

He looked at Taemin and Naeun. “We just told her.” Taemin said.

“It’s…true.” L.Joe looked down.

“You’re lying! We both know he hates Doyeon! How is that possibly going to happen?” Your tears were threatening to fall again.

“Look, Xiao, I don’t know what happened either. He’s ignoring us, even Infinite! He’s acting like he doesn’t know us. When I heard about it, I’m sorry Xiao, but I beat the hell out of him.”

“No, this is ridiculous.” You were crying already.

L.Joe hugged you. “Excuse us.” He told your friends and guided you somewhere far from them. “Look at me.” He wiped your tears.

“What is happening? Why…?”

“Let it all out. Don’t worry, I promise I’ll find out why Myungsoo is being an .”

 

After classes, Taemin, Naeun, Ahyoung, and VIXX met up.

“I’m worried about Xiaoyu. She didn’t attend her afternoon classes.” Taemin said.

“Do you know where she could possibly at?” Ravi asked Leo. He just ignored him.

“Guys, give her some alone time. She needs it.” Ken said.

 

It was already late and you were still out of sight. Ahyoung was at VIXX’s dorm while Naeun and Taemin were at your dorm.

“Bin-ah, Naeun said Xiao is still not home and it’s raining hard.” She worriedly said. Ahyoung was on the phone with Naeun.

“N-hyung~ it is already late but Naeun said Xiao is still not home!” Hongbin called.

“Eh?! But it’s raining hard!” Hyuk’s voice can be heard from the living room.

A door slamming was heard, and then it became silent. “Hello, Ahyoung? What was that?”

Hongbin went out of his room to see what happened. “Ravi-hyung said Leo-hyung stormed out. He’s probably going to find her.”

“What did he say?” Naeun asked Ahyoung.

“He said Leo-oppa stormed out of their dorm and probably going to find Xiaoyu.”

“I hope he does find her. I told Taemin not to tell her brother because he might panic.”

 

You didn’t attend your afternoon classes; you were not in the mood to do so. When L.Joe had to leave, you went to the park and decided to cry your heart out…again. It was already getting late, but the sky was really dark than usual. It’s going to rain, just perfect for your mood. You’ve been trying to call Myungsoo but he’s not answering, as usual. You sent him a message.

I won’t believe any of them, unless you yourself tell me that it’s true. Like what we promised, I will wait and hear for your explanation. Please. I miss you. I love you, forever.

Your heart started to beat faster when you received a reply as soon as you sent the message. It was from Myungsoo! You couldn’t believe it. He replied, but your face fell when you read the message.

Haven’t you heard? I’m with Doyeon now. So stop bothering me anymore. I don’t want to see you ever again. If it wasn’t obvious, we’re done.

“No, this isn’t you, Myungsoo.” You tried to call his number but, it seemed like he turned his phone off. I need gege, you thought. As you were about to call him, your phone rang.

“Hello, Kris gege?”

“Hey, Xiao. Please don’t panic, okay?” He sighed.

“Why?” Just hearing those words from him already made you panic.

“Lay…he’s…he’s in the hospital.”

“WHAT?! W-why???” Your dried tears came to life once again.

“Actually, he injured his hips a long time ago, but he didn’t tell you because he didn’t want you to worry. He overworked it this time so it worsened. He doesn’t want to tell you this either, but I thought you have the rights to know. Please don’t tell him I’m the one who told you.”

“My gege…” You cried. Raindrops started to pour, washing your tears.

“Don’t worry too much about it, Xiao. We’re here and we’ll make sure of his health, ok?”

“Thanks, gege.”

“Could this day get any worse?” You cried as Kris ended the call.