Chap13

Separate Ways [College]

It was already 6 in the evening when Lay’s surprise party ended. Taemin offered for the four of you to spend the night at his apartment; the place has enough space.

“Shall I just order some ramen for dinner?” Taemin asked. All of you agreed.

“Oh, Taem, is there a convenience store nearby?” You asked.

“Yes, there’s one by the corner of the street. Why?”

“I just want to by some snacks.” You grinned.

“I’ll accompany you.” Leo said.

“No need. I’ll be quick.”

“Are you sure?”

“Don’t worry, oppa. I’ll immediately call you if something happens.” You headed to the door.

“Take care!” Naeun said.

 

When you were about to enter the store, someone bumped into you.

“I’m sorry.” You bowed.

“Xiaoyu?”

You looked up and your eyes widened. “Sunggyu-oppa!” You hugged him. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too. What are you doing here?”

“I surprised my brother. It’s his birthday.”

“Oh, is that so? How have…you been?” He was unsure of his question.

You looked away. After all this time, you have forgotten him.

“Are you mad at Myungsoo?” He asked. “You shouldn’t be. You know him better than anyone else. He won’t do such thing.”

“He told me to not bother him anymore and that we’re done.” You looked at him. “I knew it didn’t sound like him…I tried to call him…even all of you…no one answered nor called back…what do you expect me to feel?” The feelings you buried before were returning.

“I don’t know if I should tell you…” He muttered but you were able to catch it.

“Are you hiding something, oppa?”

“Let’s not talk here.” The two of you sat on a bench outside. “You should be hearing this from him, but I guess he has no plans to do so. You have the right to know, so I’ll tell you.”

You nodded, indicating him to continue.

“Myungsoo had to leave school later than usual because a prof asked him to do some stuff. He was already tired, and yet, Doyeon was there waiting for him when he walked out of the campus. She was annoying the hell out of him. When they were crossing the road…” He looked at you with sympathy.

“Don’t tell me he…”

He nodded. “They didn’t notice the traffic light. Our Myungsoo is really kind, even he hates Doyeon, he still decided to save her and push her out of the road. He did that for her, and yet Doyeon is still a mad, crazy, selfish, evil . When all of us, including Teen Top, Minyoung, and Jihyun, arrived in the hospital, the doctor said he will have amnesia.”

You were already crying, just by hearing that. You didn’t notice your phone vibrating in your pocket.

“Because of that, a very evil plan was plotted in Doyeon’s mind. She had the guts. Why? Because Kim Youngmin, her father, became the new CEO of the most powerful company. She claimed herself as Myungsoo’s girlfriend. She threatened us; if we dare to speak the truth, especially to you, she will ask her father to do something bad to your brother. Sungjong was really mad, cursing Doyeon every time, wishing she was the one who got hit by the car. That’s why we can’t speak to you. I apologize on behalf of the others. Plus, she had Myungsoo’s phone. If you ever received something ridiculous, it was her.”

“Why, oppa? It hurts again. I thought everything is back to normal…then, how is he doing now?”

Sunggyu gave you a comforting hug before continuing.

“Myungsoo regained his memories after a week; we told him what happened so he had to play along. He was going crazy. L.Joe was mad that L wasn’t finding a way to get out of the mess, especially knowing how miserable you’ve been. He beat Myungsoo up; he just let him, thinking he deserved all of that. Luckily, a month ago, Doyeon’s father was kicked out of his job because he was caught red-handed. That’s when Myungsoo’s hell broke loose. Doyeon never bothered him ever again, she even transferred school. The problem was, Myungsoo had no guts to face you again. He doesn’t know how to. He knew about you and Leo.”

“Leo! Oppa, what do I do? I can’t leave Leo like that. I’ve started to fall for him too. Unlike L.Joe’s, this is different, just like Myungsoo’s…but…”

“Give yourself some time to sort your feelings out…but for now, I guess you and Myungsoo need to talk it out…My shift at the music store is tonight…so I’ll be pretty busy…you still know our dorm, right?”

 You nodded. “Gyu-oppa…you’ve been working really hard these days. You already have a lot of jobs related to Music.” You smiled at him.

“Yeah, but I’m not getting tired of my jobs, no matter how many they are. You know how much I love Music.” He ruffled your hair.

“Thank you, oppa. Take care.”

When Sunggyu left, you felt your phone vibrating.

“Hello, Leo-oppa? I’m sorry! I met Minyoung and Jihyun, too much drama. I forgot to check my phone. I’ll be back a little later. I’ll talk to them for some more time, is that ok?” You lied.

“Is that so? Ok. Tell me if you’re heading home. I’ll fetch you. I’m pretty sure your girl talks will end very late.”

“Ne~ I’ll just tell you the address later.”